5. Owensboro at Madisonville-North Hopkins 

6. Woodford County at Anderson County

7. Cooper vs. #10 Dixie Heights 

8. Southwestern at Pulaski County 

9. Greenwood at #2 Bowling Green 

10. Dixie Heights at #7 Cooper

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, BillNye said:

Lexington Catholic or Cooper is Highlands best win.

I'm curious to know what it would take for Bowling Green to reclaim #1 if a win on the road against the #3 team in the class doesn't do the trick.

It's pretty ridiculous at this point for them not to be #1. 

12 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

Not so much in this poll, however I am sure several on here from Scott Co. would think they are better than the 4th rated team. In the KHSAA RPI you guys are like Douglass you are still behind South Warren after beating them at their place. Douglass has went on the road and beat Trinity by 3 and Saturday defeated Bryan Station on the road by 20 and are still behind both of these teams in RPI. I will say on the BGP poll they are ranked where I think they should be currently.

Great win for Bowling Green. One great win does not make you number one. If you look at the other quality wins for Highlands and Bowling Green, Highlands clearly has more quality wins. Highlands has wins over Lex Cath, Raceland, Ryle, Cooper and Dixie Heights. Bowling Green counters that with Owensboro. I actually think the question for debate is should Bowling Green be #2 over Scott County?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Killowatt59 said:

Highlands still #1????

1 hour ago, Killowatt59 said:

1 hour ago, Runcible Owl said:

This week, the Bluebirds are also #1 on CalPreps, Massey, and RPI. A rare sweep. 🤷

In regards to Massey, #15 Bowling Green has two losses to teams now rated below them - #17 LCA (2A) and #19 Bryan Station (6A). 

The Purple's win over South Warren closed the gap between the two, but the Spartans are still one place up statewide.

Previous week: SW #10 - BG #19.

This week: SW #14 - BG #15. 

CalPreps denotes "upset" wins in blue; "upset" losses in red. Their system rated BG's win an upset. 

Statewide: #7 Highlands; #15 South Warren; Bowling Green #20.

Screenshot_20231016-135142__01.jpg

First and foremost, anyone creating a ranking list is set up to take criticism and I have a lot of respect for the BGP lists each week.

As you know I'm biased for BG.  With that said, BGs top 2 wins are better than the top 2 wins for Highlands and Scott County by quite a bit:

BG best wins:  South Warren (6-2) #3 in the BGP 5A Poll/RPI #2 in 5A and Owensboro (5-3) #5 in the BGP 5A Poll/#9 in 5A RPI

Highlands best wins:  LexCath (4-4) #2 in BGP 3A poll/#11 in 3A RPI and maybe Cooper (7-2) #7 in BGP 5A Poll/#14 in 5A RPI

Scott County best wins:  Woodford County (5-2) #6 in BGP 5A Poll/#7 in 5A RPI and maybe South Oldham (6-3) probably 10-15 in the BGP 5A Poll/#10 5A RPI.

My perspective is this is a poll for right now and this past week's outcome weighing the most and why BG should likely be #1.  Are they the #1 team in 5A?  Not 100% sure without bias.  But after last week's win, IMO they should be ranked there.  I'm cool with where they are though; always differing opinions, which is why this site is so good.  I'm sure Highlands guys say Highlands are #1 and Scott County fans have them at #1.

• Like 5