January 8, 200719 yr LSU...as a dad of four boys I'll pass on something I've used a lot with the Little Larrys. "its only a lie when you know before you speak that it is a lie...Being wrong doesn't make you a liar". Feel free to use it. Can't wait to hear those guys on the radio (guys called Saban, Lou) who bashed Bama and Coach Saban. Also I find it interesting that ESPN hasn't said one thing negative about Coach Petrino leaving the kids at Louisville, but leaving the Older guys at Maimi they couldn't stay off it. We think its an ESPN /Bama thing.
January 8, 200719 yr As a Louisville fan I am disapointed Petrino left before winning a national title. I truly think he was on his way to getting one with in a couple of years. I understand why he left and thank him for his work here. It's a shame he has been trying to leave since he got here so I guess he is finally happy. Good Luck. As for Tom Jurich i think he is one of thebest AD's out there. I would only be worried for UL Atheletics if Jurich ever leaves. He is very aggressive. I love it. He will get a replace with in days. I like the following folks 1. Bosie St. Coach 2. Tulsa Coach 3. Mike Cassity Jeff Brohm is not ready to take over a major program.
January 8, 200719 yr Author Also I find it interesting that ESPN hasn't said one thing negative about Coach Petrino leaving the kids at Louisville, but leaving the Older guys at Maimi they couldn't stay off it. We think its an ESPN /Bama thing. Upgrading to the NFL is one thing...Tucking tail, when you haven't done well, and had addressed that you would not be taking that job is another.
January 8, 200719 yr There is no way to avoid these things becoming messy where kids play for the coach and not the school. If the coach comes clean with the recruits, then the school loses a lot of recruits, thus leaving the cupbord barer for the new coach. Would the coach be a good employee if he did this? He owes a duty to his employer to use his best efforts in fulfilling his job duties. (Do his job duties require him to be dishonest though?) On the other hand, by not making full disclosure the coach is not being fair to the kids he is trying to recruit. (I do not know what Petrino may have told the kids.) It is just one of many unsavory aspects of big time college sports. If a kid truly played for the school,there would be not be this problem. Doesn't Scott Linehan (ex-UL assistant) coach the Vikings? If so, does this make UL the" cradle of (NFL) coaches"?
January 8, 200719 yr Petrino....Saban.... you can't fault these guys for doing what is in their heart. They are both great coaches and you have to know what you are getting into when you hire them or you are blind and deserve to be blind sided. I hope they both do well. I'd deal Vick for Moss and the #1 pick, keep Schaub, trade the #1 pick for a couple of spots down, take Calvin Johnson. I'd take Bush with my next pick and be on my way on offense:)
January 9, 200719 yr RocKPride.. "Tucking your tail". You are showing how much you really know. If every person changed their mind with a family decision and they wasn't happy, and you call it what you did, then I feel sorry for you. Pete Carroll, Steve Spurrier, Lou Holtz, John L., Ricky P, come man be fair I respect you and still do but don't show me how much you don't understand by name calling my coach. I will not read any of your posts for two weeks. "Alabama Loser" Scott Fitzgerald new name for me, because I defended my coach.
January 9, 200719 yr I read today that ATL didn't even contact Jurich until Sunday morning to ask for permission. By dinnertime, they were negotiating contracts. No wonder we didn't hear anything about it.
January 9, 200719 yr Author RocKPride.. "Tucking your tail". You are showing how much you really know. If every person changed their mind with a family decision and they wasn't happy, and you call it what you did, then I feel sorry for you. Pete Carroll, Steve Spurrier, Lou Holtz, John L., Ricky P, come man be fair I respect you and still do but don't show me how much you don't understand by name calling my coach. I will not read any of your posts for two weeks. "Alabama Loser" Scott Fitzgerald new name for me, because I defended my coach. I am not the only one with those sentiments towards Saban, he showed much cowardess in how he handled himself, no more, no less.
January 10, 200719 yr RockPride...again another name calling. Time to stop my man. If you don't have a dog in the fight, then just walk away. Move on. At least my coach didn't have four agents in the last four years.
January 10, 200719 yr RocKPride.. "Tucking your tail". You are showing how much you really know. If every person changed their mind with a family decision and they wasn't happy, and you call it what you did, then I feel sorry for you. Pete Carroll, Steve Spurrier, Lou Holtz, John L., Ricky P, come man be fair I respect you and still do but don't show me how much you don't understand by name calling my coach. I will not read any of your posts for two weeks. "Alabama Loser" Scott Fitzgerald new name for me, because I defended my coach.Also no dog in the fight, but didn't Saban say himself that part of the reason he left the Dolphins was that the team was more messed up than he realized when he took the job?
January 10, 200719 yr Ram.. not sure about that. I know he lost an All-Pro running back right off the bat and they haven't had a really good QB for a while. His main problem was RB/QB and that would be hard for any coach. You can have a "dog" in this fight just show some class and do not name call my Coach for doing what other Coaches do. I know Ricky P gets hit on his moving around and it died down and so will the Saban issue.
January 10, 200719 yr Also no dog in the fight, but didn't Saban say himself that part of the reason he left the Dolphins was that the team was more messed up than he realized when he took the job? All that shows is that he made a mistake of evaluating the Dolphin personel when he took the job. He realized his mistake and realized he was happier coaching at the college level. No more, no less.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.