Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Juwan Howard!

Featured Replies

Didn't the KHSAA try to ban the handshake line in football about 10 or more years ago?  

  • Replies 108
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    mcpapa punches people all the time during Shuffleboard night at the Nursing Home and all they do is take away his Wheel Of Fortune for a week. 

  • Parents are responsible for teaching their kids what’s wrong and right. If they are learning that from college/pro coaches and athletes, that’s a parenting issue. 

  • Post game hand shakes are stupid, especially when they are forced. The NBA and NFL do that right. If players want to stick around and chat with each other, fine. Forcing two teams to shake hands after

Posted Images

I wasn't aware (or didn't remember, one of the two) that apparently Howard told another coach he was going to kill him last year?

That changes things for me. That makes this a pattern. 

22 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I wasn't aware (or didn't remember, one of the two) that apparently Howard told another coach he was going to kill him last year?

That changes things for me. That makes this a pattern. 

I am in the same boat.  Back when I thought this was his first offense, I was fine with a several game suspension and a fine.  After finding out more about the past, I was thinking rest of season suspension at a minimum and firing possible.

23 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I wasn't aware (or didn't remember, one of the two) that apparently Howard told another coach he was going to kill him last year?

That changes things for me. That makes this a pattern. 

A lot of people rushed in to say “you don’t grab another man’s arm” without any facts.  Howard was cussing and saying “I’ll remember that” and the Wisky coach wanted to explain why he calmed timeout.  The coach should have let him walk by pouting but I think he wanted to squash any beef on the spot.

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

A lot of people rushed in to say “you don’t grab another man’s arm” without any facts.  Howard was cussing and saying “I’ll remember that” and the Wisky coach wanted to explain why he calmed timeout.  The coach should have let him walk by pouting but I think he wanted to squash any beef on the spot.

It doesn't change the fact that the altercation was started by Gard grabbing Howard's arm...

What it does change is the outlook on Howard's future as HC. 

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

I am in the same boat.  Back when I thought this was his first offense, I was fine with a several game suspension and a fine.  After finding out more about the past, I was thinking rest of season suspension at a minimum and firing possible.

It doesn't look like they are going to fire him over it, but they have even more grounds with this being a second offense. 

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It doesn't look like they are going to fire him over it, but they have even more grounds with this being a second offense. 

True.  With the way UM likes to portray itself as being above the moral ground compared to the rest of college athletics, this puts their AD and president in an ugly position.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

True.  With the way UM likes to portray itself as being above the moral ground compared to the rest of college athletics, this puts their AD and president in an ugly position.

Howard has done it to myself, I'd imagine the next incident (assuming there is one) will be the last one. 

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

Howard has done it to myself, I'd imagine the next incident (assuming there is one) will be the last one. 

I would have to believe the AD and president have told him if he so much as cuts a fart on the sideline to start looking for a new job.

5 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Howard has done it to myself, I'd imagine the next incident (assuming there is one) will be the last one. 

I'm still not sold that this won't be an evaluate it after the season type of thing. Let him ride it out now then after the year bring up this altercation, threatening to kill a coach, and the underwhelming season to fire him for cause. 

4 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I'm still not sold that this won't be an evaluate it after the season type of thing. Let him ride it out now then after the year bring up this altercation, threatening to kill a coach, and the underwhelming season to fire him for cause. 

I thinking the same thing.

19 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

If I had a blow up with one guy then punched/slapped another one, my employer would have fired me. I'd have been suspended immediately and terminated within 48 hours.

 

12 hours ago, ColonelMike said:

That's because you have a job like most of us have - one that expects you to actually act your age.....

It depends on how valuable/replaceable you are to your company. We'll soon find out how valuable/replaceable Juwan Howard is to Michigan.

14 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

That they punished him.

5 game suspension and a $40,000 fine is definitely a punishment, that isn't debatable. Whether one agrees or disagrees with the length and money is a different topic. But don't act like he just walked away without a concern.

13 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

5 game suspension and a $40,000 fine is definitely a punishment, that isn't debatable. Whether one agrees or disagrees with the length and money is a different topic. But don't act like he just walked away without a concern.

Let's also not act like the money was a huge concern. He's making 3.25 million this year, before any endorsements, speaking engagements, etc. That makes the fine the equivalent to a $600 fine in a 50k a year job. That's nothing awful. 

16 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Let's also not act like the money was a huge concern. He's making 3.25 million this year, before any endorsements, speaking engagements, etc. That makes the fine the equivalent to a $600 fine in a 50k a year job. That's nothing awful. 

I am not doubting your math but $600 to someone making 50k a year is a lot of money.  40k to someone making over 3 million a year is pocket change and a nothing burger. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.