Boyle County Pound for Pound #1?

Who Ya With?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Rebels the P4P #1 team in KY?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 3 weeks later...

1) Insert 4A Champion here 

2) Insert 4A Runner Up here 

3-10) In whatever order Trinity, Corbin, 4A Semifinalist #1, Highlands, 4A Semifinalist #2,  Male, Frederick Douglass, some team I’m forgetting. 

Somewhere after that, Mayfield. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Is Mayfield the best team LCA has faced? Could Mayfield stay on the field with Boyle County?

I think Bowling Green and Mayfield would be an absolute battle.

If RPI wasn't such a burden, I'd love to see it scheduled one of these days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BillNye said:

I think Bowling Green and Mayfield would be an absolute battle.

If RPI wasn't such a burden, I'd love to see it scheduled one of these days.

I really wish anyone involved with the Rafferty’s Bowl could set that up with BG..back when the state championships was at Western the entire town would make the 2 hour trip up the road..would have to think they would do the same for a big time showcase game like that against a very well respected program and high quality opponent..

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Is Mayfield the best team LCA has faced? Could Mayfield stay on the field with Boyle County?

They played Boyle, CAL, Bowling Green, Lexington Catholic as well as the best two team in 1A Raceland and Pikeville. On any given day I think each of those teams could beat Mayfield, but I also think Mayfield could beat most of them as well. That's why I think Mayfield deserves to be in the pound for pound discussion. 

Looking at LCA'S schedule I have idea how their RPI was behind Mayfield's.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TheConch said:

1) Insert 4A Champion here 

2) Insert 4A Runner Up here 

3-10) In whatever order Trinity, Corbin, 4A Semifinalist #1, Highlands, 4A Semifinalist #2,  Male, Frederick Douglass, some team I’m forgetting. 

Somewhere after that, Mayfield. 

I thought this was about pound for pound, not who would win if they played. IMO, you would have to throw Male and Trinity out, since they're already in the biggest class, so, what bigger teams have they beaten? Even the 5a teams would be questionable. Do any of those teams consistently beat the upper level 6a teams? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jeff jackson said:

I thought this was about pound for pound, not who would win if they played. IMO, you would have to throw Male and Trinity out, since they're already in the biggest class, so, what bigger teams have they beaten? Even the 5a teams would be questionable. Do any of those teams consistently beat the upper level 6a teams? 

I’d have to agree with you, and my post was more so kidding. I haven’t seen a majority of those teams play so I quite frankly have zero clue LOL. 

16 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

They played Boyle, CAL, Bowling Green, Lexington Catholic as well as the best two team in 1A Raceland and Pikeville. On any given day I think each of those teams could beat Mayfield, but I also think Mayfield could beat most of them as well. That's why I think Mayfield deserves to be in the pound for pound discussion. 

Looking at LCA'S schedule I have idea how their RPI was behind Mayfield's.

I honestly think Mayfield beats Pikeville and Raceland 9 out of 10 times. Beats LexCath 8 out of 10 times. Beats CAL 7 out of 10. And at least splits with BG. Now Boyle idk but I can say Mayfield’s skill position players are on par with nearly any team in the state. While I also realize there is a lot more to football than skill positions. I thought they could have definitely beat Paducah (NO disrespect against Paducah). They had their chances and just couldn’t capitalize. They have grown a ton through the season, the coaches have opened up the playbook and they are just flat out Uber athletic and Uber talented.