Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 NKY Frosh Football Scores & Rankings

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Looks like all of the other Frosh games are tonight. The Highlands/Cooper game was moved to Wednesday when the HHS varsity game was moved to Thursday this week.  

I am all over the place in this thread. Today is Saturday, isn't it?  ?

  • Replies 422
  • Views 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    You are completely missing what people are telling you. There was NO ADDITIONAL game added. Freshman football has always gone all the way up until the last week of the varsity regular season. Then onc

  • Cov_Cath_Hwy
    Cov_Cath_Hwy

    No the Colonels do not know that at all.  Better teams win, period.  Yes, it is that simple, cut, and dry.  Good teams don’t lose and don’t make excuses for losing.  When you lose, you lose because yo

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    5 of the 9 northern Kentucky football programs that field exclusively freshman teams only get to play 9 games this season. The other 4 managed to successfully schedule 10 games. Think about all the ti

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I am all over the place in this thread. Today is Saturday, isn't it?  ?

Know what you mean. Not sure I can pull off a Thursday Varsity game tonight. 

1 hour ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

Highlands locked their spot in the Title game with the Win over Cooper last Night.

That game tonight between CCH vs DHS just determines if CCH hosts the Championship or goes to a Coin flip for a 3 way Tie for 2nd. If Dixie were to Win tonight, Highlands is the 1 seed and Host next week. 
 

With a CCH win tonight 

1. CCH(Host) vs

2. HHS

3. Beechwood(Host) vs

4. Ryle

With a Dixie win tonight

1. HHS(Host) vs

2 A. Beechwood

2 B. CCH

2 C. Ryle

Coin flip to determine who gets the 2 seed

These scenarios are pretty exciting. If it goes to a coin flip will the coaches bring a news crew with them to the closest Truck Stop?

2 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

I am unfamiliar with the younger Pitzer….what is His size and what position(s) does He play?  I agree Fryman is pretty special….anything specific you can point that makes you believe Pitzer can catch/pass Him.

TE (his long-term future) and off ball LB. He’s such a fluid and natural athlete for being as big as he is (not sure on exact, but he’s bigger than Kruer right now. I’d probably guess 6’2, 205). 

The way he catches Fryman is if he’s 6’3+, 235+, and still a top level athlete for that size. Because of the weapons with him, he won’t outproduce Fryman, but I think he could be better. The few games I’ve watched, he just needs to hang out with Rodriguez more and see how physical he is and apply it with more reps. 

On 10/13/2023 at 7:00 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Z0WpG7w.jpg

 

3 hours ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

Highlands locked their spot in the Title game with the Win over Cooper last Night.

That game tonight between CCH vs DHS just determines if CCH hosts the Championship or goes to a Coin flip for a 3 way Tie for 2nd. If Dixie were to Win tonight, Highlands is the 1 seed and Host next week. 
 

With a CCH win tonight 

1. CCH(Host) vs

2. HHS

3. Beechwood(Host) vs

4. Ryle

With a Dixie win tonight

1. HHS(Host) vs

2 A. Beechwood

2 B. CCH

2 C. Ryle

Coin flip to determine who gets the 2 seed

Who is in the three way tie if CCH loses? I see Beechwood and CCH would be at two losses. Who is the third team?

Looking at the results post, I am guessing it is Ryle. Their Campbell County game should be a win, not a loss. 

1 hour ago, CCHFC said:

TE (his long-term future) and off ball LB. He’s such a fluid and natural athlete for being as big as he is (not sure on exact, but he’s bigger than Kruer right now. I’d probably guess 6’2, 205). 

The way he catches Fryman is if he’s 6’3+, 235+, and still a top level athlete for that size. Because of the weapons with him, he won’t outproduce Fryman, but I think he could be better. The few games I’ve watched, he just needs to hang out with Rodriguez more and see how physical he is and apply it with more reps. 

You're at the top of my "go to guys" re Colonels football. The CCH football coaching/support staff must be massively underreporting Owen's height and weight on the current KHSAA roster if your numbers are correct.

Caveat ~ Frosh specs, in my experience, are rarely accurate, e.g. an entire roster listed at 5'-8" and 145 lbs.

2 hours ago, Breds82 said:

These scenarios are pretty exciting. If it goes to a coin flip will the coaches bring a news crew with them to the closest Truck Stop?

Yeah not sure. It was a going to be a Coin flip between Beechwood, Highlands and Ryle for the 2 seed before the Beechies went to Union last week and beat the Raiders. Beechwood did Highlands a huge favor. Highlands who is 8-1 are playing for the Title next week regardless of the results tonight. Just don't know where yet. My guess, in Park Hills next Wed. Think that's when Covington Catholic plays their Freshman games. I believe that's what Highlands wants. Another shot at Covington Catholic.

