Open Job: Scott

Brcatz

12 hours ago, Buck2 said:

What about Greg Hacker? I believe he’s been the offensive coordinator there for the past couple of seasons and teaches in the building. 

When did he get a teaching job at Scott? He’s been teaching at Grant for the past two years or so while coaching at Scott. 

36 minutes ago, barrel said:

When did he get a teaching job at Scott? He’s been teaching at Grant for the past two years or so while coaching at Scott. 

36 minutes ago, barrel said:

This year, I believe. Kids are in the youth league as well. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Buck2 said:

What about Greg Hacker? I believe he’s been the offensive coordinator there for the past couple of seasons and teaches in the building. 

If this were the case, or if they were going in house in any way, wouldn’t this decision already been made? Fisk has gone outside the bubble once, unless the last experience still burns him, I think history will repeat and he goes same direction. Then again, 50 percent of the time, I have no clue what I’m talking about, every time. 

Updated Names Mentioned in order of mention (yes, even if for comedic relief):

Joe Wynn

Alex Shelton

Bob Black

Terry Durstock

Matt Luken

Nelson Perrin 
Dan Woolley

Noel Rash

Jeff Marksberry

Paul Wiggins

Dan Court

Greg Hacker 

If I missed one, excuse me. 

45 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Updated Names Mentioned in order of mention (yes, even if for comedic relief):

Joe Wynn

Alex Shelton

Bob Black

Terry Durstock

Matt Luken

Nelson Perrin 
Dan Woolley

Noel Rash

Jeff Marksberry

Paul Wiggins

Dan Court

Greg Hacker 

If I missed one, excuse me. 

I don't think this list is even close to being correct. I know some of these names were mentioned in the last search when Owens was hired, but I'd say of this list, there might only be 2 or 3 that have actually applied. This is just my opinion though, as I have no clue who has applied. I'd be shocked if  Woolley, Marksberry, or Rash were applicants. I can't imagine any reason why any of those guys would consider taking the job.

5 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

I don't think this list is even close to being correct. I know some of these names were mentioned in the last search when Owens was hired, but I'd say of this list, there might only be 2 or 3 that have actually applied. This is just my opinion though, as I have no clue who has applied. I'd be shocked if  Woolley, Marksberry, or Rash were applicants. I can't imagine any reason why any of those guys would consider taking the job.

100% agree with you. I was just making note of all names mentioned in the thread as 2 new names were just mentioned(Court & Hacker). 

I have no idea whether or not any of these guys or interested, much less applied. 

Obviously, Rash did not. He was mentioned as a joke. 

10 minutes ago, TheConch said:

100% agree with you. I was just making note of all names mentioned in the thread as 2 new names were just mentioned(Court & Hacker). 

I have no idea whether or not any of these guys or interested, much less applied. 

Obviously, Rash did not. He was mentioned as a joke. 

I'm pretty sure Hacker applied in the last go round, and I think Cort might have too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheConch said:

If this were the case, or if they were going in house in any way, wouldn’t this decision already been made? Fisk has gone outside the bubble once, unless the last experience still burns him, I think history will repeat and he goes same direction. Then again, 50 percent of the time, I have no clue what I’m talking about, every time. 

I figured you for a 60% guy ...

anchorman-sex-panther-bottle-box-prop_360_6c5768283f3b996d221b2866a23286ef.jpg

• Haha 3

After seeing a few games the past few years. You would think Mr. Fisk would clean house this time. After seeing the coaching staff. Some are holdovers from as far back as Woolley being the Head Coach. Maybe the biggest problem is the culture carrying over year to year? Clearing house may get some new excitement in the locker room and program.

3 hours ago, BBHCEAGLE said:

After seeing a few games the past few years. You would think Mr. Fisk would clean house this time. After seeing the coaching staff. Some are holdovers from as far back as Woolley being the Head Coach. Maybe the biggest problem is the culture carrying over year to year? Clearing house may get some new excitement in the locker room and program.

My comment really isn’t about Scott but in general. I don’t think people realize how hard it is to even put together a staff in today’s game. If you clean house good luck filling a staff. 

2 hours ago, barrel said:

My comment really isn’t about Scott but in general. I don’t think people realize how hard it is to even put together a staff in today’s game. If you clean house good luck filling a staff. 

While I agree with you 100% Allow me to play devils advocate. 

If I'm applying for a Head coaching job. I should at least have a good idea or the majority of my staff tentatively in place. Relying on staff members currently there isn't a solid game plan. Obviously in most situations that staff was let go for a reason. Hence playing into the mediocrity or settling for what you can get. 

Then you have to ask yourself as an AD. I'm I hiring the right person? Just my 2 cents and I apologize for the long winded response.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BBHCEAGLE said:

I think the holdover led to Coach Turner leaving. There may have been some dissention in the ranks with a couple. Some guys wanting a lot of say in what went on but were not really active during the week and trying to change up things on Friday nights. 

On 1/7/2024 at 11:37 PM, BBHCEAGLE said:

While I agree with you 100% Allow me to play devils advocate. 

If I'm applying for a Head coaching job. I should at least have a good idea or the majority of my staff tentatively in place. Relying on staff members currently there isn't a solid game plan. Obviously in most situations that staff was let go for a reason. Hence playing into the mediocrity or settling for what you can get. 

Then you have to ask yourself as an AD. I'm I hiring the right person? Just my 2 cents and I apologize for the long winded response.

this is one of the main reasons it is so hard to build a program.  Unless you are in a place where the school has multiple teaching openings and you have guys willing to move.  If you move to a different area of the state building a staff is gonna be a crap shoot. You are going to be hiring guys you don't know and then hoping it all works together, very underrated part of being an HC is being able to find guys and making it all work together. 

On 1/8/2024 at 11:02 AM, 1&ONLY44 said:

I think the holdover led to Coach Turner leaving. There may have been some dissention in the ranks with a couple. Some guys wanting a lot of say in what went on but were not really active during the week and trying to change up things on Friday nights. 

That's simply not true. Turner had 4 years to bring new guys in. I get year one because he wasn't hired until May. After that, anyone who was there was there because he allowed them to be there. If the coaching staff was why he left (which I don't think is the reason by the way), that's on him.