Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 NKY Frosh Football Scores & Rankings

Featured Replies

Looking at the standings, if CC and Highlands win out, CovCath wins based on a head to head tie breaker? Or do they have a rematch?

  • Replies 422
  • Views 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    You are completely missing what people are telling you. There was NO ADDITIONAL game added. Freshman football has always gone all the way up until the last week of the varsity regular season. Then onc

  • Cov_Cath_Hwy
    Cov_Cath_Hwy

    No the Colonels do not know that at all.  Better teams win, period.  Yes, it is that simple, cut, and dry.  Good teams don’t lose and don’t make excuses for losing.  When you lose, you lose because yo

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    5 of the 9 northern Kentucky football programs that field exclusively freshman teams only get to play 9 games this season. The other 4 managed to successfully schedule 10 games. Think about all the ti

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Breds82 said:

Looking at the standings, if CC and Highlands win out, CovCath wins based on a head to head tie breaker? Or do they have a rematch?

The last week of the season is 1 v 2, 3 v 4, 5 v 6 and 7 v 8.  

I am not one to get on these airwaves and talk up young players, but Highlands frosh team is very very good.  Having watched them play the last few years they have the “it” factor to be very successful football players over the next few years.  

6 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

I am not one to get on these airwaves and talk up young players, but Highlands frosh team is very very good.  Having watched them play the last few years they have the “it” factor to be very successful football players over the next few years.  

For those that might want to think this is a "homer" comment, I will second this post. In fact, I  have no idea how Cov Cath beat Highlands. After seeing both in person, Highlands looked to be clearly better to me.

10 hours ago, bigblue96 said:

Quite the opposite, when looking ahead toward next year and the lost season for the 8th grade players as only one 8th grader sees the field for meaningful minutes.  When all freshman are healthy and playing, that one 8th graders action is drastically reduced. 

You’re missing the point. Pulling the best 8th players improves this year’s freshman team. I’m not saying schools should do it, but as a coach, I’d rather assemble the best players from 2 classes than one.

7 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

The last week of the season is 1 v 2, 3 v 4, 5 v 6 and 7 v 8.  

Just out of curiosity, If CovCath was undefeated (beating Highlands head to head) and say Highlands had two losses but was still the #2 seed, would this game still be for the Freshmen Championship? I just never really payed attention to Freshmen ball until this year, by following this thread. Thanks. Good luck to all.

2 hours ago, Breds82 said:

Just out of curiosity, If CovCath was undefeated (beating Highlands head to head) and say Highlands had two losses but was still the #2 seed, would this game still be for the Freshmen Championship? I just never really payed attention to Freshmen ball until this year, by following this thread. Thanks. Good luck to all.

For the last how many years there was no frosh championship game.  Everyone just tried to play 10 games and in some cases played teams twice.  This is the first year in quite some time that last week of the season has been set up this way.

I think 1 through 4 are pretty solid in their spots. Numbers 5,6,7 will be a bit clearer after this week. Dixie already beat Connor, and have Cooper this week. 

13 hours ago, footballfan21212 said:

That is an advantage for Beechwood. Most teams best 8th graders would improve their Freshman team.

That stated, no NKY Freshman team could stop Fryman if he was playing…including Highlands.

Fryman is playing up where he belongs. Right? Shouldn't he be a Soph anyway? Just sayin. I know what everyone did including the several current Freshman at Beechwood did back in 2020 was clearly within the rules but now to only have 4-5 Sophomores now playing Football hurt that Class. Fryman was not dominate last year when HHS shut him down when he was a 8th grader. Or was he a Freshman. I'm confusing myself here. LOL.

1 hour ago, BirdDaddy said:

Fryman is playing up where he belongs. Right? Shouldn't he be a Soph anyway? Just sayin. I know what everyone did including the several current Freshman at Beechwood did back in 2020 was clearly within the rules but now to only have 4-5 Sophomores now playing Football hurt that Class. Fryman was not dominate last year when HHS shut him down when he was a 8th grader. Or was he a Freshman. I'm confusing myself here. LOL.

There is only 1 reclass kid on the current Beechwood freshman team.  The current sophomore class has always been small and several of them decided not to play football this year to concentrate on other sports (mainly baseball).  That's why the sophomore class is so small this season.

16 hours ago, footballfan21212 said:

That is an advantage for Beechwood. Most teams best 8th graders would improve their Freshman team.

That stated, no NKY Freshman team could stop Fryman if he was playing…including Highlands.

Ok, I'll bite.  In your opinion, how different would Highlands 48-0 win have been if this kid was playing in that game?

It would nice to see Highlands and Beechwood play each other at the varsity / jv level.  Maybe the schools would consider doing so in the future.

2 hours ago, BirdDaddy said:

Fryman is playing up where he belongs. Right? Shouldn't he be a Soph anyway? Just sayin. I know what everyone did including the several current Freshman at Beechwood did back in 2020 was clearly within the rules but now to only have 4-5 Sophomores now playing Football hurt that Class. Fryman was not dominate last year when HHS shut him down when he was a 8th grader. Or was he a Freshman. I'm confusing myself here. LOL.

Fryman is set to graduate in 2027 at the right age vs. graduate in 2026 at 17yr old.  He’s in the right grade as a freshman.

49 minutes ago, En Fuego Hombre said:

Ok, I'll bite.  In your opinion, how different would Highlands 48-0 win have been if this kid was playing in that game?

50 points....lol.

Good point and I'm not sure. What I do know is he could single handedly be a major problem on both sides of the ball for any Freshman team. Also, wasn't 2 of Beechwood's best players out vs Highlands this year? Their receiver does most of the damage on offense and is a great defensive player too. I heard he was out. 

With both of them on the field, it would be a fantastic game.

3 minutes ago, footballfan21212 said:

50 points....lol.

Good point and I'm not sure. What I do know is he could single handedly be a major problem on both sides of the ball for any Freshman team. Also, wasn't 2 of Beechwood's best players out vs Highlands this year? Their receiver does most of the damage on offense and is a great defensive player too. I heard he was out. 

With both of them on the field, it would be a fantastic game.

There were 2 starters out and a 3rd who gets a lot of time.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.