Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bobby Petrino...Atlanta Falcons...

Featured Replies

Congrats to Petrino for inking the big deal. This day was going to come.

When people say it isn't themoney and it's family and so forth...what it comes down to...is money. A whole lot of it.

 

Jurich's MO is to move quickly and I am sure he will.

 

I think you will see Brohm move on and possibly Bush. I saw a pic of Bush's leg at the Orange Bowl and it didn't look good. I think he would have a tough time convincing NFL teams he is healthy. Maybe he can get a deal like Willis McGahee at Buffalo. We shall see.

 

Look for schools to raid UL's recruits.

 

Best of luck to Petrino and family.

He did one heckuva job.

  • Replies 148
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder what college Petrino will be at in 3 years?

 

Honestly, I thought we'd seen the last of the "college coaches experiment."

LSURock or someone predicted this could happen specifically with ATL. Is there some sort of connection with Blank and Petrino?

But that can't be. Everyone knows more than Doyel. Well......at least until they're wrong...

He is only wrong when he writes about UK.:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the list of candidates are as follows:

 

1. Kragthorpe

2. Jeff Brohm

3. Current Coach at Boise State

 

Jeff Brohm may be the best candidate for the program. He would be here for at least 4 years. Knows UofL football and what it means to the community. Kragthorpe has a limited record as a rebuilder.... Not convienced we need to rebuild....... I like the young coach at Boise. Plenty of enthusiasm and carisma in his coaching decisions....

 

I would scratch Paul Petrino from the list. He is a brother of Bobbie's and he will follow him shortly to Atlanta. Question is, IS PETRINO TAKING JEFF, GREG, BRIAN AND OSCAR with him to ATLANTA????? You laugh, but part of this WILL COME TRUE.......

  • Author
Just to be clear, "Kentuckiana" only includes the part of Kentucky that is around Louisville, right???

It's the whole danged thing...and they currently are the best of all the teams.

  • Author
LSURock or someone predicted this could happen specifically with ATL. Is there some sort of connection with Blank and Petrino?

I wrote that this was the job that particularly scared me....

 

I think because of it being a dome (good weather), a mid major market, as far as national media, and basically the same geograpic region we are in now....not too mention that Mr. Blank, seems to be a conservative in discipline, and such...this one was scary.

It's the whole danged thing...and they currently are the best of all the teams.

 

"Kentuckiana" is a term that means Louisville and Southern Indiana...

UL football "program" had a great year, but is nowhere near the UK basketball "program" by any measurement or stretch of the imagination.

:

Live it up UK fans. Let all of your recruiting fantasies and hopes for a victory live out loud over the next few days, and then it will be over. UofL has the best AD in the country. He has made hire after hire, and will have a new coach by mid-week if he doesn't already. I am not worried about the Louisville program. I would be way more concerned if we were to lose Jurich than to lose Petrino, Pitino, or any one else. Mark my words, Louisville stills win the battle of the Bluegrass next season in convincing fashion, and returns to the BCS and maybe even the national championship. Enjoy the moment!
:sleep:
The person for the job is already on the staff...Jeff Brohm.

 

 

I think Jeff Brohm is a great guy and a good coach BUT he is nowhere near ready to be the head coach of UL.

I wish Coach Petrino and his family the best. I hope his kids do well at whatever schools they end up. I am sure that in the same situation most would make this same choice. I don't see Petrino lasting a real long time in the NFL.

 

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the first team meeting with Petrino & Vick!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Live it up UK fans. Let all of your recruiting fantasies and hopes for a victory live out loud over the next few days, and then it will be over. UofL has the best AD in the country. He has made hire after hire, and will have a new coach by mid-week if he doesn't already. I am not worried about the Louisville program. I would be way more concerned if we were to lose Jurich than to lose Petrino, Pitino, or any one else. Mark my words, Louisville stills win the battle of the Bluegrass next season in convincing fashion, and returns to the BCS and maybe even the national championship. Enjoy the moment!

Louisville just lost their coach and they could very well lose their best 3 offensive weapons and you are predicting them to not only return to the BCS but possibly a national championship? What's the weather like in your world?

 

They maybe make it back to the BCS, with I doubt seeing that Slaton and White are back at WVU, but UofL has not chance at a NT next year. That isn't a slam on UofL but look at what some of the powers have coming back. UofL will be fine but a NT is a very long shot.

 

As for Petrino good for him. And as a UK fan good for UK. Anyone on here that says they would turn down 5 mill a year is lieing to us and themselves.

For those of you talking about the money difference, think about the difference in job security Bobby has at Atlanta compared to UL. I don't think the money was the difference, I think it was the appeal of the job and team itself.
Am I mis-reading this or are you saying the Atlanta job is more secure than UofL???
As a recruit, playing for Bobby P has to be very appealing so some may re-think going there.
Since approximately 75% of Louisville's roster is made up of kids from Georgia and Florida, I wonder if Jim Leavitt is getting giddy?

 

I hate Petrino went to Atlanta. I only had to worry about him once a year. Now it's twice.

Since approximately 75% of Louisville's roster is made up of kids from Georgia and Florida, I wonder if Jim Leavitt is getting giddy?

 

I hate Petrino went to Atlanta. I only had to worry about him once a year. Now it's twice.

Jim Leavitt?

 

I dunno. He has a couple of nice upsets, but some headscratchers, too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.