Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 NKY Frosh Football Scores & Rankings

Featured Replies

42 minutes ago, The_Bull44 said:

It would nice to see Highlands and Beechwood play each other at the varsity / jv level.  Maybe the schools would consider doing so in the future.

It will never happen.  It's called fear of losing two games in regular season.  One to CCH and one to whoever loses.?

  • Replies 422
  • Views 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    You are completely missing what people are telling you. There was NO ADDITIONAL game added. Freshman football has always gone all the way up until the last week of the varsity regular season. Then onc

  • Cov_Cath_Hwy
    Cov_Cath_Hwy

    No the Colonels do not know that at all.  Better teams win, period.  Yes, it is that simple, cut, and dry.  Good teams don’t lose and don’t make excuses for losing.  When you lose, you lose because yo

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    5 of the 9 northern Kentucky football programs that field exclusively freshman teams only get to play 9 games this season. The other 4 managed to successfully schedule 10 games. Think about all the ti

Posted Images

  • Author
44 minutes ago, UKato91 said:

It will never happen.  It's called fear of losing two games in regular season.  One to CCH and one to whoever loses.?

7c02ebe55ca7a950f816d2609f37086f.gif

I'll also bite. You mean to say 3 players are enough to over come a 7 TD to zero score? Closer score than that, sure, but 7 TDs? Also Highlands and Beechwood played I believe twice in the early 2000s and it was quite evident who was the superior team.

40 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

I'll also bite. You mean to say 3 players are enough to over come a 7 TD to zero score? Closer score than that, sure, but 7 TDs? Also Highlands and Beechwood played I believe twice in the early 2000s and it was quite evident who was the superior team.

Hard to tell, but again, Beechwood was without their best player when playing Highlands. I watched him play. He probably leads their team in both TD‘s and tackles if I had to guess. 

Now you add Fryman, who without question is the best NKY Freshman, I think you have a really good game. I don’t think there are any 3 players from Highlands that could contain him. 

Not taking anything away from Highlands squad. Very good team. 
 

 

45 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

I'll also bite. You mean to say 3 players are enough to over come a 7 TD to zero score? Closer score than that, sure, but 7 TDs? Also Highlands and Beechwood played I believe twice in the early 2000s and it was quite evident who was the superior team.

I’ll bite, because three players definitely could make a difference. Especially when one of those players would have been the best player in freshman football. We have even seen that happen in varsity action. When one team beats a team by a big score in the regular season, and then come playoffs the other team wins. Shoot just two years ago we saw three examples of that at the varsity level once the playoffs came around. 
 

Yes football is a team game, but two to three key players being out can definitely change how a whole game is played. In Beechwood’s case a Fryman and two other key players being out changes how a whole game is played. Means their offense does more and probably scores. Which keeps Highlands offense off the field as much. Plus Beechwood’s defense probably better then too. 
 

I'm not saying Beechwood would win, because no way to know that. However, I do think it would have been a much closer game. 

Highlands Frosh could have won the Beechwood game by as much as they wanted. It happened to be 48.  Lorenzen is as good as any Freshman on the field. They just let him play many different positions. He would be dominate at any one position should they choose to play him that way, but they don’t. No way one kid makes up a 7 or 8 TD difference. 

1 hour ago, footballfan21212 said:

Hard to tell, but again, Beechwood was without their best player when playing Highlands. I watched him play. He probably leads their team in both TD‘s and tackles if I had to guess. 

Now you add Fryman, who without question is the best NKY Freshman, I think you have a really good game. I don’t think there are any 3 players from Highlands that could contain him. 

Not taking anything away from Highlands squad. Very good team. 
 

 

Lorenzen is the best freshman I’ve seen in a long long time. And I’ve watched lots of football.

So I find the claim of Fryman being leaps and bounds better, dubious at best.

5 minutes ago, Pi said:

Lorenzen is the best freshman I’ve seen in a long long time. And I’ve watched lots of football.

So I find the claim of Fryman being leaps and bounds better, dubious at best.

Take a moment to watch the CCH / Beechwood varsity tape to see what Fryman is capable of. Specifically, the series where the Beechwood qb is not on the field due to an injury.  Nothing against Lorenzen, but no way 22 is capable of that.  Lorenzen is a fine player and will be great, but the speed and athleticism of Fryman is on a different level at this juncture. He is a weapon that opposing coaches likely scheme for at the varsity level as a freshman.   All in all, two great players who have the ability to impact the game differently.

1. If Beechwood had the missing starters, Highlands beats Beechwood 35-7, maybe 35-14.

2. Fryman's speed is on a different level and that separates him from Lorenzen - and also separates him from the varsity players he is facing, even though he is a freshman.

1 hour ago, Pi said:

Lorenzen is the best freshman I’ve seen in a long long time. And I’ve watched lots of football.

So I find the claim of Fryman being leaps and bounds better, dubious at best.

He is good 2 best freshman are Fryman for Beechwood and Weaver for Simon Kenton both play varsity.

7 hours ago, The_Bull44 said:

Fryman is set to graduate in 2027 at the right age vs. graduate in 2026 at 17yr old.  He’s in the right grade as a freshman.

Lorenzen should just stay back as well then and be a Freshman again next year because he's set to graduate at 17 right now.

Tayden is fabulous and will be. Cale Harris is fantastic and will be.  It will be very interesting to see what the Highlands staff does position wise with these two in the future.  I think many assume Rio will be a 2 year starter for the Birds but who knows how all 3 develop.  Great problem to have.

Also, don’t sleep on Highlands freshman Gabe Williams.  An amazing combination of strength and speed and is already returning varsity kickoffs for the Birds as a true freshman.  Mark it down, this kid will be a big time high school player.

1 hour ago, Pi said:

Lorenzen is the best freshman I’ve seen in a long long time. And I’ve watched lots of football.

So I find the claim of Fryman being leaps and bounds better, dubious at best.

Fryman would run circles around him. 

15 minutes ago, throwback32 said:

Tayden is fabulous and will be. Cale Harris is fantastic and will be.  It will be very interesting to see what the Highlands staff does position wise with these two in the future.  I think many assume Rio will be a 2 year starter for the Birds but who knows how all 3 develop.  Great problem to have.

Also, don’t sleep on Highlands freshman Gabe Williams.  An amazing combination of strength and speed and is already returning varsity kickoffs for the Birds as a true freshman.  Mark it down, this kid will be a big time high school player.

Agreed .. Williams makes plays all over the field.  So many plays, the argument can be made he is the best player on that Highlands freshman team. 

30 minutes ago, footballfan21212 said:

Fryman would run circles around him. 

And Lorenzen would run right through him.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.