Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Juwan Howard!

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

I just rewatched the video.  Juwan didn’t even punch the guy who stopped him for a handshake did he?  He was essentially punched a random staff member?

That doesn’t change the point I’m making about kids and their role models.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    mcpapa punches people all the time during Shuffleboard night at the Nursing Home and all they do is take away his Wheel Of Fortune for a week. 

  • Parents are responsible for teaching their kids what’s wrong and right. If they are learning that from college/pro coaches and athletes, that’s a parenting issue. 

  • Post game hand shakes are stupid, especially when they are forced. The NBA and NFL do that right. If players want to stick around and chat with each other, fine. Forcing two teams to shake hands after

Posted Images

Juwan Howard reacted poorly, clearly. 

He didn’t initiate the incident. 

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

That doesn’t change the point I’m making about kids and their role models.

I’m asking you to clarify how it was permissible to punch a random staff member, while he was being held back by the Michigan staff.  

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I’m asking you to clarify how it was permissible to punch a random staff member, while he was being held back by the Michigan staff.  

I didn’t say it was?

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

I didn’t say it was?

You’re going out of your way to say he didn’t initiate it.  Agreed, but he’s responsible for how he reacts.

Should he be fired or serve a lengthy suspension?

5 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

You’re going out of your way to say he didn’t initiate it.  Agreed, but he’s responsible for how he reacts.

Should he be fired or serve a lengthy suspension?

Of course he is responsible. He should and will be suspended and likely fined IMO. I doubt he loses his job, but I wouldn’t be surprised. 

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Of course he is responsible. He should and will be suspended and likely fined IMO. I doubt he loses his job, but I wouldn’t be surprised. 

Agreed, there was no justification to support what Juwan did.  I’m shocked he hasn’t apologized yet to be honest.

Michigan, loves to portray this “world class standards & prestige to the rest of the B1G.”  I’m curious to see how they react to this.  The Buckeye side of me at least.

45 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

If your kid swings at another kid in the handshake line, that’s your fault, not Juwan Howard’s. 

Agreed.

Juan Howard is paid to win ball games, not raise your child.

He should be suspended a few games and fined heavily.

That’s a dude I want to play for honestly.

If you're gonna press the opponents backups when you're down 14 with less than a min on the clock, how can you get mad the coach called a TO? 

I know thats far from the issue here but thats apparently what started all this.

16 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Juwan Howard reacted to Gard putting his hands on him, let’s make sure we’re clear on that. 

He did, and grabbing Howard was a mistake, but a swing is a different thing.  Players get into pushing and grabbing scrums all the time.  They might get a technical called.  When a player takes a swing at someone that changes the punishment.  As a coach and the leader of a team, I think that amps up the punishment even more.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is fired.  I would expect the Big Ten to issue a multiple game suspension at the least.  The Wisc. coach may get suspended for a game as well.  

1 hour ago, REALSPORT said:

He did, and grabbing Howard was a mistake, but a swing is a different thing.  Players get into pushing and grabbing scrums all the time.  They might get a technical called.  When a player takes a swing at someone that changes the punishment.  As a coach and the leader of a team, I think that amps up the punishment even more.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is fired.  I would expect the Big Ten to issue a multiple game suspension at the least.  The Wisc. coach may get suspended for a game as well.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if he were fired. 

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he were fired. 

I just read that the Big Ten commissioner can only issue a 2 game suspension.  There is another process that would allow the conference to issue a longer suspension.  Michigan could choose any option they want including termination.  He certainly didn't win any points in the post-game presser.

5 minutes ago, REALSPORT said:

I just read that the Big Ten commissioner can only issue a 2 game suspension.  There is another process that would allow the conference to issue a longer suspension.  Michigan could choose any option they want including termination.  He certainly didn't win any points in the post-game presser.

What did he say in the presser?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.