Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bobby Petrino...Atlanta Falcons...

Featured Replies

I hope they go after Paul Petrino, Jeff can be the next after that.

 

I just hope they give Jeff brohm a good look...I would not go with another Petrino. Jeff is a Louisville guy..who loves this city.

  • Replies 148
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I think Paul is the right man for the job, Jeff isn't ready yet.

So now begs the question; tar and feathering? A gracious thanks for the fun ride? A 'we wish you wouldn't leave, as you were so close to bringing us a national championship'?

 

Mixed feelings are abound.

I have very mixed feelings. I could deal with this a whole lot easier if he hadn't made a very big deal of saying that this was where he and his family wanted to stay AND if he hadn't just taken that huge contract.

Who will Jurich go after to replace Petrino??

 

Well, I know UK has Rich Brooks locked up with his latest extension, but I'd be willing to open the door for talks, if I could ...

 

 

Frances

That's what he does. And you know it... ;)
He provokes, but he's never deliberatly wrong about facts. It was a poor effort.
  • Author

UL does not want to look at Brooks at all, you can bet on that.

UL does not want to look at Brooks at all, you can bet on that.

 

Thanks Captain Obvious :lol: :walk:

UL does not want to look at Brooks at all, you can bet on that.

 

Sorry RockPride - I don't use the emoticons but once in a blue moon. That post was raw sarcasm.

 

As for anyone feeling as if Petrino somehow sold them out, I can only say "Wake up".

 

The man had a chance to better himself, and he took it. You cannot hold that against him, unless you personally would turn your back on such an opportunity. If you would pass on such a chance, you might want to have your ambition level checked.

 

I'm not even a Louisville fan, but I have to say that he did exactly what he was paid to do, he did it extremely well, he's leaving the program in great shape, and he is respected by his peers.

 

Tough crowd.

 

 

Frances

Sorry RockPride - I don't use the emoticons but once in a blue moon. That post was raw sarcasm.

 

As for anyone feeling as if Petrino somehow sold them out, I can only say "Wake up".

 

The man had a chance to better himself, and he took it. You cannot hold that against him, unless you personally would turn your back on such an opportunity. If you would pass on such a chance, you might want to have your ambition level checked.

 

I'm not even a Louisville fan, but I have to say that he did exactly what he was paid to do, he did it extremely well, he's leaving the program in great shape, and he is respected by his peers.

 

Tough crowd.

 

 

Frances

Frances is "right" on.

 

If you begrudge this to Petrino, you're out of your mind. This isn't what John L Smith did, and it doesn't deserve the same backlash. I'm just interested in moving forward and showing the world that Louisville is a PROGRAM on the rise, not just a hot coach.

Man...This one is tough to swallow. I guess we had to kind of see it coming...I figured he'd leave a few leave a few years from now, but it's just so sudden.

 

Kinda have mixed feelings...Don't know whether to be mad, or to wish him well....

  • Author
Frances is "right" on.

 

If you begrudge this to Petrino, you're out of your mind. This isn't what John L Smith did, and it doesn't deserve the same backlash. I'm just interested in moving forward and showing the world that Louisville is a PROGRAM on the rise, not just a hot coach.

Exactly.....I hope U of L has another NFL coach ready to take over this program.

NFL network is reporting that he met with the Louisville players Sunday night.

  • Author

....at 9:00 pm tonight....

NFL network is reporting that he met with the Louisville players Sunday night.
They had a meeting scheduled to start at 9.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.