Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Juwan Howard!

Featured Replies

5 minutes ago, REALSPORT said:

I just read that the Big Ten commissioner can only issue a 2 game suspension.  There is another process that would allow the conference to issue a longer suspension.  Michigan could choose any option they want including termination.  He certainly didn't win any points in the post-game presser.

This guy has to be terminated, no room in the college game today for this type of behavior.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    mcpapa punches people all the time during Shuffleboard night at the Nursing Home and all they do is take away his Wheel Of Fortune for a week. 

  • Parents are responsible for teaching their kids what’s wrong and right. If they are learning that from college/pro coaches and athletes, that’s a parenting issue. 

  • Post game hand shakes are stupid, especially when they are forced. The NBA and NFL do that right. If players want to stick around and chat with each other, fine. Forcing two teams to shake hands after

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

This guy has to be terminated, no room in the college game today for this type of behavior.

I agree.

He can come back next year with another job. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

What did he say in the presser?

He took no responsibility for what occurred and said the following.

 “I think that was very uncalled for, for (Gard) to touch me as we were communicating with one another, At that point I felt it was time to protect myself.”

Delusional.  The swing occurred well after the handshake altercation.  

It's the 2nd year in a row that he has had to be restrained from going after a coach.  

 

2 minutes ago, REALSPORT said:

He took no responsibility for what occurred and said the following.

 “I think that was very uncalled for, for (Gard) to touch me as we were communicating with one another, At that point I felt it was time to protect myself.”

Delusional.  The swing occurred well after the handshake altercation.  

It's the 2nd year in a row that he has had to be restrained from going after a coach.  

 

How sad.

4 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

This guy has to be terminated, no room in the college game today for this type of behavior.

 

1 minute ago, theguru said:

I agree.

He can come back next year with another job. 

I hate to see it come to that. He clearly has anger management issues.  He threatened to “kill” Mark Turgeon after the Maryland game last year.  
 

Even with Michigan’s pompous attitude, I don’t think they will fire him.  Although, a lot more people are turning critical of him today as more facts and history comes out.

I’d vote for a season ending suspension with proof of anger management classes in the off season then put this behind him for 2022-2023.

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I hate to see it come to that. He clearly has anger management issues.  He threatened to “kill” Mark Turgeon after the Maryland game last year.  

Even with Michigan’s pompous attitude, I don’t think they will fire him.  Although, a lot more people are turning critical of him today as more facts and history comes out.

I’d vote for a season ending suspension with proof of anger management classes in the off season then put this behind him for 2022-2023.

It sounds like a continuing course of conduct and the bold at a minimum. 

15 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

 

I hate to see it come to that. He clearly has anger management issues.  He threatened to “kill” Mark Turgeon after the Maryland game last year.  
 

Even with Michigan’s pompous attitude, I don’t think they will fire him.  Although, a lot more people are turning critical of him today as more facts and history comes out.

I’d vote for a season ending suspension with proof of anger management classes in the off season then put this behind him for 2022-2023.

Termination, It sure appears that he has used his free pass.

Jason Whitlock tore Howard up in an article published on theblaze.com, it is a little too spicy for BGP but still a good read. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Jason Whitlock tore Howard up in an article published on theblaze.com, it is a little too spicy for BGP but still a good read. 

Whitlock is too objective for a lot of people.  Heck, Randy Moss said he was gonna deal with Whitlock when he saw him last year.  He later deleted that tweet.

Just now, John Anthony said:

Whitlock is too objective for a lot of people.  Heck, Randy Moss said he was gonna deal with Whitlock when he saw him last year.  He later deleted that tweet.

Generally speaking I really enjoy Whitlock's takes. 

How many "free passes" do famous people get?    When do we stop and say that "unacceptable" is UNacceptable??

He slapped/punched/smacked someone whose only apparent offense was that he was wearing the wrong colors - the assistant didn't touch him.

When are we going to expect adults to be adults?   The defense that - paraphrasing here - that the Wisconsin coach had it coming because he touched him on the elbow is beyond absurd.

We say we expect excellence from our kids.   When are we going to start demanding some minimal levels of maturity from adults?

Put simply, there simply is no acceptable excuse for this kind of behavior.  None.   The kids didn't start the fight, the adult/leader/coach started it.  

OMG

If I was the AD, his desk would already be cleared out.   It's not like this is his first trip down this alley - and I'm quite sure he was warned before.

3 hours ago, REALSPORT said:

“I think that was very uncalled for, for (Gard) to touch me as we were communicating with one another, At that point I felt it was time to protect myself.”

Delusional.  The swing occurred well after the handshake altercation.   

 

Jeez.  What a stupid thing to say.  

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Generally speaking I really enjoy Whitlock's takes. 

I used to. He was once my favorite columnist, but he became too predictable with his “takes” and lost originality which is not a good thing. He has officially become the rinse and repeat guy. He’s found his affirmation sweet spot with a base and has made it his new career. The Juwan Howard article - I went to thinking it would be something different seeing his name popped up in here - is the same exact article he’s written time and again the last several years. We get it. And I’m not saying I disagree with this or his other takes, it’s just tiring. 

2 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I used to. He was once my favorite columnist, but he became too predictable with his “takes” and lost originality which is not a good thing. He has officially become the rinse and repeat guy. He’s found his affirmation sweet spot with a base and has made it his new career. The Juwan Howard article - I went to thinking it would be something different seeing his name popped up in here - is the same exact article he’s written time and again the last several years. We get it. And I’m not saying I disagree with this or his other takes, it’s just tiring. 

Maybe he is on to something that is getting worse so he keeps beating the drum.

And I don't see a lot from him, but when I do I like what I see. 

I always try to put myself in the shoes of someone close to the situation. If this happened to me as a rep or player of UM, I would be embarrassed. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.