Boyle County Pound for Pound #1?

Who Ya With?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Rebels the P4P #1 team in KY?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Statsdontlie said:

I agree with all this, having watched Boyle play against LCA and Lexington Catholic their Secondary is the weakest link. 

It's kinda crazy when you think of how Boyles weak link on their defense turns around and is the strong link on their offense. 

As far as overall number one, to be determined, yes... they could beat anyone, but Boyle needs work on the back end on defense, which is surprising, their secondary has to be the fastest in the state. Boyle for some reason seems to play all zone when I watched them a couple times and no man to man. I have also heard Boyle's best lineman on both sides of the ball Kelly is out for an extended period with an injury, which hurts Boyle significantly in the coming weeks.  

30 minutes ago, RetiredCoach1968 said:

As far as overall number one, to be determined, yes... they could beat anyone, but Boyle needs work on the back end on defense, which is surprising, their secondary has to be the fastest in the state. Boyle for some reason seems to play all zone when I watched them a couple times and no man to man. I have also heard Boyle's best lineman on both sides of the ball Kelly is out for an extended period with an injury, which hurts Boyle significantly in the coming weeks.  

I think they play alot of zone to give their stars a breather. Quisinberry, Brown, and Dawson all start in that "weak" secondary while also being their 3 most impactful guys on offense.

I think most people are judging the Boyle secondary on the two games against LCA and Lex Cath. First of all these are probably the two best QB's in the state as far as throwing the ball. Boyle did not have Demauriah Brown in the game against LCA which made a huge difference. Against Lex Cath the secondary did not play well until the second half and still held a very good offense to 21 pts.  Boyle has substituted  freely in the other games to give some of their starters a breather. I think going into the playoffs the secondary will be a great asset to an already strong defense. This is why you play this type of strong pre district schedule. You find out what your weaknesses are and correct them.

1 hour ago, Country said:

I think most people are judging the Boyle secondary on the two games against LCA and Lex Cath. First of all these are probably the two best QB's in the state as far as throwing the ball. Boyle did not have Demauriah Brown in the game against LCA which made a huge difference. Against Lex Cath the secondary did not play well until the second half and still held a very good offense to 21 pts.  Boyle has substituted  freely in the other games to give some of their starters a breather. I think going into the playoffs the secondary will be a great asset to an already strong defense. This is why you play this type of strong pre district schedule. You find out what your weaknesses are and correct them.

Slight correction, The LCA game was Demuariah's first game as a Rebel. And if I'm not mistaken he scored on one of the first offense plays of the game for BC, and he had 2 ints and a couple pb's on defense, I think LCA might've squeaked out a win in that game if he hadn't played. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KP33 said:

Slight correction, The LCA game was Demuariah's first game as a Rebel. And if I'm not mistaken he scored on one of the first offense plays of the game for BC, and he had 2 ints and a couple pb's on defense, I think LCA might've squeaked out a win in that game if he hadn't played. 

Sorry. He missed the first game. Yes he was the difference in the LCA game looking back.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Country said:

If Boyle goes far enough into the post season, they’ll face a few more great QB’s. Elam of Corbin comes to mind. 

If you want to talk about QB's, then we also have to mention the one who has actually won something, The Rebel's Sage Dawson was the the winning QB in last years 4A championship and his numbers this year will compare favorably to those mentioned. All he does is win. Boyle may face one or both those mentioned and will cross that bridge when they get there. All I said was the LCA and Lex Cath QB's are probably the two best passing QB's in the state. If yours are better then they need to prove it.

Dawson looks really good in his Hudl highlights, great KY HS athlete with a nice arm. If I’m playing them, I’m trying to get him in the run fit and make him tackle early and often at corner; if nothing else I’m just trying to wear him down for the 2nd half on the other side of the ball. You really don't see a QB starting both ways too much anymore.

8 hours ago, CCHFC said:

Dawson looks really good in his Hudl highlights, great KY HS athlete with a nice arm. If I’m playing them, I’m trying to get him in the run fit and make him tackle early and often at corner; if nothing else I’m just trying to wear him down for the 2nd half on the other side of the ball. You really don't see a QB starting both ways too much anymore.

True. Ironically the last two Boyle teams both had the QB both ways. Gillis and Dawson.