War in Israel

PP1

3 hours ago, theguru said:

Anti-Israel protesters have the Golden Gate Bridge shut down and CHP says there is no timeline for opening the bridge.

As of 2pm EDT, the bridge has been shut down for 3.5 hours and shut down in both directions.  

What a joke...

I don't understand how they let that happen. 

18 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I don't understand how they let that happen. 

Right, arrest them immediately, charge them with the max, and go after them civilly for the probably millions in losses they caused. 

Every American has the constitutional right to peacefully protest.   So I guess it depends on your definition of peaceful.   Peaceful doesn't always mean non-violent.   Disrupting other people ability to make a living and raising anxiety levels isn't exactly peaceful.

23 hours ago, theguru said:

Right, arrest them immediately, charge them with the max, and go after them civilly for the probably millions in losses they caused. 

I saw that some had their arms stuck in the sides of barrels filled with concrete. Each one was having to be cut out to remove them from the roadways.

I agree, charge them with federal charges...better chance those would stick. 

8 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I saw that some had their arms stuck in the sides of barrels filled with concrete. Each one was having to be cut out to remove them from the roadways.

I agree, charge them with federal charges...better chance those would stick. 

I hear you. Just like everything else law enforcement encounters you would have to train everyone up and provide them (or the Fire Department) with the tools to safely extricate any of these criminals from their contraptions.  Beyond that, in any normal place you wouldn't need to involve the Feds at all.  If you did something like this in Boone County, Kentucky I would expect you are probably going to serve a couple years in prison. To me the whole issue here is jurisdictions that refuse to allow the police to do their jobs. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, theguru said:

I hear you. Just like everything else law enforcement encounters you would have to train everyone up and provide them (or the Fire Department) with the tools to safely extricate any of these criminals from their contraptions.  Beyond that, in any normal place you wouldn't need to involve the Feds at all.  If you did something like this in Boone County, Kentucky I would expect you are probably going to serve a couple years in prison. To me the whole issue here is jurisdictions that refuse to allow the police to do their jobs. 

The only reason I would want to charge them federally is I don't see them getting the same sentence in SF, Chicago and NY ocally that Boone County Kentucky would hand down.

Surely there is a federal statute on impeding interstate commerce. 

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

The ones with their arms in concrete barrels...lift them into a public maintenance truck, move them to a park somewhere and drop them off. Let them figure out how to get out of the barrels themselves.

I guess amputation might be a bit harsh?

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

The ones with their arms in concrete barrels...lift them into a public maintenance truck, move them to a park somewhere and drop them off. Let them figure out how to get out of the barrels themselves.

Sounds like fun but once you take custody of another human being you are responsible for them. 

4 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Multiple reports just coming in that Iraeli missiles had been fired at Iranian targets in Syria, Iraq and Iran.

Time to turn the Terminator off on BBC America and switch to the BBC. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 7:59 AM, Voice of Reason said:

100% this. I'd just move them out of the road and leave them there. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

It is looking like the de-escalation moves are going to work. Tensions decrease after Israel's limited,  almost symbolic, attack last night.

Until Iran uses a proxy group to launch another attack at some point and it will happen. But a may be weeks or even months before it does. 

• Like 1