Mayfield 16 Paducah Tilghman 14

TilghmanPride

😰

Cry me a river, fact is the best team and program wins yet again.  Despite us being short handed you still couldn't beat us.  So you say, if we can't beat'em lets find someone to blame.  I miss the days when this was a actual rival game.  It hasn't been for ages.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Mayfield had 13 penalties to Tilghmans 9 i think there where questionable calls both ways, but lets not pretend that the refs only throwed flags on Tilghman when Mayfield was flagged more.  Officiating has been questionable, and will only get worse.  Noone wants to be a ref anymore with all the crap they have to take, especially in close games like this.  I saw 2 good teams throw haymakers all night.  Congrats to both glad i attended this one.  No losers on that field tonight in my book.

• Like 4

Back in 20 Joe ran down the sideline and got a timeout called after Murray had snapped the ball on their 2 pt conversion which scored. The ref came in waiving his hands and blowing the play dead post snap. 
that prevented Murray from beating Mayfield 3 straight times. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Toothpick said:

Not sure yet but it looks bad, I suspect his football days are over, this would be the 3rd knee in 3 years.  

Huge Huge loss for Mayfield if true. That’s the kind of loss that can ruin championship dreams. But more importantly you have to feel for the young man. Prayers that the injury isn’t what it appears. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TilghmanPride said:

Out of all that happened, two of the biggest were the 4th and 1 call that they called forward progress on and the catch/fumble call. They both would have been change of possession in favor of Tilghman on Mayfield's side of the field. 

The 4th and 1, the nose of the ball is on the 39. I've watched it more than 10 times. No one can convince me he ever made it to the 39, much less beyond it. He was a half yard short at least. It doesn't pass the test. 

The catch that was ruled a fumble and overturned was close, I'll say that, but he secured the ball and took two steps. It was ruled a fumble and there was nothing they saw that should have overturned it. 

Go watch the plays. It's gonna be a large margin in favor of they made the wrong call. 

The worst call I seen while watching the game was the PT 4th and 1 right before Mayfield drove down to kick the FG (besides all the questionable penalties). The official to the camera side of the ball spotted the PT runner short and the official on the other side spotted him having the first down. The white hat looked at where the far official was standing as the play was to that side of the field and signaled first down. Somehow the official that could not see the runner and I know that cause I had the same view as him got his spot and they overturned the first down call and gave the ball to Mayfield. Poorly officiated for sure but PT has to stop with all the extra curricular stuff to kill their team. You can’t win big, close games being that undisciplined. Hope they clean that up and maybe the 3A title can be theirs. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gcbleedblue said:

The top one is certainly a fumble. Without video replay in highschool you have plays like last night that are tough to over rule. At best they should’ve called it incomplete right away. At worst since they let the play play out, it’s a fumble recovery. The covering official seemed very unsure of himself and he shouldn’t be on the field that far while the play was going on.

• Like 1