5 hours ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

Highlands locked their spot in the Title game with the Win over Cooper last Night.

That game tonight between CCH vs DHS just determines if CCH hosts the Championship or goes to a Coin flip for a 3 way Tie for 2nd. If Dixie were to Win tonight, Highlands is the 1 seed and Host next week. 
 

With a CCH win tonight 

1. CCH(Host) vs

2. HHS

3. Beechwood(Host) vs

4. Ryle

With a Dixie win tonight

1. HHS(Host) vs

2 A. Beechwood

2 B. CCH

2 C. Ryle

Coin flip to determine who gets the 2 seed

If it ends up being HHS -V- Beechwood, I hope Beechwood brings the single player, 7 touchdown  difference maker, for that game.  If so, Beechwood should win, right?

  • Author
16 hours ago, CCHFC said:

I have a hard time seeing Cov Cath winning the rematch if Owen Pitzer is still up on varsity and not playing freshman. While Fryman from BW is pretty easily the best player in the freshman class, I would not be surprised if Owen ran him down and was the number 1 guy by their junior year. He has some pretty rare athletic traits. 

6 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

I am unfamiliar with the younger Pitzer….what is His size and what position(s) does He play?  I agree Fryman is pretty special….anything specific you can point that makes you believe Pitzer can catch/pass Him.

3 hours ago, CCHFC said:

TE (his long-term future) and off ball LB. He’s such a fluid and natural athlete for being as big as he is (not sure on exact, but he’s bigger than Kruer right now. I’d probably guess 6’2, 205).

I'd say Owen is probably closer to 6'0" or 6'1" in height right now. His older brother Evan, who is 6'5", looks clear over the top of his head and then some. Owen is definitely thicker than Evan, though, and I'd agree that he probably has about 15 or 20 pounds on 6'1" Tate Kruer.

I'm not sure how many snaps I've seen Owen in on offense at TE, but he's played in three games so far at linebacker, and I've ended up mentioning his name a handful of times in the game update threads when he's had key tackles. 17 tackles in 3 varsity games as a freshman definitely doesn't look back for the coming years.

Freshman OL/DL Jonny Lind has also been moved up to varsity for the Colonels, and also stands as one of the more talented players from the freshman class. I'd have to agree with @CCHFC's take on things that the Colonels freshman team is going to have a difficult time winning a rematch with Highlands with those two moved up to varsity and off of the freshman roster.

  • Author
6 hours ago, BirdDaddy said:

Imagine if Freshman Spencer Clukey of Covington Catholic would of stayed at Highlands and played with his former Class at Highlands? It is still a special group of players but having that 6'-4" Big body kid around would of paid dividends for the Highlands program. With the Benke Twins potentially getting to the 6'-5" height and with Spencer alongside Haretuku at 6'-3", this D-Line alone would of been Huge. What could of should of I guess. 

I just noticed Spencer Clukey showing up on the Cov Cath roster within the last day or two. He doesn't have a position listed. His Hudl account lists him at 6'4" and 235lbs. Whoa!

306007274-5051898164915747-7081284859994

Fyh-KPgb-Xs-Bctak-P.jpg

1 hour ago, En Fuego Hombre said:

If it ends up being HHS -V- Beechwood, I hope Beechwood brings the single player, 7 touchdown  difference maker, for that game.  If so, Beechwood should win, right?

Easily.

Edited by theguru

CovCath beat Dixie 20 - 12.

12 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

CovCath beat Dixie 20 - 12.

I believe that puts Highlands at CCH next week in the 1 vs 2 match.

Beechwood will host Ryle in the 3 vs 4 match.

I believe it is Cooper hosting Conner in 5 vs. 6.

 

4 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'd say Owen is probably closer to 6'0" or 6'1" in height right now. His older brother Evan, who is 6'5", looks clear over the top of his head and then some. Owen is definitely thicker than Evan, though, and I'd agree that he probably has about 15 or 20 pounds on 6'1" Tate Kruer.

I'm not sure how many snaps I've seen Owen in on offense at TE, but he's played in three games so far at linebacker, and I've ended up mentioning his name a handful of times in the game update threads when he's had key tackles. 17 tackles in 3 varsity games as a freshman definitely doesn't look back for the coming years.

Freshman OL/DL Jonny Lind has also been moved up to varsity for the Colonels, and also stands as one of the more talented players from the freshman class. I'd have to agree with @CCHFC's take on things that the Colonels freshman team is going to have a difficult time winning a rematch with Highlands with those two moved up to varsity and off of the freshman roster.

I agree that CCH will be a big underdog against Highlands without Pitzer. If CCH were without Pitzer against Beechwood, it would be Beechwood playing Highlands next week IMO. 

I will add, even with Pitzer I would have Highlands a solid favorite in the CCH rematch. I think Highlands is the clear #1 freshman team. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.