Urban Meyer, next stop?

Undoubtedly if Urban coaches again it will be in college. So where is the most likely spot?

Back in Columbus when Day goes to the Bears?

UC when Fickell goes to Columbus after Day goes to the Bears?

Collects his cash a few years then goes to ND when Freeman is fired? Or back to Florida when Napier can only win 9 games and eventually gets fired?

How many schools that rushed to hire a coach by signing day, are kicking themselves today? Looking at you LSU, OU and USC...lol

Is Urban tainted goods now, does he need to go be Saban's OC for a year or two to restore his image?

So what is Urban's future?

Urban isn't tainted goods, he can get just about any college he wants, just needs to wait for one to open.  Texas if Sark doesn't work out?  Bama if Saban retires soon?  Back to OSU when Day finally wins a championship and leaves?

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Urban isn't tainted goods, he can get just about any college he wants, just needs to wait for one to open.  Texas if Sark doesn't work out?  Bama if Saban retires soon?  Back to OSU when Day finally wins a championship and leaves?

6 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Undoubtedly if Urban coaches again it will be in college. So where is the most likely spot?

Back in Columbus when Day goes to the Bears?

UC when Fickell goes to Columbus after Day goes to the Bears?

Collects his cash a few years then goes to ND when Freeman is fired? Or back to Florida when Napier can only win 9 games and eventually gets fired?

How many schools that rushed to hire a coach by signing day, are kicking themselves today? Looking at you LSU, OU and USC...lol

Is Urban tainted goods now, does he need to go be Saban's OC for a year or two to restore his image?

So what is Urban's future?

If Day leaves for the Bears Urban won't be the next coach at OSU. Guaranteed. 

FWIW, I don't see ND opening anytime soon either. I think Freeman will do well. If he's going anywhere with a now ND connection it will be LSU. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bert said:

You don't think the mishandling of the situation with his assistant coach and domestic violence at OSU then his ordeal with the girl at the bar this year might both be hard for a University President to overlook?

16 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

You don't think the mishandling of the situation with his assistant coach and domestic violence at OSU then his ordeal with the girl at the bar this year might both be hard for a University President to overlook?

Petrino's past makes Meyer look like a decent guy and UofL didn't hesitate to hire Petrino back.  Do you think the rest of college football has higher moral/ethical standards than UofL does?  I think, if you are a proven winner (like Petrino and Meyer), I think you can get away with all sorts of sins and find another lucrative position.  I think in the next few years, Rick Pitino will be back coaching in the Power 5 conferences.  If Brian Kelly had a winning record that looked more like Gerry Faust's, Bob Davey's,  Tyrone Willingham's or Charlie Weis's, would Notre Dame have overlooked the scissor lift in high winds incident where Kelly's arrogance killed a student, and not fire him?  I doubt it.

Maybe your are correct and I am just pessimistic about the ethics of athletic departments when it comes to having the opportunity to hire a proven winner.  But......let's face it, after Tubby left, Mitch did not want to touch Coach Cal with the Rose/Camby issues hanging over Cal's reputation so Mitch went with the "safer" option and hired Billy G.  After that flopped, Mitch NEEDED a winning coach and suddenly didn't care about Cal reputation.  If a coach like Sark flops and Texas continues to fall further in prestige and national relevance, will the brass in Austin find excuses to look past Meyer's faults?  I think so.

12 hours ago, Bert said:

Petrino's past makes Meyer look like a decent guy and UofL didn't hesitate to hire Petrino back.  Do you think the rest of college football has higher moral/ethical standards than UofL does? 

Yes, absolutely. Past history would show that the administration and culture that hired Petrino was morally and ethically bankrupt. Is there someone that would make a deal with the devil/Urban? Yes, but it's a very short list of desperate teams that would consider him.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Yes, absolutely. Past history would show that the administration and culture that hired Petrino was morally and ethically bankrupt. Is there someone that would make a deal with the devil/Urban? Yes, but it's a very short list of desperate teams that would consider him.

As the old saying goes "there is no honor among thieves". Lol

• Haha 1