Simon Kenton 42 Highlands 40

4 hours ago, Bird Bath said:

I was able to catch this one in person.  Much better effort!  Noon needs to touch the ball any way possible.  Benke showed well; especially with limited snaps prior.  From a birds perspective, defensive line non existent and run pass option was open all day.  Robinson and Dunn played well and little Nate W. made plays.  Concern is if you safeties are making all the tackles, Houston we have a problem.  Hodge made some great plays but on others he was driven downtown.  Now SK line is no joke.  The trenches are bare.  SK has a very good LB core.  

offense Crone is the complete package and has moxy!   I am sure glad we did not see a big dose of RB1 (injured).  Blier kid had spunk!!  

HHS offense play calling needs work and for the love of G, you can have all the speed in the world catch the ball.  Don’t worry about the style work on hands!!!  I did see the ability to move ball.  Use Class more!  Still work in process but time growing short!  Fun game to watch but still very average programs..

special teams DB kicked well and made a big tackle but otherwise they HHS group is bad!!! Return game..  May want to catch footage of the frog of yesterday years! 

Love that you brought up Carson Class. He is underutilized. Kid has magnet hands and just makes plays. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Spot on JOAT. All the special team play baffles me. Too many minds involved. Delegate it to one coach and let him study and scheme up ways to perfect it. Having Noon and a lone back chasing a kickoff from sideline to sideline doesn’t make sense. Heck he’s already running full speed 30-40 yards before he gets to go vertical. Whatever. Guess just not enough coaches to handle all the different tasks. 

Amen, Ted. I don't understand how special teams are still this bad 2 years in. It just doesn't add up; especially when you take into Coach Sphire's experience as a HC.