Simon Kenton 42 Highlands 40

Just now, TheDeuce said:

It’s almost like some people were saying, that the talent at Highlands has been down.

It is either the talent is down or the coaching is down, I am going with the talent being down no matter how many times Bird Diehards try to convince me otherwise.

• Like 2

Just now, theguru said:

It is either the talent is down or the coaching is down, I am going with the talent being down no matter how many times Bird Diehards try to convince me otherwise.

They got what they wanted (a new coach) and here we are… 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NEERFAN said:

Beechie Tech is next!  I bleed blue, raised as a pup, don't know one kid personally, cried like a baby afterward.  Congrats to coach Lucas.  He gave me a job as a frosh coach in the mid 90s.  Love my Neers to death, drive by the gym to see pops' name.  It's home to me, grew up in that brick building, can't tell you how damn good it felt tonight without our stud RB.  I cried as a 48 yr old and crying now.  Love IndePendy, I'm home now and it's going to be a great ride.  

Didn’t SK beat Highlands two years ago?

Well I was at last night’s game and can say it was entertaining.  Highlands at least showed a lot of heart and desire.  Crone is nice athlete and throws a really nice ball.  Play calling on Highlands side is still big question mark as is the return game.  Before anyone says it, the special teams were Charlie Noon and not result of some great scheme.  Game could have gone either way and still this morning I am trying to figure out if both teams are really good or just average at this point in time.  Guess we shall see.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Well I was at last night’s game and can say it was entertaining.  Highlands at least showed a lot of heart and desire.  Crone is nice athlete and throws a really nice ball.  Play calling on Highlands side is still big question mark as is the return game.  Before anyone says it, the special teams were Charlie Noon and not result of some great scheme.  Game could have gone either way and still this morning I am trying to figure out if both teams are really good or just average at this point in time.  Guess we shall see.

Well stated.  I agree on Noon and I think he was the best player on the field.  As to the teams, I think they are both average. 

• Like 3

I hope people who watched our broadcast appreciated the efforts to block the sun with our homemade camera shade made out of a papa Dino’s pizza box and Home Depot paint stick.  My cameraman bill Bartlett did a commendable job of putting up with me leaning on him the first half.  (859) will always go the extra mile.  

• Like 4

I was able to catch this one in person.  Much better effort!  Noon needs to touch the ball any way possible.  Benke showed well; especially with limited snaps prior.  From a birds perspective, defensive line non existent and run pass option was open all day.  Robinson and Dunn played well and little Nate W. made plays.  Concern is if you safeties are making all the tackles, Houston we have a problem.  Hodge made some great plays but on others he was driven downtown.  Now SK line is no joke.  The trenches are bare.  SK has a very good LB core.  

offense Crone is the complete package and has moxy!   I am sure glad we did not see a big dose of RB1 (injured).  Blier kid had spunk!!  

HHS offense play calling needs work and for the love of G, you can have all the speed in the world catch the ball.  Don’t worry about the style work on hands!!!  I did see the ability to move ball.  Use Class more!  Still work in process but time growing short!  Fun game to watch but still very average programs..

special teams DB kicked well and made a big tackle but otherwise they HHS group is bad!!! Return game..  May want to catch footage of the frog of yesterday years! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Spot on JOAT. All the special team play baffles me. Too many minds involved. Delegate it to one coach and let him study and scheme up ways to perfect it. Having Noon and a lone back chasing a kickoff from sideline to sideline doesn’t make sense. Heck he’s already running full speed 30-40 yards before he gets to go vertical. Whatever. Guess just not enough coaches to handle all the different tasks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Didn’t SK beat Highlands two years ago?

I forget how many they won in a row prior to 2015 but it was 30-40 in a row.  The 1998 game was a good one considering Highlands was the highest scoring team ever.  

Screenshot_20220827-120210_DuckDuckGo.jpg