Random Playoff Chatter

2 hours ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

The amount of Lebron hate in these threads are comical...  the 2nd greatest if not the greatest basketball player of all time, and this many people praying for his failure. I am very proud to say that I have embraced the greatness we have watched over this ridiculous stretch. 

I’ve never understood what he did to make people hate him so much. He’s not my favorite and I’ll rarely defend him. I just don’t understand what he has done to all these people that hate him.  I like him way more than I ever liked MJ.  That’s for sure.  

MJ is the 🐐 and I’ll forever take Kobe over both of them.  

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 11:43 AM, PurplePride92 said:

I’ve never understood what he did to make people hate him so much. He’s not my favorite and I’ll rarely defend him. I just don’t understand what he has done to all these people that hate him.  I like him way more than I ever liked MJ.  That’s for sure.  

MJ is the 🐐 and I’ll forever take Kobe over both of them.  

I think the thing that rubs most people the wrong way is the constant whining, flopping (which is at an all-time high) and self proclaiming that he is the best ever.

Some will always hold the ring chasing (and super team building) against him...while never holding it against Durrant for some reason. LeBron by all accounts has never been in trouble or any legal situations. He should be the most beloved player in the league but his PR missteps probably mean he never will be.

What a game 6 between Miami and Boston!!!

Bam and Butler were a combined 5 for 28 late in the game. The Celtics were up 10 with 4 to go. Butler then turned it on and with 3 seconds left hit 3 free throws to give the Heat a 1 point lead. 

Boston inbounds to Smart who just turned a fired up a contested 3, it rimmed out...but was put back just ahead of the horn to force a game 7 in Boston.

47 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

What a game 6 between Miami and Boston!!!

Bam and Butler were a combined 5 for 28 late in the game. The Celtics were up 10 with 4 to go. Butler then turned it on and with 3 seconds left hit 3 free throws to give the Heat a 1 point lead. 

Boston inbounds to Smart who just turned a fired up a contested 3, it rimmed out...but was put back just ahead of the horn to force a game 7 in Boston.

That was the type of game Boston needed to win. An ugly looking, somewhat lucky win. Who knows in this series but it sure feels like Boston's talent advantage is going to pull this out for them.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 8:56 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

I think the thing that rubs most people the wrong way is the constant whining, flopping (which is at an all-time high) and self proclaiming that he is the best ever.

Some will always hold the ring chasing (and super team building) against him...while never holding it against Durrant for some reason. LeBron by all accounts has never been in trouble or any legal situations. He should be the most beloved player in the league but his PR missteps probably mean he never will be.

I agree with everything you said besides Durant not having the super team building held against him. Maybe we just get our info elsewhere, but I see him getting more flak than Lebron and it’s not even close

• Like 1

Ran across this post on Facebook discussing the off court LeBron, which absolutely deserves our adulation and respect. 

LeBron James with no father, no education, no training, and very few role models, they handed this young, dirt poor kid $420,000 per week, at the age of 18!

He married his high school sweetheart, he was never arrested, he never used drugs, he never humiliated his spouse with side chick stories. He had no outside babies.

Never in the news with so much as a parking ticket. He is excellent father, heavily involved with his kid's activities and everywhere in his kid's life. He is the greatest player on the PLANET in the game today!

20 years later and still Same LeBron James with same maturity, same chick and never remarried. Same family, his reputation is still intact. Now earning close to $2 million per week. Has sent 1100+ kids to college fully payed for.

No sane person can hate LeBron, James is humanity, the best ingredient in nature.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Ran across this post on Facebook discussing the off court LeBron, which absolutely deserves our adulation and respect. 

LeBron James with no father, no education, no training, and very few role models, they handed this young, dirt poor kid $420,000 per week, at the age of 18!

He married his high school sweetheart, he was never arrested, he never used drugs, he never humiliated his spouse with side chick stories. He had no outside babies.

Never in the news with so much as a parking ticket. He is excellent father, heavily involved with his kid's activities and everywhere in his kid's life. He is the greatest player on the PLANET in the game today!

20 years later and still Same LeBron James with same maturity, same chick and never remarried. Same family, his reputation is still intact. Now earning close to $2 million per week. Has sent 1100+ kids to college fully payed for.

No sane person can hate LeBron, James is humanity, the best ingredient in nature.

I agree he’s done a ton of good, but why is he classified as uneducated? 

4 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I agree he’s done a ton of good, but why is he classified as uneducated? 

I'm guessing because he had no secondary education to prepare him for the financial and business world he was thrust into at 18 years old.

I think most everyone wrote the Heat off after Boston came back from 0-3 to tie the series. Especially with game 7 to be played in Boston. I guess Butler, Bama and the boys didn't get the memo as they hammered the Celtics to reach the finals.

Heat vs Nuggets.. who you got?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

The internet is so funny.

By most accounts LBJ is an amazing person off the court and he obviously is one of the greatest ever. Love the work he has done with charity, especially with the I Promise school. And I assume he is a great family man (like a multitude of players in the NBA, though he wants you to know and must show it publicly), but the "hate" for LeBron is not about that. For me it is the bubble machine he has masterfully crafted... FB posts like this being no exception ("He is the greatest player on the PLANET in the game today!"). The media is in on the game, but he and his team have always played it masterfully. Last week is a great example. The greatest player on the planet gets swept and the story out of the game is LeBron floating that he may retire. That ain't by mistake. Just like Aaron Rodgers floating retirement the past two years is not by mistake. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I think most everyone wrote the Heat off after Boston came back from 0-3 to tie the series. Especially with game 7 to be played in Boston. I guess Butler, Bama and the boys didn't get the memo as they hammered the Celtics to reach the finals.

Heat vs Nuggets.. who you got?

Nuggets and I feel pretty good about it. Something tells me if Jokic is in the middle of the zone, he will not be discombobulated like Al Horford. I do worry about rust out of the gate.