Open Job: Mercer County

14 minutes ago, Royals and Saints Fan said:

Doesn't each district get to pick every 4 years?  that's the way it is in the 10th and is why it normally rotates 2 out of 4 years.  Its also why the 10th's northern KY district held it at Holmes last year, which is crazy in my book.

Nope.  In the 12th it has been agreed to that Pulaski and Lincoln Counties will host region because they are conveniently located in the central area of the region making travel pretty much the same for most schools.  

I still say add Mercer County to the rotation along with McCreary Central.   Let those 4 schools rotate the region tournaments.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

Nope.  In the 12th it has been agreed to that Pulaski and Lincoln Counties will host region because they are conveniently located in the central area of the region making travel pretty much the same for most schools.  

I still say add Mercer County to the rotation along with McCreary Central.   Let those 4 schools rotate the region tournaments.  

Can you get to McCreary County from Nicholasville? 😀

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

I’ve heard that name also.  😎

Wow if that is legit then he is for sure the number one choice.  I think Cook is one of the best coaches in the state and he was beloved during his time at Mercer.  I can't see him leaving GRC but he would be welcomed back for sure. 

7 minutes ago, okie1 said:

Can you get to McCreary County from Nicholasville? 😀

Straight down the road, although the fan support from both West and East for games in the region has been pretty minimal over the years. I'll also add, because the Jessamine schools don't get out of class until almost 4pm, the region has bent over backwards to adjust first round game times in the region tournaments so those two schools can get there without being rushed, then quite often they bring almost no student section or fan base.

35 minutes ago, Royals and Saints Fan said:

Doesn't each district get to pick every 4 years?  that's the way it is in the 10th and is why it normally rotates 2 out of 4 years.  Its also why the 10th's northern KY district held it at Holmes last year, which is crazy in my book.

Each region has their own selection policies adopted by the schools. I'm guessing there are some minimal requirements from the KHSAA but it falls on the region. Eight of the sixteen regions use college gyms exclusively, while the 13th Region uses the Corbin Arena (home to no team but owned by the city). Region site selections are very different depending on locations.

Just now, gchs_uk9 said:

Each region has their own selection policies adopted by the schools. I'm guessing there are some minimal requirements from the KHSAA but it falls on the region. Eight of the sixteen regions use college gyms exclusively, while the 13th Region uses the Corbin Arena (home to no team but own by the city). Region site selections are very different depending on locations.

12th region schools need to petition Centre College to build a 5k seat arena!

8 minutes ago, titan101 said:

Wow if that is legit then he is for sure the number one choice.  I think Cook is one of the best coaches in the state and he was beloved during his time at Mercer.  I can't see him leaving GRC but he would be welcomed back for sure. 

If all of the rumors have legs then Mercer County is in an outstanding position for their next coach.  Kasey McRay would be a great choice IMO and he’s like #5 on the short list of names we have so far.  

Great time to be a Titan fan! 

1 hour ago, PurplePride92 said:

If all of the rumors have legs then Mercer County is in an outstanding position for their next coach.  Kasey McRay would be a great choice IMO and he’s like #5 on the short list of names we have so far.  

Great time to be a Titan fan! 

Not sure what rumors you’re referencing but I think it will generate a lot of good interest. As noted, great facilities and some nice talent as they return everyone next year. And it looks good for the next several years. And as far as basketball, I think they have one of the more passionate fan bases in the 12th. That’s worth a lot for a coach. 

7 minutes ago, QueenoftheSouth said:

Not sure what rumors you’re referencing but I think it will generate a lot of good interest. As noted, great facilities and some nice talent as they return everyone next year. And it looks good for the next several years. And as far as basketball, I think they have one of the more passionate fan bases in the 12th. That’s worth a lot for a coach. 

The rumors throughout this thread is what I am referencing.  

Names associated with this job:

Kasey McCray

Steve Adams 

Josh Cook

Austin Sparrow 

Elisha Justice 

This job hasn’t been open a week and already we have these high quality coaches mentioned as possible candidates.   

If the rumors of these fellas has legs then Mercer County is in an outstanding position to choose their next coach.  

And as you said it will generate good interest and good competition to land this job.