Simon Kenton 42 Highlands 40

28 minutes ago, Royal Blue said:

With all 5 wins coming in the last 7 years. Highlands was 40-75 Pts better than SK from 1998-2014. The comparison between the teams only applies to more recent history since Highlands has fallen off. 

Highlands has fallen off but they've also come back to reality.  The truth is that much of the growth in NKY over the last couple decades didn't favor Highlands.  I'm not sure they'll ever get back to where they were in the 90's and early 2000's.  Just a different landscape nowadays. 

That's not to say they won't/can't compete for state championships, they're just less likely to dominate the way they did back in the day. 

I'm back.  Great game, SK had a chance to sweep the leg but didn't.  Bash the D, that's fair, last great D they had was 2008.  Lawson is out for 4 weeks and once he's back, Bleier proved he can take hits and still get extra yards.  I still can't figure out why we still squib kicks and give up field position.  Geeeeez.  We turned off the lights, I rolled through the Fort blasting it!   #EatCakeBoys #HitTheLights

20220826_214337.jpg

Screenshot_20220826-214506_Spotify.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NEERFAN said:

I'm back.  Great game, SK had a chance to sweep the leg but didn't.  Bash the D, that's fair, last great D they had was 2008.  Lawson is out for 4 weeks and once he's back, Bleier proved he can take hits and still get extra yards.  I still can't figure out why we still squib kicks and give up field position.  Geeeeez.  We turned off the lights, #EatCakeBoys

20220826_214337.jpg

Welcome back @NEERFAN!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Welcome back @NEERFAN!

Beechie Tech is next!  I bleed blue, raised as a pup, don't know one kid personally, cried like a baby afterward.  Congrats to coach Lucas.  He gave me a job as a frosh coach in the mid 90s.  Love my Neers to death, drive by the gym to see pops' name.  It's home to me, grew up in that brick building, can't tell you how damn good it felt tonight without our stud RB.  I cried as a 48 yr old and crying now.  Love IndePendy, I'm home now and it's going to be a great ride.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, NEERFAN said:

Beechie Tech is next!  I bleed blue, raised as a pup, don't know one kid personally, cried like a baby afterward.  Congrats to coach Lucas.  He gave me a job as a frosh coach in the mid 90s.  Love my Neers to death, drive by the gym to see pops' name.  It's home to me, grew up in that brick building, can't tell you how damn good it felt tonight without our stud RB.  I cried as a 48 yr old and crying now.  Love IndePendy, I'm home now and it's going to be a great ride.  

We will see how that goes in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for sharing all of that, I totally get it, congrats!

• Like 1

Wow what a fun game to Broadcast.  You can catch the archive here.  I thought a huge play was first and goal at the 1 in the 3rd when HHS decided not to run Benke and ended in a pick. Let’s not forget SK leading rusher from last season Lawson was in street clothes.  I feel this district is HHS to lose.  CCH will have problems with Noon and Benke.  Geisler and Matteoli will only get better.  Good combo.  I also made an observation looking at the press box with the state championship years.  HHS is in their longest drought ever of 8 years.  Crone clearly the top QB in NKY and a huge threat to run.  Surprise of the night the Bleir kid from SK.  No one has talked much about him before Friday.  They will now. Wow. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

@Royal Bluei totally agree. To me this was a Pepto Bismol week and got my stomach settled. You lose by 2 with a QB that became QB1 7 days ago, I say this was as close to a win as you can get without having more points than the other team. Other then cramps we should all be healthy for next week. Poor Camels got something coming for them! 

#Gobirds

I guess SK just worked harder.....that was a comment we all heard a lot years ago.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

NKY football as a whole has changed a lot since then.  SK still struggles to pull in the elite athletes and speed that Jefferson County schools get but they've got a good base.  The growth over the past 20 years has helped other programs like Ryle and Cooper as well. 

I think Cooper has only been open 15 years? I do get your point. The talent has spread out due to the population shifts and growth.

8 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Highlands has fallen off but they've also come back to reality.  The truth is that much of the growth in NKY over the last couple decades didn't favor Highlands.  I'm not sure they'll ever get back to where they were in the 90's and early 2000's.  Just a different landscape nowadays. 

That's not to say they won't/can't compete for state championships, they're just less likely to dominate the way they did back in the day. 

Check last seasons All State and local all star squads. Not as many Highlands players as years ago.