Open Job: Scott

Brcatz

On 11/1/2023 at 6:50 PM, Chip said:

If I can remember correctly KCSD tried to eliminate open enrollment and redraw some sort of district lines a few years back for their respective high schools and that was met with major resistance from the people of Independence. 

But to say Scott High is at their worst point EVER is a fallacy

I don't believe eliminating open enrollment was on the table, but they tried to redraw the district lines in Independence for Scott and SK.  They tried moving some subdivisions from SK to Scott, and parents in those subdivisions were not having it.  Therefore, the district dropped it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Breds82 said:

I'd be surprised if Wynn would want the Scott job. He did well at Newport and is doing better at Mason Co. Besides financials what would the Scott job offer to make it a better gig than Mason Co.?

Proximity to home. I believe he lives in Taylor Mill and I believe his kids played youth ball in Scotts feeder organization.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

Proximity to home. I believe he lives in Taylor Mill and I believe his kids played youth ball in Scotts feeder organization.

Well that will do it. Thanks for the insight. If that’s the case, he’d be a perfect candidate. Young, proven winner, can turn a program around, and if his kids do play in the feeder school he’ll obviously be extremely motivated. 

Follow up question. If he does live in Taylor Mill why did he leave Newport to go to Mason Co? If you can’t get into details I understand. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...