Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield 16 Paducah Tilghman 14

Featured Replies

I missed the first 2 1/2 quarters. I am going to need to go back and watch it on Red Helmet You Tube. Even with the ref calls that truly were questionable, I can't shake the plays I saw Mayfield make and PT not make in the last 1 1/2 quarters and say PT lost because of refs. Make plays. Don't make penalties. Don't make mistakes. Mayfield made more plays and fewer mistakes than PT.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Mr. Neutral
    Mr. Neutral

    Beechwood got my respect times 10 with their generosity with the tornado damage. I thought I lost my mother in the candle factory that night. When I saw the selflessness the beechwood community showed

  • Mayfield should be very proud of their officials.

  • ? Cry me a river, fact is the best team and program wins yet again.  Despite us being short handed you still couldn't beat us.  So you say, if we can't beat'em lets find someone to blame.  I miss

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Brown said:

If I were a Mayfield fan.  I would say.  You know we were aided ALOT, especially the 2 minute overturned call, which you don’t have video replay…you called it a catch and fumble and let the play continue.  Yeah PT probably deserved to win the game and we got SEVERAL loose calls.  I hate the refs did that.

 

That’s probably what I would do - but I doubt I’ll see it.  I guess when you’ve absorbed it so many times you defend the cooking.

OR we can call it like it went. The refs sucked both ways. I’ll stand 100% on that play being incomplete. All day everyday. Let’s also not act like Paducah didn’t get over 5 personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conducts called the whole game. They were jawing and talking trash the whole game. Now me, i love it, makes the game more interesting. But after way more than several of them you just have no discipline and it’s up to the coaches and teammates to help knock that crap out. They didn’t and kid got another. Sucks when it happened but oh well. Nobody’s fault but that kids. 

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I missed the first 2 1/2 quarters. I am going to need to go back and watch it on Red Helmet You Tube. Even with the ref calls that truly were questionable, I can't shake the plays I saw Mayfield make and PT not make in the last 1 1/2 quarters and say PT lost because of refs. Make plays. Don't make penalties. Don't make mistakes. Mayfield made more plays and fewer mistakes than PT.

Exactly. Thank you! 

From my D1 outside perspective…… NOPE!!!! 
 

Cheers boys!! Out!!

I rewatched.  There kid caught the ball facing back to the QB, turned made 2-3 quick steps and was hit probably between the 2nd and 3rd heading UPfield.  No pass incomplete, the side or back judge continues to follow the play..the Mayfield coaches immediately move toward the officials to ask for something after the play - I would assume “incomplete”.  A minute or so later, the ball is back in Mayfields hands.  Giftwrapped.  

9 minutes ago, LFTIGER said:

From my D1 outside perspective…… NOPE!!!! 
 

Cheers boys!! Out!!

Haha figures.

Edited by theguru

8 minutes ago, WarMemorialVet said:

OR we can call it like it went. The refs sucked both ways. I’ll stand 100% on that play being incomplete. All day everyday. Let’s also not act like Paducah didn’t get over 5 personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conducts called the whole game. They were jawing and talking trash the whole game. Now me, i love it, makes the game more interesting. But after way more than several of them you just have no discipline and it’s up to the coaches and teammates to help knock that crap out. They didn’t and kid got another. Sucks when it happened but oh well. Nobody’s fault but that kids. 

LOL - of course you would stand on it.  The refs don’t get to listen to Mayfield Coaches after the play then call incomplete - there is no video review.  It was left complete, the play continued.  It hurt Mayfield badly so it was overturned.  LOL it’s comical.

Again I wish the Paducah Sun would report on the ties to Mayfield football by that crew. No doubt there is.

  • Author

Out of all that happened, two of the biggest were the 4th and 1 call that they called forward progress on and the catch/fumble call. They both would have been change of possession in favor of Tilghman on Mayfield's side of the field. 

The 4th and 1, the nose of the ball is on the 39. I've watched it more than 10 times. No one can convince me he ever made it to the 39, much less beyond it. He was a half yard short at least. It doesn't pass the test. 

The catch that was ruled a fumble and overturned was close, I'll say that, but he secured the ball and took two steps. It was ruled a fumble and there was nothing they saw that should have overturned it. 

Go watch the plays. It's gonna be a large margin in favor of they made the wrong call. 

 

  • Author
7 minutes ago, Brown said:

I rewatched.  There kid caught the ball facing back to the QB, turned made 2-3 quick steps and was hit probably between the 2nd and 3rd heading UPfield.  No pass incomplete, the side or back judge continues to follow the play..the Mayfield coaches immediately move toward the officials to ask for something after the play - I would assume “incomplete”.  A minute or so later, the ball is back in Mayfields hands.  Giftwrapped.  

100%

7 minutes ago, Brown said:

LOL - of course you would stand on it.  The refs don’t get to listen to Mayfield Coaches after the play then call incomplete - there is no video review.  It was left complete, the play continued.  It hurt Mayfield badly so it was overturned.  LOL it’s comical.

It’s insane what you’re describing. This same scenario happened to our guys a couple of years back. I’ll see if I can’t find video. 

Just now, TilghmanPride said:

100%

Yep but according to Mayfield fans it was 100% correct to use video replay or listen to the coach from mayfield and Change the call on the field.  LOL.

8 hours ago, TilghmanPride said:

Out of all that happened, two of the biggest were the 4th and 1 call that they called forward progress on and the catch/fumble call. They both would have been change of possession in favor of Tilghman on Mayfield's side of the field. 

The 4th and 1, the nose of the ball is on the 39. I've watched it more than 10 times. No one can convince me he ever made it to the 39, much less beyond it. He was a half yard short at least. It doesn't pass the test. 

The catch that was ruled a fumble and overturned was close, I'll say that, but he secured the ball and took two steps. It was ruled a fumble and there was nothing they saw that should have overturned it. 

Go watch the plays. It's gonna be a large margin in favor of they made the wrong call. 

 

Yep - I assume that video gets deleted because he caught it facing backwards, turned 180 made 2 to 3  steps and was hit, fumbled and PT carried back to the 35…probably game over.  Enter Mayfield coaches, enter a side or back judge that changed the on field ruling.  That’s insane - you don’t get to do that 2 minutes after the play.

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Brown said:

Again I wish the Paducah Sun would report on the ties to Mayfield football by that crew. No doubt there is.

I don't think they necessarily have ties to Mayfield. Tilghman has had problems from one of the guys in particular in a lot of games over the past 4-5 seasons. Not sure what the deal is with him. 

2 hours ago, Brown said:

Mayfield should be very proud of their officials.

I hate to quote myself but….

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.