Breathitt Co.

So far this year I've seen Hazard, Lee, Owsley, Garrard, Gallatin, Magoffin, Knott, Wolfe, Riverside, and Jackson City. In my humble opinion Breathitt is the best I've seen. They have talent, height, speed, depth and coaching. They should win their district and, with a bit of luck, advance far into the regionals.

Obviously a lot could happen, they will need to continue to improve. I'm sure the other teams in their district and region will get better. If Breathitt doesn't keep pace with the other teams then there are several of them who have a chance to knock Breathitt out of the playoffs.

December. Breathitt is too young and inexperienced to peak to the level they need to be in March. I think they'll fold during tourney time, but will be tough to beat next year. We'll see just how good they are in a couple weeks when they play JBS. That will be my determining factor on this situation.

Smith is as good as anyone inside. Passes the ball well. Hays is an outstanding rebounder. Noble has trouble with pressure but is an outstanding athlete. Hollan shoots too many threes, but is capable of making it from anywhere.

Coach Banks is the coach of the year for the first part of the year.

good luck to the Bobcats.

So far this year I've seen Hazard, Lee, Owsley, Garrard, Gallatin, Magoffin, Knott, Wolfe, Riverside, and Jackson City. In my humble opinion Breathitt is the best I've seen. They have talent, height, speed, depth and coaching. They should win their district and, with a bit of luck, advance far into the regionals.

Obviously a lot could happen, they will need to continue to improve. I'm sure the other teams in their district and region will get better. If Breathitt doesn't keep pace with the other teams then there are several of them who have a chance to knock Breathitt out of the playoffs.

I saw them beat Garrard County and while they didn't handle Garrard, they won rather convincingly and were an impressive team. I think Breathitt County can win the 14th Region, mostly because I don't see a dominant team in that region (sorry JBS and your legion of fans).

Everyone talks about Breathitt playing a soft sch. well i'm here to tell you that all teams do play some of the weaker teams. Breathitt is playing all the teams in the region with the exception of PCC and Leslie Co. and i do know that Leslie call and cancel their games with Breathitt their self. Look at S. Valley they are rated at the #2 team in the mountain's and Hazard beat them i think by 6. Breathitt has played Hazard twice this season with a 1-1 record against them after losing to them 2 times last year by 38 and 35 with about the same teams, so i think this is a big change in this team. Coach Bank's has the players beleiveing in his system and that is hard work and being in shape, from what i've seen is Breathitt is going as strong at the end of the game as they are at the start. And the Hayes kid didn't get to play at all last year and look what he is doing this year, i think by talking to his parent's that he is avg. close to a double-double this year that is points and rebounds. JMO.