White Christmas?

nWo

(CNN) — Key US airlines have issued travel waivers ahead of what's forecast to be a brutal "bomb cyclone" of wintry weather in the Midwest and other regions later this week.

The important aviation hub of Chicago is forecast to be one of the cities hit the hardest, with the National Weather Service warning of the potential for a blizzard.

By Tuesday morning, United Airlines, headquartered in Chicago, was offering four separate winter weather waivers: One in the Midwest, one for Texas, one for the East Coast and another for Central and Northwest US.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/winter-storm-us-airline-waivers/index.html

7 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Current forecasted low for Thursday in Independence, is -3.  🥶

The last forecast I saw for NKY said it's supposed to be a high of 46° and a low of -2° on Thursday.....a 48° swing in temperature in one day.

I looked it up: The largest documented 24-hour temperature change in state history was between midnight on Jan 23, 1963 and midnight Jan 24, 1963, when Lexington's temperature dropped from 44°F to -20°F. That's a 64° swing in temperature in 24 hours. Insanity.

6 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

nWo.  I get that this will generally move from east to west.  But how late on Thursday do we expect the Temps to start dropping?

All Times will be Eastern Standard Time:

From Missouri/Kentucky border to a line from Owensboro to Hopkinsville 5-8 pm

From the Owensboro/Hopkinsville to about I-75 8-11 pm.

From around I-75 to eastern Kentucky 11 pm to 2 am.

With forecast temps ranging from the mid to upper 40s you could see a drop of almost 50 degrees quickly after the front passes your area.

• Thanks 1