BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings 10/16

TheDeuce

3 minutes ago, BillNye said:

No way of knowing that for certain. They were about 5 yards away from FG range with 20 seconds of clock left. 

They were a little lucky.

To the point, I think Highlands is number one right now, but it is close. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, theguru said:

BG is a trick play away from having three losses. 

I mean, that debate can also be applied to the two losses as well.  They were X plays away from being undefeated, or X penalties from Y.  I have no problem with Highlands being #1, but I don’t think that’s a fair point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Volxtile said:

I mean, that debate can also be applied to the two losses as well.  They were X plays away from being undefeated, or X penalties from Y.  I have no problem with Highlands being #1, but I don’t think that’s a fair point.

Considering they already have two losses I think it is a fair point.  We keep score for a reason. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I will add this to the discussion. My opinion is it is very rare that a team should drop in the rankings after a win. In other words, for someone to jump ahead of Highlands, Highlands will need to lose. Regardless of what teams behind them do and who they beat, they should not move ahead of Highlands if Highlands keeps winning. That's not a Highlands thing, that is a ranking philosophy.

I disagree with this in principle, but agree with this specific application. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

They were a little lucky.

To the point, I think Highlands is number one right now, but it is close. 

I agree it’s close and these are the top 2 teams.  These 2 teams would be a shootout,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brown said:

BG 2 wins better than Highlands.  They are 9 points away from being undefeated.  Polls are just that but BG should be #1.

Using this logic Highlands win over Dixie is that much better. Dixie is 2 inches away from beating Beechwood and 13 seconds away from beating CovCath (Highlands only loss). 

• Like 1

BG fan getting fired up, I love it!!! But at what point do you say “yeah we lost 2 games by nine points”. You still lost twice and Highlands only once. If this was old college days two losses puts you in the Music City Bowl. No moral victories in the polls only victories.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

BG fan getting fired up, I love it!!! But at what point do you say “yeah we lost 2 games by nine points”. You still lost twice and Highlands only once. If this was old college days two losses puts you in the Music City Bowl. No moral victories in the polls only victories.

'Bred says, "Neigh, neigh."

horse-working.gif

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

Well I said that and I assure you I’m not a BG fan.  If there is any team in the state I would love to beat by 50 it is them.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Breds82 said:

“You still lost twice and Highlands only once”

Using this logic Campbellsville should be #1 in 1A and Ocath #1 in 2A.

• Like 1