Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bobby Petrino...Atlanta Falcons...

Featured Replies

I don't see how anyone can blame Pitrino. $25 mill, I would crawl to Atlanta. I don't like him but I sure don't blame him.

  • Replies 148
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see how anyone can blame Pitrino. $25 mill, I would crawl to Atlanta. I don't like him but I sure don't blame him.

 

That's true, but how much money does one really need?

That's true, but how much money does one really need?

How much does setting up your family for generations mean? We aren't talking about a young kid...

Tough loss for UL, but a great opportunity for Petrino. I think we all knew it was just a matter of time. IMO great timing for UK, especially if Jurich doesn't hire a quality replacement very quickly. I'd say he will have one very soon.

How much does setting up your family for generations mean? We aren't talking about a young kid...

 

I think he already has enough to do that.

I think he already has enough to do that.

So you would turn down 25 million in half the time for a chance on the biggest stage? Right...

So you would turn down 25 million in half the time for a chance on the biggest stage? Right...

 

Money doesn't really mean a whole lot to me. As long as I can give my family everything they want, I'm happy. But then again, I realize that I won't be taking any money with me when I leave this great place.

What does this do for Nick Petrino's college plans? I don't think he had signed yet. Could he go to Georgia Tech? Georgia Southern?

An interesting question that I thought about pretty quick as a UK fan is will any of UL's instate commitments back out now and come to Kentucky?

An interesting question that I thought about pretty quick as a UK fan is will any of UL's instate commitments back out now and come to Kentucky?

 

If I were Brooks and Co., I would play that angle very hard. If they get in quick, they might could snag a couple players before a new coach is hired.

Pitrino did what 99 percent of us would have. No shame in taking the money, improving your already wonderful financial state and getting a chance to prove you can make it as an NFL coach.It would be hard to turn down the opportunity he has been given.I really dont see how anyone could fault the guy for this. Even as a UK fan, I hope he does well with the Falcons. Louisville lost a great coach, but good programs rebound quickly, I dont see the cards being much different because of this.

How's this for irony:

 

Petrino goes to the Falcons because he has always dreamed of coaching in the NFL...He fails miserably to the point where he resigns before finishing his contract and returns to the college ranks to lead the cross-state rival of the team he left to go to the pro's...

 

Does this sound familiar?? :sssh: :banana: :cool:

 

...rhymes with Petrino.

As a UofL fan I want to wish Coach Petrino the best of luck and thank him for the best years of football UofL has ever known.

John L. is rested and ready
And is moving back to his Louisville home. However I don't see this happening.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.