War in Israel

PP1

Iran is saying that as far as they are concerned this entire thing has concluded. 

It's like they fired off these drones and missiles to save face and show their country that they attacked Israel for the consulate bombing.

Iran seems to want to do the first part and hope they don't "Find Out."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Iran is saying that as far as they are concerned this entire thing has concluded. 

It's like they fired off these drones and missiles to save face and show their country that they attacked Israel for the consulate bombing.

Iran seems to want to do the first part and hope they don't "Find Out."

Said that early on yesterday.  They'll find out though, Israel can't/won't stop until they win. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

US saying we will NOT participate in counter attacks against Iran if Israel chooses to do so.

Perfect. US has handled this as well as they could so far. Telling Israel to consider shooting down all the drones a victory and trying to stop retaliation, not supporting retaliation  -  all the right responses. Can Isreal get out of war monger mode and win back worldwide support? This is their moment to turn the tide back in Israel's favor.

Our No Politics Policy reads in part:

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held.

55 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Perfect. US has handled this as well as they could so far. Telling Israel to consider shooting down all the drones a victory and trying to stop retaliation, not supporting retaliation  -  all the right responses. Can Isreal get out of war monger mode and win back worldwide support? This is their moment to turn the tide back in Israel's favor.

Yeah, Israel is to blame, they started this.  🙄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

I know right.

If I was in charge and "anyone" launched 200 drones/missiles at the state of Kentucky my minimum response would be a times ten response meaning I would hit them back at least 2000 times.  Furthermore, I would declare that if "anyone" attacks Kentucky again my last (2000 response) would be itsy bitsy teenie weenie compared to what I do next. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, theguru said:

I know right.

If I was in charge and "anyone" launched 200 drones/missiles at the state of Kentucky my minimum response would be a times ten response meaning I would hit them back at least 2000 times.  Furthermore, I would declare that if "anyone" attacks Kentucky again my last (2000 response) would be itsy bitsy teenie weenie compared to what I do next. 

I had an entire post typed out prior to my last one and decided not to post it. But yeah, agreed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

Definitely had every right to respond to the Hamas attack. The response of almost complete destruction of a state and killing 33,000 civilians is what has brought condemnation of Israel's tactics.

39 minutes ago, theguru said:

I know right.

Someone throws a couple punches at you. Miss completely but stepped on your toe. Your response is to pulverize the guy to concussion and break his arm?

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Someone throws a couple punches at you. Miss completely but stepped on your toe. Your response is to pulverize the guy to concussion and break his arm?

I was thinking about the fruit I am going to order from Amazon and in addition to some strawberries and blueberries and I am going to get some apples and oranges. 👊

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theguru said:

I was thinking about the fruit I am going to order from Amazon and in addition to some strawberries and blueberries and I am going to get some apples and oranges. 👊

I say just stick with apples. No damage done. Warn them if they attempt that again, then the response will be more than 2,000 times the level of their attack. Deescalate now.

(You order fruit from Amazon?)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I say just stick with apples. No damage done. Warn them if they attempt that again, then the response will be more than 2,000 times the level of their attack. Deescalate now.

The de-escalation is up to Iran.   This is a regional war that involves at least 16 countries now.  From The Intercept:

THE REGIONAL WAR in the Middle East now involves at least 16 different countries and includes the first strikes from Iranian territory on Israel, but the United States continues to insist that there is no broader war, hiding the extent of American military involvement. And yet in response to Iran’s drone and missile attacks Saturday, the U.S. flew aircraft and launched air defense missiles from at least eight countries, while Iran and its proxies fired weapons from Iraq, Syria, and Yemen.

https://theintercept.com/2024/04/14/israel-iran-regional-war/

1 hour ago, theguru said:

The de-escalation is up to Iran.   This is a regional war that involves at least 16 countries now.  From The Intercept:

THE REGIONAL WAR in the Middle East now involves at least 16 different countries and includes the first strikes from Iranian territory on Israel, but the United States continues to insist that there is no broader war, hiding the extent of American military involvement. And yet in response to Iran’s drone and missile attacks Saturday, the U.S. flew aircraft and launched air defense missiles from at least eight countries, while Iran and its proxies fired weapons from Iraq, Syria, and Yemen.

https://theintercept.com/2024/04/14/israel-iran-regional-war/

Directly involved in the fighting, I would say Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Yemen, Iran, US and UK, with the 5 Arab countries all being proxies of Iran. From that perspective, Iran just gave Israel the invitation to go after them hard if they are ready for that battle.

Anti-Israel protesters have the Golden Gate Bridge shut down and CHP says there is no timeline for opening the bridge.

As of 2pm EDT, the bridge has been shut down for 3.5 hours and shut down in both directions.  

What a joke...