Open Job: Mercer County

15 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

Any chance Austin Sparrow wants the job?   

He would be high on the list for a lot of people in Mercer County.  He may want to continue to chase the college route though.  He is a great young coach but a long road to go from Campbellsville Harrodsburg to a good college coaching job.  Would have to be willing to move out of central KY and probably out of state to keep moving up the coaching ranks.  He could come into Mercer with their roster and have success. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Royals and Saints Fan said:

All very nice but gym doesn't look large enough to me for a normal regional.

12th region has two region sites in Lincoln and Pulaski.  Pulaski has the best gym for hosting the 12th region tourney.  Mercer has the 2nd best gym for hosting the 12th region. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Royals and Saints Fan said:

It is large enough.  Without looking at numbers I feel certain it can hold as many people as Lincoln County does and they have plenty of parking as well.  

IMO there is no good reason to not have added Mercer County into the rotation of gyms that host the region tournament.  The excuses about wanting a central location for the tournament is a bogus excuse. 

20 minutes ago, Royals and Saints Fan said:

2nd biggest gym in the region behind Pulaski Co.  I still feel like the best atmosphere for championship night is @ Lincoln Co.  Probably because it's a little tighter.

31 minutes ago, Polar Bearcat said:

Heard Sparrow turned it down.

I have heard he wants to continue to try to move up in the college ranks which I don't blame him for that.  He as good potential as a college coach.   Just a matter of if he wants to stay in this area and coach high school or plan to move all over to chase the college coaching dream. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

2nd biggest gym in the region behind Pulaski Co.  I still feel like the best atmosphere for championship night is @ Lincoln Co.  Probably because it's a little tighter.

I do agree that the best atmosphere is Lincoln.  I don’t think it is debatable to be honest.  

1 hour ago, titan101 said:

12th region has two region sites in Lincoln and Pulaski.  Pulaski has the best gym for hosting the 12th region tourney.  Mercer has the 2nd best gym for hosting the 12th region. 

Doesn't each district get to pick every 4 years?  that's the way it is in the 10th and is why it normally rotates 2 out of 4 years.  Its also why the 10th's northern KY district held it at Holmes last year, which is crazy in my book.