Random Playoff Chatter

The closing minutes and overtime of the Lakers/Grizzlies game set back basketball 15 years. Memphis missed an abundance of open looks and probably relinquished any hope of winning the series. LeBron finally decided to drive the ball multiple times to seal the victory instead of pulling up from 27 feet. He channeled his inner Oscar Tshiebwe pulling down 20 rebounds. Impressive! AD was out of it, doing his normal every third game take off a game routine.

15 hours ago, bugatti said:

The closing minutes and overtime of the Lakers/Grizzlies game set back basketball 15 years. Memphis missed an abundance of open looks and probably relinquished any hope of winning the series. LeBron finally decided to drive the ball multiple times to seal the victory instead of pulling up from 27 feet. He channeled his inner Oscar Tshiebwe pulling down 20 rebounds. Impressive! AD was out of it, doing his normal every third game take off a game routine.

Heard a stat today. These numbers may not be exactly right but they are close. In playoff game last second shots to win or tie a game, LeBron is 7 for 12. Every other MVP from the last 20 years is 6 for 45.

11 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Heard a stat today. These numbers may not be exactly right but they are close. In playoff game last second shots to win or tie a game, LeBron is 7 for 12. Every other MVP from the last 20 years is 6 for 45.

But.. but.. he's not clutch! 

More trouble than he is worth. Not a huge market for a 6'6" just above average wing defender that can't shoot the ball.

I put Brooks and his shenanigans in the same bad guy category as Draymond. I stand by that, but Draymond is twice as good of a basketball player - even with his limited offensive game - than Brooks has ever been.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bugatti said:

More trouble than he is worth. Not a huge market for a 6'6" just above average wing defender that can't shoot the ball.

I put Brooks and his shenanigans in the same bad guy category as Draymond. I stand by that, but Draymond is twice as good of a basketball player - even with his limited offensive game - than Brooks has ever been.

Agreed on them playing that same "role." Draymond is (or was) a much better basketball player and contributed to his teams' success much more than Brooks ever has or could. 

Big game one win from the Lakers. Anthony Davis couldn't be stopped. Steph didn't get it going till late. Draymond got T'd up. Lebron was pretty average and still struggling from deep. D Lo had a good game and Vanderbilt didn't do bad chasing Steph. The Warriors went on a run late to make things electric at the end. 

Also, I hate West Coast start times. 

4 minutes ago, DearToday said:

Big game one win from the Lakers. Anthony Davis couldn't be stopped. Steph didn't get it going till late. Draymond got T'd up. Lebron was pretty average and still struggling from deep. D Lo had a good game and Vanderbilt didn't do bad chasing Steph. The Warriors went on a run late to make things electric at the end. 

Also, I hate West Coast start times. 

It's the worst.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bugatti said:

It's the worst.

I used to struggle with them when I was younger. I simply don't even have a chance now. I hate the Reds on the West Coast, playoff games there, etc. 

Heck, I barely see tip for 9:00 UK games now lol.