Will Newport have any home games in 2023?

dshoe40

1 hour ago, Tupac Shu-Coors Light said:

I think Dayton, Ludlow, and Bellevue will be soon also. Ludlow is getting a new Field and track but no stadium yet. 

I've been to games at Ludlow and Bellevue. Ludlow's stadium looked to be in pretty good condition. It's been a few years since I was at Bellevue but it was showing some age. I've not been to Dayton for a game but just driving by it looks pretty rough. Rumors seem much stronger for a new Dayton stadium near the school; I haven't heard new stadiums mentioned for Ludlow or Bellevue.

3 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I've been to games at Ludlow and Bellevue. Ludlow's stadium looked to be in pretty good condition. It's been a few years since I was at Bellevue but it was showing some age. I've not been to Dayton for a game but just driving by it looks pretty rough. Rumors seem much stronger for a new Dayton stadium near the school; I haven't heard new stadiums mentioned for Ludlow or Bellevue.

Ludlow has done a great job taking care of it, it's structurally sound, but I can imagine the upkeep long term with be more cost efficient to replace. Not sure about Bellevue it's been a while since I've been there but I think just over time the elements will take a toll.

Edited by theguru

• 1 month later...

I was out running some errands this morning and swung by a few stadiums that have had/are getting work done on them this spring and summer. Here's a look at Newport Stadium, minus its 84 year old concrete grandstand. I didn't walk over to take a look, but I think I saw surveyors stakes marking either footings, or utilities for the forthcoming stands, and they were starting excavation for that on what will be the north side of the new stands.

FzFCnAVWAAIdEqy.jpg

FzFCmH2XsAEYMbx.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...