Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bobby Petrino...Atlanta Falcons...

Featured Replies

In Jurich we trust. ;)

  • Replies 148
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Live it up UK fans. Let all of your recruiting fantasies and hopes for a victory live out loud over the next few days, and then it will be over. UofL has the best AD in the country. He has made hire after hire, and will have a new coach by mid-week if he doesn't already. I am not worried about the Louisville program. I would be way more concerned if we were to lose Jurich than to lose Petrino, Pitino, or any one else. Mark my words, Louisville stills win the battle of the Bluegrass next season in convincing fashion, and returns to the BCS and maybe even the national championship. Enjoy the moment!

In Jurich we trust. ;)

 

:lol: :lol: :thumb:

 

We should get t-shirts made.

UL does not want to look at Brooks at all, you can bet on that.

Is that the same bet that some of the UofL faithful made that Bobby isn't going anywhere?

I'm hearing Kraigthorpe as soon as tomorrow...

UL does not want to look at Brooks at all, you can bet on that.

 

No, they want to look at a guy who just lost the Armed Forces Bowl, a much lesser bowl than Brooks and UK won...:sssh:

No, they want to look at a guy who just lost the Armed Forces Bowl, a much lesser bowl than Brooks and UK won...:sssh:

 

Funny how UK fans were ready to run Brooks out of Lexington on a rail after they opened the season 3-4. He is now apparently the second coming of Vince Lombardi.

Live it up UK fans. Let all of your recruiting fantasies and hopes for a victory live out loud over the next few days, and then it will be over. UofL has the best AD in the country. He has made hire after hire, and will have a new coach by mid-week if he doesn't already. I am not worried about the Louisville program. I would be way more concerned if we were to lose Jurich than to lose Petrino, Pitino, or any one else. Mark my words, Louisville stills win the battle of the Bluegrass next season in convincing fashion, and returns to the BCS and maybe even the national championship. Enjoy the moment!

Thank you!! Now that we have your permission we can fire up the grill and announce that the crow will be served at 11am tomorrow for all those that stated Bobby was not going anywhere.:lol:

It was a great move for Petrino. With the new job he has taken care of his family finances for generations to come. Most coaches would have jumped at the opportunity to do the same. You can't place any blame on him or bash him for the move. It is part of the business and can happen to any program.

With Petrino leaving, I think all Brohm & Bush questions have been answered.

Funny how UK fans were ready to run Brooks out of Lexington on a rail after they opened the season 3-4. He is now apparently the second coming of Vince Lombardi.

 

That's a pretty bold set of generalizations you've made there.

Thank you!! Now that we have your permission we can fire up the grill and announce that the crow will be served at 11am tomorrow for all those that stated Bobby was not going anywhere.:lol:

It was a great move for Petrino. With the new job he has taken care of his family finances for generations to come. Most coaches would have jumped at the opportunity to do the same. You can't place any blame on him or bash him for the move. It is part of the business and can happen to any program.

With Petrino leaving, I think all Brohm & Bush questions have been answered.

 

I never stated anything. I actually thought Petrino wouldn't evn come back to Louisville from the Orange Bowl. I thought the Dolphins would hire him by haftime of that game.

 

As for Brohm & Bush, I don't think this answers anything. Bush's decision has less to do with what he wants to do, and more to do with what he needs to do. He is not 100% yet, and most doubt he will be by the time the NFL combines roll around.

 

Brohm seems to beat to his own drum also. The first family of Louisville may just shock you on this one.

That's a pretty bold set of generalizations you've made there.

 

Bold, yet incorrect.

I never stated anything. I actually thought Petrino wouldn't evn come back to Louisville from the Orange Bowl. I thought the Dolphins would hire him by haftime of that game.

 

As for Brohm & Bush, I don't think this answers anything. Bush's decision has less to do with what he wants to do, and more to do with what he needs to do. He is not 100% yet, and most doubt he will be by the time the NFL combines roll around.

 

Brohm seems to beat to his own drum also. The first family of Louisville may just shock you on this one.

Don't get to excited. The you I refered to in the post was not directed at you in general. It was meant for anyone. Maybe I should have worded it differently.There were others however, that stated he was etched in stone. I agree with you on the Bush situation but feel that BB is off to the big show and if he doesn't I assure you I won't be shocked.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/ATL/9914416

NFL.com - Atlanta Falcons Team News

 

Petrino's previous NFL experience includes three years with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including two seasons as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator in 2001. He then moved back to the college ranks, taking over as Auburn's offensive coordinator in 2002 before heading to Louisville.

 

Petrino's name repeatedly came up for other coaching vacancies, including an embarrassing episode in which Auburn set up a clandestine interview while Tommy Tuberville was still the Tigers' coach.

 

The Falcons spent the past several days interviewing NFL assistants, including Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, Chicago Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera, San Diego Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and San Francisco 49ers assistant head coach Mike Singletary.

 

But owner Arthur Blank, who was aided in the search by general manager Rich McKay, decided to go with an established head coach instead of following the same course he did in 2004.

As a recruit, playing for Bobby P has to be very appealing so some may re-think going there.

 

As for Bobby, I don't blame him one bit. He could have bolted to the NFL in years before but the jobs weren't as appealing as this one is. The Falcons got a solid core and if he can get the most out of Vick (big If) they are a contender right now.

 

For those of you talking about the money difference, think about the difference in job security Bobby has at Atlanta compared to UL. I don't think the money was the difference, I think it was the appeal of the job and team itself.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.