Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Scott

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, TheConch said:

Who is Bob Black? 

He is currently the middle school head coach at Woodland. I believe he also use to be an assistant at the varsity level at Scott, before moving down to take over the middle school program. Real good guy. 

  • Replies 137
  • Views 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Off topic a little but how many people who look or point at test scores have ever even seen the test? Like others have said there also a lot of other factors that go into testing.    I believe

  • gbballfan21
    gbballfan21

    He would also be a good hire at Conner, Trinity, Cincinnati St. X, Colerain, Little Sisters of the poor ... or any other school if he decided that he ever wanted to be a head coach again. No offense t

  • Scott has made 3 region finals since 2015. Take away this year and the COVID year, I'd say this has been the best 10-year run Scott has ever had. Granted, they've played in a weak district and were on

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, BBHCEAGLE said:

I also believe he has the middle school turned around and trending upward. Weren't they in the championship game this year?

Yes they were. 

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Yes they were. 

Hopefully all those kids go to Scott. 

8 hours ago, BBHCEAGLE said:

I also believe he has the middle school turned around and trending upward. Weren't they in the championship game this year?

Woodland does seem to be on the upswing after  experiencing a few down years after winning three championships from 2013-2017 in the large school division before Coach Black took over in 2022. Moving down to the medium school division this year was a big help and probably where they should have been based on enrollment. I'm not sure that he really wants the high school job though.

On an interesting note about the program, in that first championship season, Woodland beat Covington Catholic with AJ Mayer's group twice.

What is Greg Taphouse up to? May be a way to get back in the game.

Last I heard Taphouse is out of teaching right now. Might be a great move to get back into it with Scott. Did a pretty good job with the Ludlow program when in charge.

No hiring in sight?? Serious question to the (if there is any) Scott insiders. Does the instability of the Administration and all of the normal KCSD hoops make this job even worse?

I understand not having a great football tradition, but the other things don't make it easy there either. Could that be why things always seem to move slowly there. In regards to hiring coaches.

I've heard, through my limited grapevine, that the administration, including the AD, could be a reason that Scott is not getting top notch applicants for the job.  It seems that the football program is almost an afterthought and that resources for the program are doled out sparingly when compared to other sports and school activities/clubs.  Does anyone have any real insight on this?

29 minutes ago, En Fuego Hombre said:

I've heard, through my limited grapevine, that the administration, including the AD, could be a reason that Scott is not getting top notch applicants for the job.  It seems that the football program is almost an afterthought and that resources for the program are doled out sparingly when compared to other sports and school activities/clubs.  Does anyone have any real insight on this?

You hit the nail on the head. The leadership at Scott is poor, from the top down. I know several coaches at Scott and they very little confidence in Casey Fisk. The principal is an interim principal. The application list is very underwhelming. 

7 hours ago, En Fuego Hombre said:

I've heard, through my limited grapevine, that the administration, including the AD, could be a reason that Scott is not getting top notch applicants for the job.  It seems that the football program is almost an afterthought and that resources for the program are doled out sparingly when compared to other sports and school activities/clubs.  Does anyone have any real insight on this?

I have been told this by multiple people now, including current Scott coach and staff. 

Which is a shame. Taylor Mill and bordering areas have produced fantastic football players over the years. Weather they stay at Scott or go elsewhere.

Is this a reason for student athletes leaving?

I am hearing Scott may be close to making an announcement.  Anyone?

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am hearing Scott may be close to making an announcement.  Anyone?

Yes, should be soon. 

16 minutes ago, I gotta go to work said:

Yes, should be soon. 

Thank you.

And everyone I am hearing the name Justin Franklin.

Can anyone confirm or deny Coach Franklin to Scott?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.