Texas Spent $280k on Arch Manning's Recruiting Visit

Walter

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

gchs, that is what I would say too right now but once we get further down the road I am sure all the powers that be will reassess what is in their best interests and a quasi-professional league will have a lot of appeal and be very lucrative. 

You both ( @theguru @OlDog75) may be right. It will be interesting to follow it over the next decade. Feels like it could go either way. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

All the evidence says otherwise. (Tons of media tweets about this yesterday, actually). There is no desire by the Power 5 to break away, in part because they don’t want to run all of the other events which the NCAA is really good at doing.

Agreed, I don't think the NCAA is going any where.  I think if anything they're understanding that this was going to happen with or without them.  Might as well stay relevant.

2 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

I couldn't have cared less where he goes...until now.  Anywhere but Texas. LOL

Never realized it until now.  But clearly this is why Texas is heading to the SEC.  They want to head there, win a national title with a Manning kid that was only willing to go there if Texas joined the SEC.  

My prediction is Texas leaves the SEC as soon as Manning does.😁

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2022 at 3:53 PM, theguru said:

Big time college athletics is spiraling out of control with the money involved.  I wonder where we will be in five years. 

The players will own sites like BGP staffed by media experts to support their "brand".

1 minute ago, 9068 said:

The players will own sites like BGP staffed by media experts to support their "brand".

I doubt that, there is almost no money in a site like BGP.  When you consider the "hours involved" from all those involved it is a loss.  Fortunately a lot of good BGP members volunteer their time or we (or sites like us) would not exist.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...