Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

War in Israel

Featured Replies

Just want to throw this out there because I've seen a lot of things on the news and social media. There is this idea that the war in Israel is a fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy, signaling the end of the world. As Christians we/I believe that when Jesus died on the cross for our sins, that the old testament was fulfilled. About 40 days later, on the day of Pentecost, the Christian Church began. Christians believe that the Kingdom of God, the Temple, the Promised Land, the Land flowing of milk and Honey, etc is no longer Israel, but the Christian Church. Jerusalem is no longer the holy city, it is the Christian Church that is the "Holy City." The Jews are no longer God's chosen people, it is the church that is God's chosen people, the church is Abraham's seed, the church is the Nation of Israel.

So, in essence, the antichrist or man of lawlessness that will attempt to destroy Jerusalem, is the devil trying to destroy the church. 

The war in Israel is bad. It is sin and violent. I pray for those who are being killed. It is not a sign of the end times though, not one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

 

 

  • Replies 224
  • Views 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Until Iran gets smacked in the face this thing is going to go on and on, and get bigger and bigger. 

  • I hear you. Just like everything else law enforcement encounters you would have to train everyone up and provide them (or the Fire Department) with the tools to safely extricate any of these criminals

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    The ones with their arms in concrete barrels...lift them into a public maintenance truck, move them to a park somewhere and drop them off. Let them figure out how to get out of the barrels themselves.

Posted Images

I'm hoping WW3 doesn't break out. My son is in the Marine Corps but will complete his 4 years of active duty in May so I'm hoping we don't get too involved. Looks like things are going to escalate though.

Nothing would surprise me at this point in terms of this thing spilling over into other parts of the region.  As bad as things are in Israel, possibly more worrisome is what is taking place in other middle east countries at US embassies.  It won't take much for this to pop off. 

I have been watching/reading a lot in the last couple of weeks trying to get a full understanding of the whole situation.  I will never understand how so many people can join forces to kill innocent people, especially children, praise their version of God, and celebrate it. It scares me how powerful evil countries have become.  I believe Albert Einstein said “I don’t know how WW3 will be fought, but I know how WW4 will be fought…with stone spears.”  Seems frighteningly prophetic.

1 hour ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I have been watching/reading a lot in the last couple of weeks trying to get a full understanding of the whole situation.  I will never understand how so many people can join forces to kill innocent people, especially children, praise their version of God, and celebrate it. It scares me how powerful evil countries have become.  I believe Albert Einstein said “I don’t know how WW3 will be fought, but I know how WW4 will be fought…with stone spears.”  Seems frighteningly prophetic.

I think you answered your own question within the same sentence. More people have been killed for religious reasons than for any other in world history. It has been easily justifiable throughout the course of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc. to take out innocent lives. I do hope with better access to information we can become more evolved in our thinking, but when said information is nefariously controlled dire consequences ensue.

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

I think you answered your own question within the same sentence. More people have been killed for religious reasons than for any other in world history. It has been easily justifiable throughout the course of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc. to take out innocent lives. I do hope with better access to information we can become more evolved in our thinking, but when said information is nefariously controlled dire consequences ensue.

While the religious aspect is a part of it.  Recent news articles are also suggesting that many of the Hamas terrorists were using Captagon.  Not common in the US, Captagon is believed to be mass produced in Syria.  Syria's mass production of Captagon, is so prevalent that its being considered a narco state as a result.  From Drugs.com "Captagon has been touted by the media as the amphetamine fueling Syria's war or The Jihadists Drug."

From what I've read and listened to over the past week, it's often compared to methamphetamine and is believed to have long term effects on the brains circuitry.   If you do some digging, there are several articles linking Captagon to Hezbollah and other terrorist/militant groups.

3 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

While the religious aspect is a part of it.  Recent news articles are also suggesting that many of the Hamas terrorists were using Captagon.  Not common in the US, Captagon is believed to be mass produced in Syria.  Syria's mass production of Captagon, is so prevalent that its being considered a narco state as a result.  From Drugs.com "Captagon has been touted by the media as the amphetamine fueling Syria's war or The Jihadists Drug."

From what I've read and listened to over the past week, it's often compared to methamphetamine and is believed to have long term effects on the brains circuitry.   If you do some digging, there are several articles linking Captagon to Hezbollah and other terrorist/militant groups.

Never heard of Captigon.  Will have to do some reading, thanks!

  • Author
12 hours ago, bugatti said:

I think you answered your own question within the same sentence. More people have been killed for religious reasons than for any other in world history. It has been easily justifiable throughout the course of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc. to take out innocent lives. I do hope with better access to information we can become more evolved in our thinking, but when said information is nefariously controlled dire consequences ensue.

Do you think it is for religious reasons or do some countries really seek power and authority so they use religion as an excuse to attack? 

Using religion as a motivator for your just or unjust causes has been around since religion has.

Four drone strikes against US bases in nearby Syria have occurred in the last few days. Three were intercepted and shot down while one struck the bases causing unreported damage and injuries to soldiers.

Yesterday a US Destroyer off the coast shot down several missiles fired from Yemen. The missiles were NOT fired at the ship, my guess is they were fired towards Israel. 

US announced earlier this week that 2,200 troops were put on alert that they would be heading to the middle east soon. They are supposed to be deployed as support troops in another country, not on the ground in Israel. 

It seems as if the US is getting closer by the day of getting drug into this militarily. 

11 hours ago, PP1 said:

Do you think it is for religious reasons or do some countries really seek power and authority so they use religion as an excuse to attack? 

I believe they are simpatico. But to your question, absolutely people use religion as an excuse. And I know we are going to an extreme example with these senseless murders, but through the history of civilization, systems, cultures, customs, and laws were created (often with good intent) with religion being the foundational base.

-----------

I'm not smart enough to understand where all of this is headed. Feels like a larger scale regional conflict is going to unfold.

17 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

Never heard of Captigon.  Will have to do some reading, thanks!

I had not heard of it, but it makes sense. Wasn't it in Blood Diamond where the kid was given some kind of mind-altering drug that put him under a spell?

It was reported that in the Somalian conflict where American troops engaged local militants that many of the Somalians were on some kind of mind altering drug when they went into battle. I think the Germans did some of the same during WW2. 

The Somalians were on Khat. The Nazi soldiers were on Some form of Meth I believe.

Two US hostages released today. Pressure being put on US to stop Israeli ground invasion, if they want the rest of the US hostages back.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.