Open Job: Mercer County

19 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

I'm hearing Bardstown Coach Boo Brewer is the leading candidate. 

Sure seems like Boo Brewer's name keeps surfacing in a lot of these vacant job threads, but he is never selected.  I would have to think if Boo wanted to leave Bardstown, he would have been gone along time ago.

1 hour ago, 4 Quarters said:

Sure seems like Boo Brewer's name keeps surfacing in a lot of these vacant job threads, but he is never selected.  I would have to think if Boo wanted to leave Bardstown, he would have been gone along time ago.

Kind of my thinking.  He’s been connected to several higher profile jobs over the years.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

I’m not so sure he’s never been selected. Bardstown has been great to him, and for him. Some pretty credible people told me that turned down Male before Haworth got it. 

4 hours ago, HoopJunkie said:

I’m not so sure he’s never been selected. Bardstown has been great to him, and for him. Some pretty credible people told me that turned down Male before Haworth got it. 

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.  Did he apply for the male job and then decline, or did Male go to him with the offer and he declined?  I'm pretty sure if he wanted to step up it would be no problem.

16 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.  Did he apply for the male job and then decline, or did Male go to him with the offer and he declined?  I'm pretty sure if he wanted to step up it would be no problem.

I don’t know if he applied or not. But generally, a coach of his level doesn’t apply. They have the conversation, and then once the job is offered, they apply so the Ts are crossed. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BasketballFan24 said:

Hearing an announcement may be coming soon and it’s not a name mentioned here. Although any of the ones mentioned here would have been great hires, the one I’m hearing is a very, very qualified coach with an outstanding college resume. 

I'm guessing Happy Osborne.

17 hours ago, BasketballFan24 said:

Hearing an announcement may be coming soon and it’s not a name mentioned here. Although any of the ones mentioned here would have been great hires, the one I’m hearing is a very, very qualified coach with an outstanding college resume. 

If it's the name I'm hearing, it is a current HS coach who has coached at the small college level the last few years in KY.  Moderate results, but a veteran coach...I do not think it's the splash hire they thought they would get though.

25 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

If it's the name I'm hearing, it is a current HS coach who has coached at the small college level the last few years in KY.  Moderate results, but a veteran coach...I do not think it's the splash hire they thought they would get though.

sounds like Keith Adkins if he is a current high school coach. 

• Like 2