June Buchanan 101 Owsley CO 51

I honestly think rankings have to do with all these teams running scores up. Coaches are so worried about where they stand in power rankings that the only way they know how to move up is to crush a team they are more talented then. What happened to the days when you get up 20+ and then start playing your bench players that you are going to depend on down the road. I guess this is a topic for a new thread.

Professor,

That is not what happened in this game. JBS played their first and second five for the first three quarters and mixed the third five in during the fourth quarter. JBS hit extremely well from the outside and I could see the Owsley coach was frustrated that no matter who he concentrated on someone else would hit the shot. The young Stepp kid came off the bench and hit 8 threes in the game. The scoring was well distributed with Clark Stepp having only 22 in a game he could have had a lot more. Owsley just caught JBS on a night that they played their best game of the year.

Eight threes in a game shouldn't happen by anyone not named Lofton, Chapman, etc., much less a freshman?? Where was the "D"??