Rose Hill 78 West Carter 49

Rickyp

I really can't believe what I am reading here. Getting on an official for enforcing the rules of the game? A game that RH won? Let me enlighten some of you:

From the National Federation of State High School Associations Rule Book:

Rule 3-4 Uniforms

Article 15--A team jersey designed to be worn inside the pants shall be tucked inside the pants and the pants shall be above the hips and worn properly. A player not conforming to this uniform policy shall be directed to leave the game.

Black and white, letter of the law, intent of the rule, whatever argument you want to bring up, it can't hold water fellas. There it is! Tuck your jersey in or don't play!!!!! No need to call the officials "fashion police" they are enforcing the rules of the game. If you don't like the rule, call the KHSAA or NFHS and ask them to change it! But until then, don't whine over an official doing his job.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem here is that some officials enforce it some dont. Many games I have seen players from other teams playing with there shirts out.

Also three fouls were called by the other two officials for pulling the jersey out. That didnt deter the one official from still harping on it.

But still, harping on an official for doing his job makes no sense. It is a rule! He enforced the rule! If the other team was dunking in warm ups and the official saw it and didn't enforce it, fans would go nuts! He enforces a rule of the game and fans go nuts! I can't see the logic there.

And for the argument that some don't enforce the rule doesn't hold water either. Why should he worry about what other officials are doing, if he sees a violation, it is his duty to enforce the rule!

Goradio,

In my 20 years of basketball in the 16th region Ive never saw a referee abuse a player like what I saw last night. In a game that saw at least 5 players foul out, at least 2 incidents where 2 players dive into the stands after a ball, I would think that the ref would be best served watching the his whole coverage area rather than trying to see if all shirts are tucked in. Which by way Jacksons was NEVER totally untucked. I guess wearing a sloppy uniform will be the next thing added to the KHSAA rule book.

Go Radio, I understand where your coming from but this was a blatant attempt by an official to abuse a kid. I witnessed it first hand as did several others. I agree that the rules should be enforced but there is a proper way to do so and trying to bring embarassment to a 14 year old kid by way of harassment isn't one of them.

Who won the game isn't relavent. When a player is fouled and in the process has his jersey pulled from his pants then he should be given an opprotunity to tuck his jersey back in before being scolded by an official. It was the most off the wall thing I have ever witnessed.

I really can't believe what I am reading here. Getting on an official for enforcing the rules of the game? A game that RH won? Let me enlighten some of you:

From the National Federation of State High School Associations Rule Book:

Rule 3-4 Uniforms

Article 15--A team jersey designed to be worn inside the pants shall be tucked inside the pants and the pants shall be above the hips and worn properly. A player not conforming to this uniform policy shall be directed to leave the game.

Black and white, letter of the law, intent of the rule, whatever argument you want to bring up, it can't hold water fellas. There it is! Tuck your jersey in or don't play!!!!! No need to call the officials "fashion police" they are enforcing the rules of the game. If you don't like the rule, call the KHSAA or NFHS and ask them to change it! But until then, don't whine over an official doing his job.

I sat on the floor the whole night. There were two or three West Carter players whose shirt's were out most of the night. All I'm crying for is consistency, and you know who didn't show it.

I was not at the game. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that this is a rule, not just something the officials made up. I don't even know who was officiating this game, although with some of the descriptions, I have a good idea who it was. Didn't think this would cause such an uproar. I guess I will put away my "soapbox" for a while and let you guys monitor the officials unchecked.

For what it is worth and I think this will make some sense if everyone reads this slowly:

When you have two officials working a game, it is very difficult to focus on shirts out of pants. There are four eyes watching ten players. Games are played at a faster pace and there is so much movement with the ball and without the ball (like screening, crashing the boards, etc...) that two officials have to much to watch for then untucked shirts.

However, when you have three officials, you are adding a pair of eyes. This allows for more to be seen and the untucked shirt will be easier to notice.

Just my 2-cents worth.

For what it is worth and I think this will make some sense if everyone reads this slowly:

When you have two officials working a game, it is very difficult to focus on shirts out of pants. There are four eyes watching ten players. Games are played at a faster pace and there is so much movement with the ball and without the ball (like screening, crashing the boards, etc...) that two officials have to much to watch for then untucked shirts.

However, when you have three officials, you are adding a pair of eyes. This allows for more to be seen and the untucked shirt will be easier to notice.

Just my 2-cents worth.

I think that is a good point. Apparently the extra official in this game thought his only job was to watch for Chad Jackson's shirt tail.

Something that has not be mentioned is that the other two officials called a good game. Overall I thought the game was well officiated except for Zoolander and his obsession over one kids clothing.

Good game by the Royals and I'd like to give some credit to Coach Webb and the Comets who gave a fine effort the entire game. Rayburn for the Comets is a good shooter and I'd guess that somewhere along the line this season, he'll sink someone from behind the arc.

As for the Royals, they pushed the tempo all night. Fine game out of all of them. I'd also like to give Nate Quackenbush a bit of overdue credit. This kid is gonna turn out to be a force. He is athletic and very long. He often was a foot above everyone else to grab a rebound. And he has a bit of time to develop his skills into what I'd guess will be a force in this region when it's all said and done.

I'd like to say also that it was a pleasure to meet LRCW finally. Hope you can come again to the Stew and join us. BTW, did you really think you'd get anything out of Richardp?

And lastly, my take on the referree in question. After the game, I went back toward the officials dressing room and barely got out of the hallway. My shoes were literally stuck to the floor in the puddle of overspray of Paul Mitchell hairspray and as I finally got loose, I could have sworn there were pucker marks on the mirror in there. There was a bumper sticker on his car when he departed that stated "I love me some me!"

that kid catching all those fish has really grown, :flame: I'd bet he's big enough to play basketball by now.