Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Juwan Howard!

Featured Replies

This one made me chuckle:

jh.jpg

  • Replies 108
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    mcpapa punches people all the time during Shuffleboard night at the Nursing Home and all they do is take away his Wheel Of Fortune for a week. 

  • Parents are responsible for teaching their kids what’s wrong and right. If they are learning that from college/pro coaches and athletes, that’s a parenting issue. 

  • Post game hand shakes are stupid, especially when they are forced. The NBA and NFL do that right. If players want to stick around and chat with each other, fine. Forcing two teams to shake hands after

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Bert said:

True.  With the way UM likes to portray itself as being above the moral ground compared to the rest of college athletics, this puts their AD and president in an ugly position.

Elite academic research university, sir.

7 hours ago, theguru said:

I am not doubting your math but $600 to someone making 50k a year is a lot of money.  40k to someone making over 3 million a year is pocket change and a nothing burger. 

Yes, the math is right. But considering Howard is worth $80 million, I agree with you.

42 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Yes, the math is right. But considering Howard is worth $80 million, I agree with you.

Yeah, his fine is like telling me I owe a Nickle.  I would even tip a penny on that. 

15 minutes ago, theguru said:

Yeah, his fine is like telling me I owe a Nickle.  I would even tip a penny on that. 

 That said, the 5 game suspension is significant especially at this time of year.

21 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 That said, the 5 game suspension is significant especially at this time of year.

Right, if anyone complains you tell them we gave him a 5 game suspension. 

12 minutes ago, theguru said:

Right, if anyone complains you tell them we gave him a 5 game suspension. 

I heard Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News say he thought the Big 10 handled this perfectly.

They should have fined him according to him not working for 5 games.  That fine would have been 150-200k I think.  

17 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Elite academic research university, sir.

Oh, oh, oh, my pardon.  Lol

21 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Let's also not act like the money was a huge concern. He's making 3.25 million this year, before any endorsements, speaking engagements, etc. That makes the fine the equivalent to a $600 fine in a 50k a year job. That's nothing awful. 

Him losing endorsements and speaking engagements may be the most financial damaging result of this incident.  Let's face it, would you want him endorsing your product/service or speaking at your engagement?

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I heard Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News say he thought the Big 10 handled this perfectly.

It can be viewed through a lot of different lenses so I understand the various takes on the punishment. 

When a coach is suspended, are they allowed to do everything besides coach the team during games or are they suspended from all activity?

26 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

When a coach is suspended, are they allowed to do everything besides coach the team during games or are they suspended from all activity?

No clue but I assume it is a suspension with pay so I think all the other work is to be expected. 

42 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

When a coach is suspended, are they allowed to do everything besides coach the team during games or are they suspended from all activity?

When Chris Mack was suspended earlier this year, he was not around the team at all. I don't know if that is a rule across the board, or handled differently at every school. 

28 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

When Chris Mack was suspended earlier this year, he was not around the team at all. I don't know if that is a rule across the board, or handled differently at every school. 

Mack was suspended without pay also wasn't he?  I don't think that Howard was.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.