Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield 16 Paducah Tilghman 14

Featured Replies

I always thought if you were the home team you  were supposed to get the calls. 

 

 

 

  • Replies 97
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Mr. Neutral
    Mr. Neutral

    Beechwood got my respect times 10 with their generosity with the tornado damage. I thought I lost my mother in the candle factory that night. When I saw the selflessness the beechwood community showed

  • Mayfield should be very proud of their officials.

  • ? Cry me a river, fact is the best team and program wins yet again.  Despite us being short handed you still couldn't beat us.  So you say, if we can't beat'em lets find someone to blame.  I miss

Posted Images

  • Author

As hard as it's gonna be, PT has to put this one to rest and get their minds right. They are off next week and then have another rough test as they'll travel to South Warren the week after. 

?

Cry me a river, fact is the best team and program wins yet again.  Despite us being short handed you still couldn't beat us.  So you say, if we can't beat'em lets find someone to blame.  I miss the days when this was a actual rival game.  It hasn't been for ages.  

Mayfield had 13 penalties to Tilghmans 9 i think there where questionable calls both ways, but lets not pretend that the refs only throwed flags on Tilghman when Mayfield was flagged more.  Officiating has been questionable, and will only get worse.  Noone wants to be a ref anymore with all the crap they have to take, especially in close games like this.  I saw 2 good teams throw haymakers all night.  Congrats to both glad i attended this one.  No losers on that field tonight in my book.

Back in 20 Joe ran down the sideline and got a timeout called after Murray had snapped the ball on their 2 pt conversion which scored. The ref came in waiving his hands and blowing the play dead post snap. 
that prevented Murray from beating Mayfield 3 straight times. 

8 hours ago, Toothpick said:

Not sure yet but it looks bad, I suspect his football days are over, this would be the 3rd knee in 3 years.  

Huge Huge loss for Mayfield if true. That’s the kind of loss that can ruin championship dreams. But more importantly you have to feel for the young man. Prayers that the injury isn’t what it appears. 

6 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

Looks like an incomplete pass to me. 

Hmmm I don’t have a dog in this fight but that’s very very close. 

Is it me or does Mayfield look smaller than they were last year? 

3 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

Is it me or does Mayfield look smaller than they were last year? 

Not as big but more physical. PT is a team that wears you down. I expect to see both teams playing in the Semi’s this year. 

7 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

Not as big but more physical. PT is a team that wears you down. I expect to see both teams playing in the Semi’s this year. 

Yeah I agree. 2A is going to be fun with the three headed monster in Beechwood. LCA and Mayfield! 

8 hours ago, Jason Bucklen said:

Haha But I guess Beechwood or Mayfield won’t have a say in this right? 

No different than the last 2 years in 2A LCA is the best team and everyone else is fighting for second! ??

7 hours ago, TilghmanPride said:

Out of all that happened, two of the biggest were the 4th and 1 call that they called forward progress on and the catch/fumble call. They both would have been change of possession in favor of Tilghman on Mayfield's side of the field. 

The 4th and 1, the nose of the ball is on the 39. I've watched it more than 10 times. No one can convince me he ever made it to the 39, much less beyond it. He was a half yard short at least. It doesn't pass the test. 

The catch that was ruled a fumble and overturned was close, I'll say that, but he secured the ball and took two steps. It was ruled a fumble and there was nothing they saw that should have overturned it. 

Go watch the plays. It's gonna be a large margin in favor of they made the wrong call. 

 

The worst call I seen while watching the game was the PT 4th and 1 right before Mayfield drove down to kick the FG (besides all the questionable penalties). The official to the camera side of the ball spotted the PT runner short and the official on the other side spotted him having the first down. The white hat looked at where the far official was standing as the play was to that side of the field and signaled first down. Somehow the official that could not see the runner and I know that cause I had the same view as him got his spot and they overturned the first down call and gave the ball to Mayfield. Poorly officiated for sure but PT has to stop with all the extra curricular stuff to kill their team. You can’t win big, close games being that undisciplined. Hope they clean that up and maybe the 3A title can be theirs. 

7 hours ago, gcbleedblue said:

The top one is certainly a fumble. Without video replay in highschool you have plays like last night that are tough to over rule. At best they should’ve called it incomplete right away. At worst since they let the play play out, it’s a fumble recovery. The covering official seemed very unsure of himself and he shouldn’t be on the field that far while the play was going on.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.