BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings 10/16

TheDeuce

I stated that BG is 6 seconds and a hook and ladder away from being a three loss team only because someone made the argument that they are 9 points away from being undefeated. So if there are are arguments both ways then you have to say a win is a win and a loss is a loss. BG has 2 losses and Highlands has one. All good losses. There is no way that there is a clear cut argument that BG is better than Highlands. Let it go.

• Like 1

Against Highlands current schedule I’d say…

Owensboro would be 7-2

South would be 8-1 or 9-0

LCA would be 8-1 or 9-0

Bryan Station would be 7-2 or 8-1

NOBODY, except Cov Cath, on Highlands’ schedule would have any chance of being 6-2 against BG’s schedule to date. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VF111 said:

Against Highlands current schedule I’d say…

Owensboro would be 7-2

South would be 8-1 or 9-0

LCA would be 8-1 or 9-0

Bryan Station would be 7-2 or 8-1

NOBODY, except Cov Cath, on Highlands’ schedule would have any chance of being 6-2 against BG’s schedule to date. 

It’s a good thing Highlands beat everyone on their schedule except Cov Cath. Also, looks like BG needs to get a tougher schedule if everyone can run through it like you say; especially the 2A team they lost to, yikes! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, theguru said:

It will all get figured out soon enough, I can't wait!

Best post of the entire thread.  Never seen so many people so bent out of shape regarding a poll that has nothing to do with what gets played on the field.  Did I miss something or is there actually an award for being ranked #1 in week 10 of the season?  As Aaron Rogers once said...R-E-L-A-X  🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hector607 said:

The rest of 5A is so scared of Highlands they’ve lost all of their number sense (8-1 > 7-2). THE BLUEBIRDS ARE SO BACK!

Then when Highlands loses in the playoffs there’ll be another thread on why the coach should be fired lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

I watched most of the BG vs South game that was streamed, and as a HHS fan I saw HHS most of their games when competitive.  I am not interested in seeing the Scott HS game.

I think all are games against each of these teams would be very competitive. On any give night any one of those time could beat the other. 

It will be fun seeing how it turns out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIG BLACK JACK said:

You mean the poll put together by BGHS graduate Jason Frakes?

Bahahahaha.  I love it.

You actually think a long time reporter for the largest newspaper in the state is secretly rigging a statewide poll just to put BG #1 instead Of #2?

that's a whole other level.