June Buchanan 101 Owsley CO 51

JBS seemed to play a more up tempo game than they have previously this season and shot real well from the 3 point line. This is probably the best I have seen them play as a team this year. Clark Stepp and Tate Cox distributed the ball well all night long and Garrrison Collins and Trey Short controlled the boards and proved to be too much for Owsley inside. Clint Stepp (Clarks younger brother)the freshman hit 8 threes I think.

Wow....how many did step & cox have for JBS? How did Congleton do for Owsley ?

I am not sure but Clint Stepp(the younger one) or Cox probably had the most points but the scoring was balanced out as all the kids played...

I heard they left their starters in up to the last 3 minutes of the game. It wasn't like the game was in doubt, but I guess some starters didn't have enough points yet, so they had to keep them in to score some more. Not to much class shown by the Crusaders. Good way to get some important players hurt too!

JBS rotated 10 players in the first three quarters of the game and played the whole bench in the 4th quarter. I think JBS scored 4 points in the last 4 minutes of the game.

I didn't say they didn't play their bench, I just said I heard they waited till the last 3 or 4 minutes to do so, while ahead by 40. But they went ahead and made it 50 and was trying to score a 100 on them. Just heard that Stepp was still on the floor with 4 minutes to go. Just didn't think it was a nice thing to do IMO.

I heard they left their starters in up to the last 3 minutes of the game. It wasn't like the game was in doubt, but I guess some starters didn't have enough points yet, so they had to keep them in to score some more. Not to much class shown by the Crusaders. Good way to get some important players hurt too!

If this is true it's not a good way to earn much respect from the rest of the region. Most teams wouldn't do this.

I guess Buchanan's staff is still stinging over the upset at Owsley last year in the All A. This was their revenge statement.

Statement or not, it will come back on them! The Stepp's haven't gotten any more kids coming up, so give it a couple years and they will be back in the 3 Rivers Conference.

It has always bothered me when teams leave their starters in for all but a few minutes of the game when they're up by 30, 40, 50 points. That's just not the way to do things, and it doesn't prove anything except padding averages.

It has always bothered me when teams leave their starters in for all but a few minutes of the game when they're up by 30, 40, 50 points. That's just not the way to do things, and it doesn't prove anything except padding averages.

Professor,

That is not what happened in this game. JBS played their first and second five for the first three quarters and mixed the third five in during the fourth quarter. JBS hit extremely well from the outside and I could see the Owsley coach was frustrated that no matter who he concentrated on someone else would hit the shot. The young Stepp kid came off the bench and hit 8 threes in the game. The scoring was well distributed with Clark Stepp having only 22 in a game he could have had a lot more. Owsley just caught JBS on a night that they played their best game of the year.