Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats Pause District-By-District Team Standings Predictions

Featured Replies

 

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
The Cats' Pause 2022 Kentucky Football Yearbook:
High School Preview (Predicted District-By-District Standings For All 48 Districts)
Graphic by Nate Bryan, aka @NateInSports on Twitter

NOTE: NOT my rankings. I had nothing to do with them. Zero input.

20220708_091433.jpg

Well this just got pinned on the billboard of Simon Kenton and Highlands locker rooms.

 

I've seen some other posts and articles about North Laurel this coming year and I really don't see much change for them.  Got planted by Southwestern once and Pulaski twice.  Only good win was against Bell Co. in the first game of the year.  I know they have a new coach but I just don't see it. 

Interesting has PRP ahead of Manual in district standings. I believe that when I see it.

Atherton and North Bullitt ahead of South Oldham???? The guys at catspause didn’t do much research.

  • Author
4 hours ago, BBN_34 said:

Atherton and North Bullitt ahead of South Oldham???? The guys at catspause didn’t do much research.

Many writers have coaches vote.

 

I did when I previewed (so does Klemme from Ashland).

While I was a writer, I was NOT a voter.

 

So don't hurt yourself throwing the author under the bus so hastily.

I know that for at least some districts (like mentioned above) an email is sent out to the coaches to vote. Like any other time you email coaches you might get everyone in the district to respond or you might get one. Keep that in mind when you look at the rankings. 

8 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Well this just got pinned on the billboard of Simon Kenton and Highlands locker rooms.

 

Why would this ranking be billboard material? Was this a put down of Highlands in anyway? Haven’t they been the third of fourth seed in the playoffs in that district the last two or three years? So it’s not like they went from a first place team last year, now all of a sudden people are ranking them third in the district.  Doesn’t seem to offensive have them ranked third in the district for now until they prove otherwise. Same with SK. 

40 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Why would this ranking be billboard material? Was this a put down of Highlands in anyway? Haven’t they been the third of fourth seed in the playoffs in that district the last two or three years? So it’s not like they went from a first place team last year, now all of a sudden people are ranking them third in the district.  Doesn’t seem to offensive have them ranked third in the district for now until they prove otherwise. Same with SK. 

If you are any kind of player or coach it should make you mad and want to prove people wrong.  Nothing wrong with playing the disrespect card.

29 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

If you are any kind of player or coach it should make you mad and want to prove people wrong.  Nothing wrong with playing the disrespect card.

It’s not disrespect. It’s just more common sense at this point, until Highlands proves otherwise. So far since this district of teams have been together, Highlands has been either the 3rd or 4th seed in the district for playoffs. Even as players and coaches, they probably even know they deserve that ranking for now at least until they prove otherwise. 
 

For the record I do think Highlands should be a really good team this year and will be a fun battle for all teams involved in that district. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Russell and Ashland are playing for the district title even though the cats pause had East Carter ahead of Russell.

12 hours ago, futurecoach said:

It’s not disrespect. It’s just more common sense at this point, until Highlands proves otherwise. So far since this district of teams have been together, Highlands has been either the 3rd or 4th seed in the district for playoffs. Even as players and coaches, they probably even know they deserve that ranking for now at least until they prove otherwise. 
 

For the record I do think Highlands should be a really good team this year and will be a fun battle for all teams involved in that district. 

I think what JOAT and others are saying is that it is easy motivation for the coach to play the disrespect card. Whether it is true or not, you can play up the idea that “no one is giving you a shot! No one thinks you deserve to be here” narrative and it can go a long way with players. 

3A district 5 has Rock in 4th place haven’t finished that low in quite a while and to be honest with the hiring of our new coach and all turnout of new players/ upper class man transfers it’s not going to happen. If GC has loss there playmaker QB to transfer like everyone has said no way they are second and to be honest it’s always Rock and Bell district until someone else steps up and proves other wise but like stated above just more motivation to do better. Must earn that respect and I believe this is the year Rock takes down Bell like we used to back in the days of Tom Larkey. Chris has everyone in our community biting at the bits to prove everyone that the Rock is hard once again!

7 hours ago, RoCkMaN28 said:

3A district 5 has Rock in 4th place haven’t finished that low in quite a while and to be honest with the hiring of our new coach and all turnout of new players/ upper class man transfers it’s not going to happen. If GC has loss there playmaker QB to transfer like everyone has said no way they are second and to be honest it’s always Rock and Bell district until someone else steps up and proves other wise but like stated above just more motivation to do better. Must earn that respect and I believe this is the year Rock takes down Bell like we used to back in the days of Tom Larkey. Chris has everyone in our community biting at the bits to prove everyone that the Rock is hard once again!

I got Bell,Rock,Estill,Garrard, McCreary, I 100% agree with you, and yes Garrard County lost their big time playmaker. I seen them winning that district with him, and dropping all the way to the tail end with our him, he was a big difference maker. 

On 7/8/2022 at 5:40 PM, NateInSports said:

Many writers have coaches vote.

 

I did when I previewed (so does Klemme from Ashland).

While I was a writer, I was NOT a voter.

 

So don't hurt yourself throwing the author under the bus so hastily.

I would like to know why whoever did the voting put South Oldham third. With some very good pieces returning, especially in the trenches, I like their chances for a very successful season! 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.