St. Pat 49 Bracken Co. 41

Took a little trip to see this game. It turned out to be a turnover fest . I looked at my BGP buddy Bigg Daddy all he said was "Unforced Turnovers".

But it was a good game. Alot of missed easy shots. But the Lady Bears are young and have a bright future. With five min. to go in the game down by 12 Bracken Coach puts 5 freshmen on the floor. Most of them I would have to say whould not have been top reserves normally. They put on a show. They went out and cut the lead to 5 at one point. In the end they were forced to keep fouling and St Pat hits most of their freethrows to seal the deal. Oh when Bracken made the switch St. Pat kept their starters in, good thing they did.

Of the players there were a few younger Lady Bears that stood out me

#00 Haight, good rebounder and will drop in points, Freshman

#10 Burden, fast, good defender, just a ball of fire

#12 Crawford, much like Burden

#50 Rogers, just a hard nose worker, can rebound and block you out of the gym.( did not see the scoring tonight but can put them up)

By the time this group are JRs and Srs more people will know about them

St. Pat also has a great young team with alot of talent to come. Best of luck to both teams.

The Bracken Co. Lady Bear struggle continues... Once again not a real good effort from the Varsity. Coach Schultz tired of watching the laziness, subbed in 5 Freshman who cut the lead from 12 to 5 and had other opportunities to cut it even closer... A good performance from the younger group, but if the older players dont step up and perform it will be another long miserable season for the Lady Bears.

A lot of unfinished opportunities and turnovers led once again to the demise of the Lady Bears. Coach Ormes and the Saints played well enough to win tonight. The Lady Saints pressure defense was excellent tonight and proved too much for the Bears to handle.

Both teams play in the Class A next week. It will not be easy for either team as St. Pat has Deming and Bracken travels to Nicholas Co.

Bracken County needs to work out the kinks and attitude problems before they play in the Class A on Wednesday. With another subpar effort from the older girls and the Lady Bears will be one and done in the Class A.

The Lady Bears are definately a talented well-coached team, but they are not playing up to potential... Hopefully something changes!

The Bracken Co. Lady Bear struggle continues... Once again not a real good effort from the Varsity. Coach Schultz tired of watching the laziness, subbed in 5 Freshman who cut the lead from 12 to 5 and had other opportunities to cut it even closer... A good performance from the younger group, but if the older players dont step up and perform it will be another long miserable season for the Lady Bears.

A lot of unfinished opportunities and turnovers led once again to the demise of the Lady Bears. Coach Ormes and the Saints played well enough to win tonight. The Lady Saints pressure defense was excellent tonight and proved too much for the Bears to handle.

Both teams play in the Class A next week. It will not be easy for either team as St. Pat has Deming and Bracken travels to Nicholas Co.

Glad to see the coaching staff send a message to the Bracken starters tonight with subbing in 5 freshmen with a little over 5 minutes to go in the ballgame. Those freshmen showed a lot of heart, and really grew up together some tonight and if I were the starters, I think I would hopefully take the hint that if your not going to get it done, then a bright future is waiting in the wings and really those freshmen were scrappy. Would have been interesting to see the outcome if they had another couple of minutes. Give credit to St. Patrick for knocking down their free throws and without Rutherford on the floor in the end, Bracken wins this one. Another observation tonight that was clearly evident, both teams JV players were the better ones on the floor, no question. Both programs have a bright future ahead. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Thanks Pressrow for the encouraging words... Its really hard when you go from 6-3 to 6-9... Definately struggling, but I do agree with you about the younger players... We do have a bright future, but its hard getting through the present..

Hopefully the message was received becasue it was sent!

Congrats to the Lady Saints!We get another shot at them Feb. 2 at our house so we'll see if we do any better then.The Freshman girls are a very talented group and our Sophmore class is also a very capable group.With just 1 Senior and 2 Juniors on the team we just seem to lack that player who can take the team and carry it (or lead it)when needed.We'll still win some games this year and should be much better in the future.Anyone have access to the box score for this game?:confused:

The stats I have for the game I was not too sure about. I am not sure I have the names right. I think I do. If not I am sorry. I might have Meyer and Crawford mixed up. Hard to tell when some don't wear same numbers on JV and Varsity

Jefferson 9, C. Ahrens 6, Crawford 5, Burden 5, Haight 4, McDowell 4,

Figgins 3, Ware 3, Riggs 2

St.Pat 13 11 13 12

Bracken 7 13 7 14

Ahrens also a fine young lady I counted 6-7 blocks and about the same in rebounds. Also just a Soph. I thought she was a Junior. Just how tall is she. I was told 6'1"

Also JV game was won by St.Pat 46 - 31

Haight led Lady Bears with 7, Burden 6, Meyer 5, Ware 4, Crawford 4, Rogers 2, C Ahrens 2, Workman 1

Rogers 7-8 rbs, Haight 5-6 rbs, C. Ahrens 6-7 Rbs 3-4 blocks.

Thank you so much for the stats and I believe they are pretty dang close.The only name I'm having trouble figuring out is Workman..I don't believe there is a Workman on either BC team.Could have been a Roberts,Mains,or even a second Ahrens (8th grade) and I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the players that were not mentioned.

As far as C.Ahrens she is every bit of 6'2" court height (shoes on) and a newer player to the game (2nd year).

Thanks again for the stats and I hope I'm not incorrect about a player named Workman but I'm reasonably sure I'm correct.

Thank you so much for the stats and I believe they are pretty dang close.The only name I'm having trouble figuring out is Workman..I don't believe there is a Workman on either BC team.Could have been a Roberts,Mains,or even a second Ahrens (8th grade) and I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the players that were not mentioned.

As far as C.Ahrens she is every bit of 6'2" court height (shoes on) and a newer player to the game (2nd year).

Thanks again for the stats and I hope I'm not incorrect about a player named Workman but I'm reasonably sure I'm correct.

Sorry, But I am not sure now. Wears # 22 on the JV team

I was hesitant in writing that. I like to be sure I give credit were credit is due. Just like my rebounding stats. Could be a little low, I will give a couple just so I know I not cheating anyone.

I would have to agree with the general consesus. A boat load of missed opprotunities and plenty of unforced turnovers. Way too many bad decisions on passes that are just not there. I don't know if it's laziness, attitude, or what but there is just not much of playing as a unit. I know these girls have been questioned as far as their heart, I think that goes a little far. It takes a lot of heart to show up in that gym everyday, as well as a lot of sacrafice. The jv/freshmen players that came in with 5 min. to go did a heck of job. And were sure a pleasure to watch. The standout to me was J.Crawford. Really look forward to seeing this young lady grow on the ball floor. I do think you have to temper the enthusiasm with the frosh a little because you can play the game different at that point. Fouls really don't mean anything at that point and you can play with wild abandon. That said, They sure were something to watch! As for the error on Mains name that wasn't Pride's fault. He got bad info from Big Daddy ( BRAIN CRAMP). My apologies to Felicia and A-Town Pride. Congrats to the Lady Saints and Good Luck to both teams the rest of the season.