Will Newport have any home games in 2023?

dshoe40

1 hour ago, theguru said:

According to the scoreboard the game will be played at Highlands this week.  Saturday at 1pm. 

I wonder if this will be the first time Highlands has opened their doors to allow someone else to use their field for a High School game.  I am glad we are able to accommodate Newport. A nice gesture to bring one of our own Ryan Hahn back home to allow him to use his old battlefield as home field.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I wonder if this will be the first time Highlands has opened their doors to allow someone else to use their field for a High School game.  I am glad we are able to accommodate Newport. A nice gesture to bring one of our own Ryan Hahn back home to allow him to use his old battlefield as home field.

I think Coach Hahn was used to hearing a cannon shot after each touchdown back in his day.  I wonder if that will be part of the deal???

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Newport actually played a home game against Lloyd at Highlands during the Schlarman years before turf was installed at Newport

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Beechwood played NCC at Highlands in the 3rd round of the 2002 playoffs. Beechwood’s field was destroyed after playing Holy Cross in a quagmire in the 2nd round of the playoffs, and moved the game to Highlands since they were the only team up here that had field turf in 2002.

• Thanks 2

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums (i.e. bet, over/under, spread, parlay, chips, line, odds, wager). All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.