Random Playoff Chatter

1 hour ago, PurplePride92 said:

This is the part of the new era of basketball that I don’t like.  I hate seeing guys who are capable of physically and skillfully dominating down low do their best KD imitations.(Giannis, Joel, LeBron)  They fall in love with the three and playing on the perimeter when they could crush everyone down low.  Instead of taking 6-8 three pointers just take 2-4 and use those other possessions down low dominating in the paint.  Drives me nuts to see them keep shooting from deep when their shot ain’t falling at the time.   

The Lakers went from up 2-3 points to down 3-5 points because LeBron kept shooting threes.  Drove me nuts.  

Additionally when AD hit that corner 3 in the 4th, it may have been the worst thing that could have happened. I think the rest of the game he only shot (and missed) 3's. Along with James' late turnovers and inability to finish a few times it doomed the Lakers...well that and Murray just going off in crunch time.

• Like 1

I’m mentally prepared for a Nuggets title.  I hadn’t been.  That reality is slowly settling in.  

The Lakers have an extremely small margin of error to avoid getting swept.  Game 3 is going to be close.  The spread is -5.5 Lakers at the moment.   If I could gamble legally I’d be betting on Denver to at least cover.  The spread at tip will be interesting.  

LeBron is old.  Father Time is whipping him.  If he is incapable of being efficient consistently then this series won’t last long.   His inefficiency was one of the things that cost the Lakers the game last night.  Crazy as it sounds to say but he has to be better immediately if the Lakers still want to have a chance to win the series.  I still have hope but my expectations are the lowest they have been for the Lakers this postseason.  

You think? It feels to me like the game where Denver is playing with house money and if they do not get off to a hot start, the Lakers cease control and the Nuggets will gear up for game 4. I still think L.A. has a shot because they defend at a high level (in the half court), but it does seem inevitable that Denver will "break the code" eventually.

This is the part of the new era of basketball that I don’t like.  I hate seeing guys who are capable of physically and skillfully dominating down low do their best KD imitations.(Giannis, Joel, LeBron)  They fall in love with the three and playing on the perimeter when they could crush everyone down low.  Instead of taking 6-8 three pointers just take 2-4 and use those other possessions down low dominating in the paint.  Drives me nuts to see them keep shooting from deep when their shot ain’t falling at the time.   

The Lakers went from up 2-3 points to down 3-5 points because LeBron kept shooting threes.  Drove me nuts.  

The dumb part is Denver has nobody that can stop anyone getting to the rim. They're actually an ok team defense wise, but just ok. It's not like 1994 Mutombo is back there waiving his finger.

Bad part about James's three point attempts last night were a host of them were when they needed him the most. I think he was just tired and it is easier to hoist them up than drive the lane.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kentucky Windage said:

I haven't watched any NBA until now, but Jimmy Butler has instantly become my favorite player. Dude's a stud!

I have loathed Jimmy for some time, especially how he handled the Minnesota situation. But now I co-sign on what you say.

As I read the last couple pages of posts, I realized an interesting contrast. Jimmy Butler is the stud of the playoffs playing the game LeBron should be playing - tough D, attack the paint, kick it out to your shooters for 3's. I think LeBron is giving up that atrack the rim game in deference to AD, and probably because he doesn't have the energy to sustain it that Butler has.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I guess we don't have to worry about any claims the fix is in by the NBA to get a Lakers Celtics matchup. Oh well, there is always next year.

But the fix IS in... Lakers and Celtics both become the first team(s) to come back from down 3-0 and win in seven. 😎

• Haha 2

The amount of Lebron hate in these threads are comical...  the 2nd greatest if not the greatest basketball player of all time, and this many people praying for his failure. I am very proud to say that I have embraced the greatness we have watched over this ridiculous stretch. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

The amount of Lebron hate in these threads are comical...  the 2nd greatest if not the greatest basketball player of all time, and this many people praying for his failure. I am very proud to say that I have embraced the greatness we have watched over this ridiculous stretch. 

Do any of you guys know exactly when and where the meme of ...