Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 63 Tennessee 56

Featured Replies

  • Author

What I was talking about in the other thread does Cal have the guts to just play Wheeler 10-12 minutes a game, AT THE MOST!!

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • MJAlltheWay24
    MJAlltheWay24

    Watched the game with my dad today and unfortunately it was my dad's last one as he passed tonight. Dad was 86 and bled blue just as much as anyone I know. Taught me to love the Cats. Glad he got to w

  • Sorry, late to this thread. Was getting my “#9 is so Divine” tattoo. 

  • One of the rare times I’ve watched a UK hoops game (we had company). Not pretty, but I thought high intensity throughout for the Cats.  Tennessee needs to put a lot more work into the layup line.   

Not a beautiful game but a HUGE road win for Kentucky.  The kind we all thought they were capable of back in October.

 

With that said. Kentucky did not get any favors from the guys in stripes today. 

I was certainly wrong in the prediction thread. UT is the #1 defense in the country and it showed today. It also showed UK doesn’t need to score 80 points a game to win. Kentucky was just as physical as UT and hit the shots when needed. The glowing disparity in FT attempts, not to mention FTs made is what helped with the win. I’m still not happy about the 18 turnovers, and UT did miss 6 wide open layups but you take advantage of the other teams misfortunes and convert. That’s what the Cats did.

Big stat is UK was +20 on the boards against the #2 rebounding team in the country. And it was a team effort, not as if Oscar went for 25 (he had 13, on average). Cal at halftime was giddy as he knew he had UT in a type of game they didn’t want to be in.

41 minutes ago, theguru said:

That was refreshing.

And why does the UT band play Rocky Top after a loss at the end of the game?

UT plays Rocky Top if anything happens.  Win, lose, two yard gain in football, a natural disaster, etc.

Have said all season CJ is the key component, when he makes shots, UK can win vs good teams.

11 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Have said all season CJ is the key component, when he makes shots, UK can win vs good teams.

The ONLY positive from the South Carolina game is that something seemed to click mentally for CJ and he gained some confidence. His presence is needed alone for spacing. If he makes a shot or two, even better.

22 minutes ago, bugatti said:

The ONLY positive from the South Carolina game is that something seemed to click mentally for CJ and he gained some confidence. His presence is needed alone for spacing. If he makes a shot or two, even better.

Gaining confidence now, few shots going in the hole, his release today was excellent, when he makes shots, Cats can be dangerous.

One of the rare times I’ve watched a UK hoops game (we had company). Not pretty, but I thought high intensity throughout for the Cats.  Tennessee needs to put a lot more work into the layup line. 
 

It was especially nice seeing longtime family friends the Loftons on the screen at halftime.  Chris is a class act and he takes it honest. 

3 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

What I was talking about in the other thread does Cal have the guts to just play Wheeler 10-12 minutes a game, AT THE MOST!!

I disagree with saying at the most, it just depends on if Wheeler learned some from watching today.  Wheeler definitely has a place on this team and can help as a spark plug off the bench. With that said, he definitely should not be in at the end of games. He should have a short leash though, if he starts trying to dribble the air out of the ball take him out. If he can play within the offense and try not to do to much then I would say 15 to 20 minutes at most. 
 

I still would like to see Cal go small at times when Toppin is not in and have Livingston slide to the 4. This would allow more scorers on the floor consistently, plus honestly I think Theiro has earned himself a role and using Livingston at the 4 gives him a role still even when Wheeler is back. 

Watched the game with my dad today and unfortunately it was my dad's last one as he passed tonight. Dad was 86 and bled blue just as much as anyone I know. Taught me to love the Cats. Glad he got to watch them beat Tennessee one last time. He slept through most of the game but he was very pleased with a big W when it ended.

I will miss you dad. And will always cheer for those boys in blue for you.

13 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Watched the game with my dad today and unfortunately it was my dad's last one as he passed tonight. Dad was 86 and bled blue just as much as anyone I know. Taught me to love the Cats. Glad he got to watch them beat Tennessee one last time. He slept through most of the game but he was very pleased with a big W when it ended.

I will miss you dad. And will always cheer for those boys in blue for you.

Oh, man. So sorry for you loss, MJ. Glad you got to have this final memory with your father. 

13 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Watched the game with my dad today and unfortunately it was my dad's last one as he passed tonight. Dad was 86 and bled blue just as much as anyone I know. Taught me to love the Cats. Glad he got to watch them beat Tennessee one last time. He slept through most of the game but he was very pleased with a big W when it ended.

I will miss you dad. And will always cheer for those boys in blue for you.

Condolences. Prayers to you and your family. Glad UK got this win today for a great final memory of your last time with your father.

14 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Watched the game with my dad today and unfortunately it was my dad's last one as he passed tonight. Dad was 86 and bled blue just as much as anyone I know. Taught me to love the Cats. Glad he got to watch them beat Tennessee one last time. He slept through most of the game but he was very pleased with a big W when it ended.

I will miss you dad. And will always cheer for those boys in blue for you.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you got some last memories with your Dad that will last forever. 

Prayers said for you and your family. 

23 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Watched the game with my dad today and unfortunately it was my dad's last one as he passed tonight. Dad was 86 and bled blue just as much as anyone I know. Taught me to love the Cats. Glad he got to watch them beat Tennessee one last time. He slept through most of the game but he was very pleased with a big W when it ended.

I will miss you dad. And will always cheer for those boys in blue for you.

Condolences from ol’ pops and from all of BGP nation.  Keep those precious memories close. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.