Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield 16 Paducah Tilghman 14

Featured Replies

  • Replies 97
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Mr. Neutral
    Mr. Neutral

    Beechwood got my respect times 10 with their generosity with the tornado damage. I thought I lost my mother in the candle factory that night. When I saw the selflessness the beechwood community showed

  • Mayfield should be very proud of their officials.

  • ? Cry me a river, fact is the best team and program wins yet again.  Despite us being short handed you still couldn't beat us.  So you say, if we can't beat'em lets find someone to blame.  I miss

Posted Images

image.gif.91f7873f65aaf119dec6cfcd0af636f1.gif
  • Author
1 hour ago, BadaBing said:

I was in the stands at the game.  Rewatched on Red Helmet video later on to catch anything I missed.  As previously mentioned, not sure why PT didn't keep running the ball.  They were wearing Mayfield down and Cards were dropping left and right with cramping.  Not to mention, PT would starting throwing and give the ball back to the cards via an INT.  I hated Mayfield's redzone wildcat package.  It wasn't fooling anyone.  They would have been better off keeping the regular QB in and throwing the ball.

As far as the emotion of the game and the refs, I don't have much good to say so I will keep it short.  I've watched PT play football for decades now, and I don't think I've ever watched a game where they displayed such a low level of class and respect for the game, or their opponent.  It was particularly disturbing watching how #71 acted after Jax Rodgers got hurt and limped off the field.  As far as the refs go, everyone has been on a team or rooted for one where they thought the refs screwed them, me included.  But it can't be left up to the refs.  Don't like the spot of the ball on your 4th and short??  Get more yards next time and leave no doubt.  Don't like getting personal fouls called on you or your team??  Then shut your mouth and play ball.  Let your game do the talking.

How you can deduct that #71 was in some way reacting to Jax being hurt is beyond me. He made a great block, his teammate reaches his hand out to congratulate him, all the while there is a penalty being assessed for 1st down. You can audibly hear him saying "Let's go!" several times during the process. Nothing looks malicious about it. 

2 hours ago, TilghmanPride said:

How you can deduct that #71 was in some way reacting to Jax being hurt is beyond me. He made a great block, his teammate reaches his hand out to congratulate him, all the while there is a penalty being assessed for 1st down. You can audibly hear him saying "Let's go!" several times during the process. Nothing looks malicious about it. 

I can't say with certainty that there was malice involved.  I did watch it replay several times.  #71 was clearly yelling in the Mayfield players direction as he limped off the field.  Just didn't seem very sportsmanlike or respective of his opponent.

Obviously, this is just my opinion.  And for the recond, I like reading your posts.  You are knowledgeable about the the PT program, and seem to have good insight into the game of football in general.  You guys have a good team this year.  Hopefully you can harness the potential and turn it into something special.

25 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Mr guru, he said sub state not the finals.

I want to play Mayfield period. 

  • Author
43 minutes ago, BadaBing said:

I can't say with certainty that there was malice involved.  I did watch it replay several times.  #71 was clearly yelling in the Mayfield players direction as he limped off the field.  Just didn't seem very sportsmanlike or respective of his opponent.

Obviously, this is just my opinion.  And for the recond, I like reading your posts.  You are knowledgeable about the the PT program, and seem to have good insight into the game of football in general.  You guys have a good team this year.  Hopefully you can harness the potential and turn it into something special.

I'm with you. Just because we saw it differently doesn't mean either of us are right or wrong, the answer is most likely somewhere in the middle. 

I'm not much on disrespect and poor sportsmanship at all and I will definitely get the word to him that his actions were questionable. 

 

On 9/2/2022 at 10:56 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Those fans should not be on the field while the handshake line is going.

I agree.  That was bad!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.