Random Playoff Chatter

36 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Celtics sure dominated the 76ers to close out that series. Sheesh.

Yeah, that was rough for Philly.

I mean, it's James Harden and Doc Rivers. They've made a career of going belly up when it matters most.

16 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I really enjoy watching Jokic and the Nuggest play basketball. Cheering for them to win it all.

Me too. Best watch in the NBA.

People are giddy the Lakers seemed to find something in the 4th quarter, putting Rui on Jokic and letting AD roam the paint. You would think they won game by how they are acting.

37 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Me too. Best watch in the NBA.

People are giddy the Lakers seemed to find something in the 4th quarter, putting Rui on Jokic and letting AD roam the paint. You would think they won game by how they are acting.

"You see how the Lakers didn't lose by 20?? GOAT."

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

"You see how the Lakers didn't lose by 20?? GOAT."

Only thing I've learned in the NBA is each game of the playoffs is totally different. Now maybe the Lakers unlocked something, but it is silly to think the Nuggets are not going to adjust. If anything, I thought L.A. got about all they could out of their squad offensively and it still wasn't enough. Jokic was giving them the business most of the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Only thing I've learned in the NBA is each game of the playoffs is totally different. Now maybe the Lakers unlocked something, but it is silly to think the Nuggets are not going to adjust. If anything, I thought L.A. got about all they could out of their squad offensively and it still wasn't enough. Jokic was giving them the business most of the game.

I watched all of the first half and went to bed assuming the Nuggets would win. Saw the box score this morning and saw how close it ended up being. Then I saw AD had 40. 

LeBron could average 40 for the series, but AD isn't doing that. 

7 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I watched all of the first half and went to bed assuming the Nuggets would win. Saw the box score this morning and saw how close it ended up being. Then I saw AD had 40. 

LeBron could average 40 for the series, but AD isn't doing that. 

That would require him to do it in back to back nights, which was a narrative I scoffed at for a long time, but has proven to be VERY true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

The Nuggets didn’t even play well last night, IMO. 

Played poorly and Denver really didn’t solve how Jokic is being defended, despite his triple double. Murray went on a heater, LeBron predictably tried to match him from deep, and that was the game. I just don’t get why he tries to prove he is a good shooter… he’s not and never has been.

• Like 1

I’m mentally prepared for a Nuggets title.  I hadn’t been.  That reality is slowly settling in.  

The Lakers have an extremely small margin of error to avoid getting swept.  Game 3 is going to be close.  The spread is -5.5 Lakers at the moment.   If I could gamble legally I’d be betting on Denver to at least cover.  The spread at tip will be interesting.  

LeBron is old.  Father Time is whipping him.  If he is incapable of being efficient consistently then this series won’t last long.   His inefficiency was one of the things that cost the Lakers the game last night.  Crazy as it sounds to say but he has to be better immediately if the Lakers still want to have a chance to win the series.  I still have hope but my expectations are the lowest they have been for the Lakers this postseason.  

8 hours ago, bugatti said:

Played poorly and Denver really didn’t solve how Jokic is being defended, despite his triple double. Murray went on a heater, LeBron predictably tried to match him from deep, and that was the game. I just don’t get why he tries to prove he is a good shooter… he’s not and never has been.

This is the part of the new era of basketball that I don’t like.  I hate seeing guys who are capable of physically and skillfully dominating down low do their best KD imitations.(Giannis, Joel, LeBron)  They fall in love with the three and playing on the perimeter when they could crush everyone down low.  Instead of taking 6-8 three pointers just take 2-4 and use those other possessions down low dominating in the paint.  Drives me nuts to see them keep shooting from deep when their shot ain’t falling at the time.   

The Lakers went from up 2-3 points to down 3-5 points because LeBron kept shooting threes.  Drove me nuts.  

• Like 1