Bobby Petrino...Atlanta Falcons...

RockPride

LSU...as a dad of four boys I'll pass on something I've used a lot with the Little Larrys. "its only a lie when you know before you speak that it is a lie...Being wrong doesn't make you a liar". Feel free to use it. Can't wait to hear those guys on the radio (guys called Saban, Lou) who bashed Bama and Coach Saban.

Also I find it interesting that ESPN hasn't said one thing negative about Coach Petrino leaving the kids at Louisville, but leaving the Older guys at Maimi they couldn't stay off it. We think its an ESPN /Bama thing.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Louisville fan I am disapointed Petrino left before winning a national title. I truly think he was on his way to getting one with in a couple of years. I understand why he left and thank him for his work here. It's a shame he has been trying to leave since he got here so I guess he is finally happy. Good Luck.

As for Tom Jurich i think he is one of thebest AD's out there. I would only be worried for UL Atheletics if Jurich ever leaves. He is very aggressive. I love it. He will get a replace with in days.

I like the following folks

1. Bosie St. Coach

2. Tulsa Coach

3. Mike Cassity

Jeff Brohm is not ready to take over a major program.

Also I find it interesting that ESPN hasn't said one thing negative about Coach Petrino leaving the kids at Louisville, but leaving the Older guys at Maimi they couldn't stay off it. We think its an ESPN /Bama thing.

Upgrading to the NFL is one thing...Tucking tail, when you haven't done well, and had addressed that you would not be taking that job is another.

There is no way to avoid these things becoming messy where kids play for the coach and not the school. If the coach comes clean with the recruits, then the school loses a lot of recruits, thus leaving the cupbord barer for the new coach. Would the coach be a good employee if he did this? He owes a duty to his employer to use his best efforts in fulfilling his job duties. (Do his job duties require him to be dishonest though?) On the other hand, by not making full disclosure the coach is not being fair to the kids he is trying to recruit. (I do not know what Petrino may have told the kids.) It is just one of many unsavory aspects of big time college sports. If a kid truly played for the school,there would be not be this problem.

Doesn't Scott Linehan (ex-UL assistant) coach the Vikings? If so, does this make UL the" cradle of (NFL) coaches"?

Petrino....Saban.... you can't fault these guys for doing what is in their heart. They are both great coaches and you have to know what you are getting into when you hire them or you are blind and deserve to be blind sided. I hope they both do well. I'd deal Vick for Moss and the #1 pick, keep Schaub, trade the #1 pick for a couple of spots down, take Calvin Johnson. I'd take Bush with my next pick and be on my way on offense:)

RocKPride.. "Tucking your tail". You are showing how much you really know. If every person changed their mind with a family decision and they wasn't happy, and you call it what you did, then I feel sorry for you. Pete Carroll, Steve Spurrier, Lou Holtz, John L., Ricky P, come man be fair I respect you and still do but don't show me how much you don't understand by name calling my coach. I will not read any of your posts for two weeks. "Alabama Loser" Scott Fitzgerald new name for me, because I defended my coach.

RocKPride.. "Tucking your tail". You are showing how much you really know. If every person changed their mind with a family decision and they wasn't happy, and you call it what you did, then I feel sorry for you. Pete Carroll, Steve Spurrier, Lou Holtz, John L., Ricky P, come man be fair I respect you and still do but don't show me how much you don't understand by name calling my coach. I will not read any of your posts for two weeks. "Alabama Loser" Scott Fitzgerald new name for me, because I defended my coach.

I am not the only one with those sentiments towards Saban, he showed much cowardess in how he handled himself, no more, no less.

Also no dog in the fight, but didn't Saban say himself that part of the reason he left the Dolphins was that the team was more messed up than he realized when he took the job?

Ram.. not sure about that. I know he lost an All-Pro running back right off the bat and they haven't had a really good QB for a while. His main problem was RB/QB and that would be hard for any coach. You can have a "dog" in this fight just show some class and do not name call my Coach for doing what other Coaches do. I know Ricky P gets hit on his moving around and it died down and so will the Saban issue.

Also no dog in the fight, but didn't Saban say himself that part of the reason he left the Dolphins was that the team was more messed up than he realized when he took the job?

All that shows is that he made a mistake of evaluating the Dolphin personel when he took the job. He realized his mistake and realized he was happier coaching at the college level. No more, no less.