Open Job: Scott

Brcatz

2 hours ago, TheConch said:

Who is Bob Black? 

He is currently the middle school head coach at Woodland. I believe he also use to be an assistant at the varsity level at Scott, before moving down to take over the middle school program. Real good guy. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BBHCEAGLE said:

I also believe he has the middle school turned around and trending upward. Weren't they in the championship game this year?

Woodland does seem to be on the upswing after  experiencing a few down years after winning three championships from 2013-2017 in the large school division before Coach Black took over in 2022. Moving down to the medium school division this year was a big help and probably where they should have been based on enrollment. I'm not sure that he really wants the high school job though.

On an interesting note about the program, in that first championship season, Woodland beat Covington Catholic with AJ Mayer's group twice.

• Like 1

No hiring in sight?? Serious question to the (if there is any) Scott insiders. Does the instability of the Administration and all of the normal KCSD hoops make this job even worse?

I understand not having a great football tradition, but the other things don't make it easy there either. Could that be why things always seem to move slowly there. In regards to hiring coaches.

I've heard, through my limited grapevine, that the administration, including the AD, could be a reason that Scott is not getting top notch applicants for the job.  It seems that the football program is almost an afterthought and that resources for the program are doled out sparingly when compared to other sports and school activities/clubs.  Does anyone have any real insight on this?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, En Fuego Hombre said:

I've heard, through my limited grapevine, that the administration, including the AD, could be a reason that Scott is not getting top notch applicants for the job.  It seems that the football program is almost an afterthought and that resources for the program are doled out sparingly when compared to other sports and school activities/clubs.  Does anyone have any real insight on this?

You hit the nail on the head. The leadership at Scott is poor, from the top down. I know several coaches at Scott and they very little confidence in Casey Fisk. The principal is an interim principal. The application list is very underwhelming. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, En Fuego Hombre said:

I have been told this by multiple people now, including current Scott coach and staff. 

Which is a shame. Taylor Mill and bordering areas have produced fantastic football players over the years. Weather they stay at Scott or go elsewhere.

Is this a reason for student athletes leaving?