Bobby Petrino...Atlanta Falcons...

RockPride

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now begs the question; tar and feathering? A gracious thanks for the fun ride? A 'we wish you wouldn't leave, as you were so close to bringing us a national championship'?

Mixed feelings are abound.

I have very mixed feelings. I could deal with this a whole lot easier if he hadn't made a very big deal of saying that this was where he and his family wanted to stay AND if he hadn't just taken that huge contract.

UL does not want to look at Brooks at all, you can bet on that.

Sorry RockPride - I don't use the emoticons but once in a blue moon. That post was raw sarcasm.

As for anyone feeling as if Petrino somehow sold them out, I can only say "Wake up".

The man had a chance to better himself, and he took it. You cannot hold that against him, unless you personally would turn your back on such an opportunity. If you would pass on such a chance, you might want to have your ambition level checked.

I'm not even a Louisville fan, but I have to say that he did exactly what he was paid to do, he did it extremely well, he's leaving the program in great shape, and he is respected by his peers.

Tough crowd.

Frances

Sorry RockPride - I don't use the emoticons but once in a blue moon. That post was raw sarcasm.

As for anyone feeling as if Petrino somehow sold them out, I can only say "Wake up".

The man had a chance to better himself, and he took it. You cannot hold that against him, unless you personally would turn your back on such an opportunity. If you would pass on such a chance, you might want to have your ambition level checked.

I'm not even a Louisville fan, but I have to say that he did exactly what he was paid to do, he did it extremely well, he's leaving the program in great shape, and he is respected by his peers.

Tough crowd.

Frances

Frances is "right" on.

If you begrudge this to Petrino, you're out of your mind. This isn't what John L Smith did, and it doesn't deserve the same backlash. I'm just interested in moving forward and showing the world that Louisville is a PROGRAM on the rise, not just a hot coach.

Man...This one is tough to swallow. I guess we had to kind of see it coming...I figured he'd leave a few leave a few years from now, but it's just so sudden.

Kinda have mixed feelings...Don't know whether to be mad, or to wish him well....

Frances is "right" on.

If you begrudge this to Petrino, you're out of your mind. This isn't what John L Smith did, and it doesn't deserve the same backlash. I'm just interested in moving forward and showing the world that Louisville is a PROGRAM on the rise, not just a hot coach.

Exactly.....I hope U of L has another NFL coach ready to take over this program.