Simon Kenton 42 Highlands 40

1 minute ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

I had Highlands as one of the top teams in NKY before the season started so kick rocks!

Probably because you knew SK played them Week 2.

Unfortunately, Highlands hasn’t shown to be very good at all.

5 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

@Royal Bluei totally agree. To me this was a Pepto Bismol week and got my stomach settled. You lose by 2 with a QB that became QB1 7 days ago, I say this was as close to a win as you can get without having more points than the other team. Other then cramps we should all be healthy for next week. Poor Camels got something coming for them! 

#Gobirds

Am I sensing a moral victory?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

@Royal Bluei totally agree. To me this was a Pepto Bismol week and got my stomach settled. You lose by 2 with a QB that became QB1 7 days ago, I say this was as close to a win as you can get without having more points than the other team. Other then cramps we should all be healthy for next week. Poor Camels got something coming for them! 

#Gobirds

Just now, FrankNicodemus said:

Call it what you want but after last week, I feel much much better!

And thank goodness we only saw 1 QB tonight!!!

You're killing me Frank. 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, FrankNicodemus said:

#Gobirds

Oh man, I hope Highlands doesn’t take the moral victory route. They just need to get better. And they will. With Benke getting all the snaps and it showed tonight that he is the better QB at this moment. Highlands will be fine. That was a team tonight that came to play, unlike last week. Kudos to the coaching staff and players for not letting last week get to them. Now there can’t be any let down for next week. That needs to be a statement game for more reasons than I can count. 

SK is a good team. Of course they go as Crone goes. Very seasoned QB. And SK is huge. For sure won the battle up front leading to all their running.

Good luck to both teams rest of season! 

ps….Highlands will use its full 180 min each day next week preparing. Nothing more, nothing less! 
#flushthetoilet

Go Birds 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Since 1998, Simon Kenton is now 5-4 versus Highlands.

NKY football as a whole has changed a lot since then.  SK still struggles to pull in the elite athletes and speed that Jefferson County schools get but they've got a good base.  The growth over the past 20 years has helped other programs like Ryle and Cooper as well. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Call it what you want but after last week, I feel much much better!

And thank goodness we only saw 1 QB tonight!!!

Sticking with one QB will do as much for consistency as anything. Impossible for anybody to get/stay in rhythm with three QBs.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Since 1998, Simon Kenton is now 5-4 versus Highlands.

With all 5 wins coming in the last 7 years. Highlands was 40-75 Pts better than SK from 1998-2014. The comparison between the teams only applies to more recent history since Highlands has fallen off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Royal Blue said:

With all 5 wins coming in the last 7 years. Highlands was 40-75 Pts better than SK from 1998-2014. The comparison between the teams only applies to more recent history since Highlands has fallen off. 

1998 ..... Highlands 28 Simon Kenton 12

Highlands was 15-0 state champions. That was their lowest offensive output of the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Oh man, I hope Highlands doesn’t take the moral victory route. They just need to get better. And they will. With Benke getting all the snaps and it showed tonight that he is the better QB at this moment. Highlands will be fine. That was a team tonight that came to play, unlike last week. Kudos to the coaching staff and players for not letting last week get to them. Now there can’t be any let down for next week. That needs to be a statement game for more reasons than I can count. 

SK is a good team. Of course they go as Crone goes. Very seasoned QB. And SK is huge. For sure won the battle up front leading to all their running.

Good luck to both teams rest of season! 

ps….Highlands will use its full 180 min each day next week preparing. Nothing more, nothing less! 
#flushthetoilet

Go Birds 

Benke did impress me. I don’t know anything about the other players taking snaps the week before, but based on what I saw tonight, he would be my quarterback moving forward.

• Like 2