Beechwood vs. Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Beechwood vs. Mayfield   

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Jason ... That is the way to approach it IMO. Listen to BW announcers while you watch. I think you have to have Facebook to watch though. If you don't have Facebook, I don't think you will be able to watch the Red Helmet video.

I have watched the Mayfield Red Helmet broadcast. At first it is annoying because the announcers seem to only pay half attention to the game at times and are 100% fans, with no intent to be broadcasters. I mean, plays are happening in the game and they are saying hello to people they know in the stands. As you keep watching, they can be entertaining at times because they are so much like fans watching the game. They make some remarks that you will get a laugh out of. If you are a Beechwood fan, it would be very hard to listen to.

Ok, i have to respond to this. It is true that we are fans who are broadcasting the game, but we know what we are talking about. We actually do something pretty unique in that we respond to viewers who are commenting about the game. I understand that some of that can sound somewhat unprofessional at times, but we are not claiming to be professionals.

What has amazed us during this whole thing is that we gave an opportunity for fans who live far away from Mayfield the ability to watch every game. And they are so grateful for it! We have a grandmother who lives in Brazil that gets to see her grandson play every friday night…same for a soldier in afghanistan who gets to see his littl brother play. I could go on, but i wont. We do it for Mayfield fans…thats it. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Jason ... That is the way to approach it IMO. Listen to BW announcers while you watch. I think you have to have Facebook to watch though. If you don't have Facebook, I don't think you will be able to watch the Red Helmet video.

I have watched the Mayfield Red Helmet broadcast. At first it is annoying because the announcers seem to only pay half attention to the game at times and are 100% fans, with no intent to be broadcasters. I mean, plays are happening in the game and they are saying hello to people they know in the stands. As you keep watching, they can be entertaining at times because they are so much like fans watching the game. They make some remarks that you will get a laugh out of. If you are a Beechwood fan, it would be very hard to listen to.

I have watched the Red Helmet club as well on Facebook. I just never turn up the sound. 

3 hours ago, GBR said:

Ok, i have to respond to this. It is true that we are fans who are broadcasting the game, but we know what we are talking about. We actually do something pretty unique in that we respond to viewers who are commenting about the game. I understand that some of that can sound somewhat unprofessional at times, but we are not claiming to be professionals.

What has amazed us during this whole thing is that we gave an opportunity for fans who live far away from Mayfield the ability to watch every game. And they are so grateful for it! We have a grandmother who lives in Brazil that gets to see her grandson play every friday night…same for a soldier in afghanistan who gets to see his littl brother play. I could go on, but i wont. We do it for Mayfield fans…thats it. 

Keep doing what you are doing. What you do is different and takes some getting used to. It isn't the typical broadcast. You are having fun, it is entertaining and you are providing a nice service.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The Saddle Club will be rocking pre and post game. Working on details, but plan on a pre game inside before heading to Edgar McNabb Field starting by 5:00. All are welcome. 

For the Mayfields fans traveling up, be aware Beechwood has some pretty significant construction going on. Plan on arriving early for a good spot if you plan on parking at the school. Ft Mitchell Kroger’s is plan B. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I've never had the chance to travel to see mayfield play beechwood. I've heard that beechwood fans are very classy. I can't wait for Friday. I honestly think this game will be alot closer than some may think. The defensive coaching staff of mayfield is taking this matchup very seriously from what I understand.

I get my haircut at the same barbershop as alot of the players. They seem pretty locked in. I always give them a hard time about teams they are playing that week lol I gave them a hard time all year about BW and LCA. They don't take to kind to it. It's all in fun but I know they want this win friday.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Neutral said:

I've never had the chance to travel to see mayfield play beechwood. I've heard that beechwood fans are very classy. I can't wait for Friday. I honestly think this game will be alot closer than some may think. The defensive coaching staff of mayfield is taking this matchup very seriously from what I understand.

I get my haircut at the same barbershop as alot of the players. They seem pretty locked in. I always give them a hard time about teams they are playing that week lol I gave them a hard time all year about BW and LCA. They don't take to kind to it. It's all in fun but I know they want this win friday.

Safe travels! You are right. As I have said repeatedly, anyone who doesn't think this game will be close is fooling themselves. I think this will be more of a defensive game than some think. Beechwood's defense this year is outstanding. Only 2 teams have scored more than one TD against Beechwood - 6A Dixie Heights and 6A Simon Kenton and Simon Kenton's last 2 TD's came after the running clock had started. Dixie Heights is the only team that scored more than a TD against Beechwood's starters. I know Mayfield prides themselves on their defense as well. I think they have to hold Beechwood to less than 21 points to win. If Mayfield scores more than 21 points, I will be surprised. But Mayfield has surprised me before.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Safe travels! You are right. As I have said repeatedly, anyone who doesn't think this game will be close is fooling themselves. I think this will be more of a defensive game than some think. Beechwood's defense this year is outstanding. Only 2 teams have scored more than one TD against Beechwood - 6A Dixie Heights and 6A Simon Kenton and Simon Kenton's last 2 TD's came after the running clock had started. Dixie Heights is the only team that scored more than a TD against Beechwood's starters. I know Mayfield prides themselves on their defense as well. I think they have to hold Beechwood to less than 21 points to win. If Mayfield scores more than 21 points, I will be surprised. But Mayfield has surprised me before.

I showed the kids this earlier lol. They got mad at me like I was the one that posted it lol

This too will be my first trip to Ft Mitchell to see these two teams play…I like how the Cardinals are playing right now, but defending against Hergott has me concerned. How do you prepare for a player like that? If too much focus is on him, than Beechwood has other guys who can hurt you. I have confidence in our coaches… they are some of the finest high school football coaches you can find, but it will take a great game plan and some flawless execution to keep Beechwood from getting that long desired win against us.

• Like 4